PDA

View Full Version : I'm absolutely livid with the GOP!

john_anderson_ii
11-07-2007, 02:58 AM
And other republicans AND local GOP precincts should be too! I've been working myself into a frenzy all day over this, despite the good news of media coverage, and if I don't vent soon I may never sleep tonight.

The National GOP has lost it's fricking mind! It's like they've become too damn arrogant for their own constituents! Have they forgotten politicking 101! They've become an exclusive, "I know more than you so shut up" club that wants to exclude people from their party instead of include them. How do you win any sort of majority contest with that attitude!

Let me calm down, and I'll explain. Today's victory for Ron Paul was a victory for the GOP. The 4.2 million raised could have gone into Hillary's or Obama's coffers, but it didn't. They went into the coffers of a Republican. The 17,000 first time donors could have been Democrat supporters, but they weren't, they are Republican supporters. Yesterday Ron Paul brought his share of treasure and warm bodies to the GOP's table, and they turned up their nose! It may not have been the lion's share, but it was a hefty chunk of new blood and vitality that the GOP has been sorely lacking.

They say Paul's supporters aren't real GOP supporters! Guess what GOP, with an attitude like that, they never will be! Did you fail marketing? The GOP ignores or marginalizes the efforts of 35,000 people who made history to the glory of the GOP, and then whine that they won't be real GOP supporters? Why aren't city and state GOP chairs absolutely fuming? With G.W. Bush's absolute failure the past 8 years, it's going to be hard enough to get Republicans to the polls, now the Republican Party itself, through it's Fox News mouthpieces wants to intentionally alienate a proven large segment of voters? It's absurd!

They've said in the past that we RP supporters are just in it to get out of Iraq. They've said we just want to eliminate the IRS or legalize pot, or find the "truth". Never once have they said, "Damn, look at all these young people full of fervor! Our party could use that about right now." Are they really so arrogant as to believe that they are somehow going to pull off this election while pushing new people out of the party? Do they think they are going to beat the Democrats with their broken, debased, and demoralized membership? Are they so arrogant as to believe that they don't need a fresh influx of supporters who's sole purpose is to bring the party back to what made it so great in the first place!

The GOP has failed. Are they going to spend years sulking and building a fresh team and a fresh platform, or are they are going to take in the free agent that already has this fresh, and proven, platform? I don't like the answer to that question. What a bunch of idiots. If this ends without an RP nomination AND the GOP embracing this platform that is drawing in young, new support, I'm going LP for good.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Sometimes I wish we could just go 3rd party right now with a massive amount of money, but Republicans are our best bet and the GOP will lose no matter who they run with the exception of the guy who is catchin' on.

Lord Xar
11-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I believe the GOP and the dems have both been co-opted by elites with an agenda. Its a top down operation so the lackeys follow along to the pied pipers.

This GOP is NOT the GOP I remember it ever being. Its turned into something nasty. It will see its own house burned down because its 'masters' have told them the boogyman is in there. And the ones that have integrity are far outnumbered and too afraid to speak up!

a_european
11-07-2007, 03:09 AM
As always spot on. Thats what is going trough my mind latey too.
"I don't want your money", is that good business?
"Don't vote for me", is that good politics?

They have two options: Roll over and die or refresh the party.

Ninja Homer
11-07-2007, 03:16 AM
John, you vent well! That would make a great OpEd piece. Send it in!

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 03:19 AM
John, you vent well! That would make a great OpEd piece. Send it in!

I agree! You should definitely do this.

Nash
11-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah I really don't understand the animosity the party establishment has towards Ron Paul. Aside from the war issue he's pretty much completely in line with their platform (even more conservative).

They did the same thing to Pat Buchanan in 1996 but unlike Buchanan, Paul is also bringing in a whole generation of voters to the Republican party.

You would think they would be as nice to him as possible until election day and then decide what to do. If he loses they get to say they were nice and maybe court some of his supporters, if he wins they can back him and look like geniuses.

I doubt I'll be very active in the party following this thing if Ron Paul doesn't win. These guys are just foolish for pushing our support away. They need us at this point.

Lord Xar
11-07-2007, 03:29 AM
I concur.

This should be sent out. Its very concise, emotional and really expresses alot of frustration WE ALL FEEL!

Do it. Its a very good piece.

john_anderson_ii
11-07-2007, 03:31 AM
I concur.

This should be sent out. Its very concise, emotional and really expresses alot of frustration WE ALL FEEL!

Do it. Its a very good piece.

Ok, who do I send it to? The local paper?

cac1963
11-07-2007, 03:32 AM
I believe the GOP and the dems have both been co-opted by elites with an agenda. Its a top down operation so the lackeys follow along to the pied pipers.

This GOP is NOT the GOP I remember it ever being. Its turned into something nasty. It will see its own house burned down because its 'masters' have told them the boogyman is in there. And the ones that have integrity are far outnumbered and too afraid to speak up!

Did anybody ever dig up who within the GOP turned the stars upside down on the official logo?

expatriot
11-07-2007, 03:43 AM
Could someone PM me with the
Total number of votes Ron Paul has Right Now
if we projected from such countables as Nov 5th, total donors, etc.

I am sure someone has done this I just haven't seen it anywhere.

I am almost certain we are about 2million strong now, but my rough guess
may be wildly underestimating those who are convinced but not
visible (the silent majority syndrome)

Thanks - I can use this in a manner to pull some rug...

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 03:53 AM
THE GOP is dead in the water,without Ron Paul

Ra_
11-07-2007, 04:24 AM
http://democratsforpaul.com/disgust.jpg

Taco John
11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Wait until you see their faces when WE control the party.

They're going to get desperate. They'll beg Newt to run on a third party ticket.

Think about that! THEY'RE going to be the ones running for a third party.

Wait and watch it happen...

TooConservative
11-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Let me calm down, and I'll explain. Today's victory for Ron Paul was a victory for the GOP. The 4.2 million raised could have gone into Hillary's or Obama's coffers, but it didn't. They went into the coffers of a Republican. The 17,000 first time donors could have been Democrat supporters, but they weren't, they are Republican supporters.

You don't understand.

They would greatly prefer that RP supporters would give money to and support Clinton or Obama.

They cannot tolerate a non-neocon and genuinely conservative voice for consitutionalism. It threatens their entire house of cards, even more than losing to Clinton in '08.

deedles
11-07-2007, 05:21 AM

Hear, hear!

johngr
11-07-2007, 05:21 AM

I think the explicit secret plan at the top is to throw the election to Hitlery.

Energy
11-07-2007, 05:25 AM
I think the explicit secret plan at the top is to throw the election to Hitlery.

It's said that Bush has been advising Hillary:

http://www.examiner.com/a-953145~Bush_quietly_advising_Hillary_Clinton__top_ Democrats.html

Bolten said Bush wants enough continuity in his Iraq policy that "even a Democratic president would be in a position to sustain a legitimate presence there."

"She's a neocon!" -Tucker

Ra_
11-07-2007, 05:30 AM
The vast majority of Republicans don't profit from Halliburton.
They will eventually rise up against the neocons and embrace Ron Paul.
Right now most are too used to parroting Rush & Hannity
and they actually believe the lies that Ron Paul can't win.

They will soon awaken from that spell.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/soon.jpg

walt
11-07-2007, 05:32 AM

I, unfortunately, must agree with this statement

walt
11-07-2007, 05:35 AM
[QUOTE=Ra_;368193]The vast majority of Republicans don't profit from Halliburton.
They will eventually rise up against the neocons and embrace Ron Paul.
Right now most are too used to parroting Rush & Hannity
and they actually believe the lies that Ron Paul can't win.

They will soon awaken from that spell.

[QUOTE]

I think this is true to some extent, but I learn something new everyday about Ron and I've been studying him everyday for six months.

If one has a closed mind, how do they ever do this?

Our success or failure lies in the execution or lack thereof in this thread I fear.

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Time for a reality check. The 4.2 million raised, where did it come from? The endless streaming donations, where did they come from? Certainly not from the cadavers in the "last gasp" Republican Party... People don't give a stuff about hierarchical structures anymore.

johngr
11-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Yeah I really don't understand the animosity the party establishment has towards Ron Paul. Aside from the war issue he's pretty much completely in line with their platform (even more conservative).

They did the same thing to Pat Buchanan in 1996 but unlike Buchanan, Paul is also bringing in a whole generation of voters to the Republican party.

You would think they would be as nice to him as possible until election day and then decide what to do. If he loses they get to say they were nice and maybe court some of his supporters, if he wins they can back him and look like geniuses.

I doubt I'll be very active in the party following this thing if Ron Paul doesn't win. These guys are just foolish for pushing our support away. They need us at this point.

No, they're not being foolish. They're doing exactly what the intend to do. Torpedoing the Republican Party (they don't need it anymore). Just like the USA is being brought down by design using Bush/Clinton as front "persons".

manuel
11-07-2007, 06:09 AM
When we win, they'll be the ones trying to come back in. We will of course welcome them back, because we'll need them for the general national election.

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 06:13 AM
When will some of you understand there's a Revolution going on? There's more people out there than you realize who feel exactly as you do... Looks whats starting to happen. You are tapping into the vein of discontent.

jointhefightforfreedom
11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Write it up and i will post it as an article on jointhefightforfreedom.com

and get it ranked in google!!!!!!
that is a voice they can't stop
include any links you want in it as well as credits

jointhefightforfreedom
11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/mediasheep.jpg

This is what they want!

bolidew
11-07-2007, 06:55 AM
RP CAN revive and expand the GOP base.
Join it to change it!

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 07:05 AM
RP CAN revive and expand the GOP base.
Join it to change it!

Join the GOP for the primaries to elect a Legend, then send the the shills and traitors from both parties to Pakistan to hunt down Bin Laden.

wsc321
11-07-2007, 07:12 AM
I agree with the general perspective that the GOP is not at all dumb, but know exactly what they are doing. Their animosity toward and bias against Ron Paul is deliberate and thoughtful: not the result of miscalculations, "old school" thinking or the leadership being generally inept. I've said it over and over: it will be more difficult for Ron Paul to get the GOP nomination than to win the White House.

This is where I still question whether the majority of the Ron Paul base really understands what we're up against. (That's not even remotely meant as a criticism - we're all coming out of the dreamland of disinformation and MSM conditioning on some level.) Some seem to take the position that it all comes down to hard work and money. That there are no back-room deals or systemic corruption, just greed, political opportunism, and a trend that needs to be countered.

I believe if Ron Paul gets to the white house it will at a minimum be because the movement caused a majority of voting Americans to throw off the shackles of having their political thought and opinion controlled by the MSM, and subsequently became active in all touch points of the political process available to them.

On the extreme end, I'll guess it means that the movement somehow uprooted corruption in the process. I don't know about you, but I don't, for example, trust Fox News at all. I don't trust the polling companies that are supposed to be neutral. I don't trust the process for determining who meets the 5% threshold for the Iowa debates... I don't know where this control structure begins and ends, or if it is getting worse right in front of us. I know how over-the-top this may sound to some, but at a minimum I think every single Ron Paul supporter should be 100% committed to any movement to ensure transparency in the voting/tally process. I'd even suggest we have some kind independent recount of our own votes in the primaries.

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Nice analysis.

johngr
11-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I'd even suggest we have some kind independent recount of our own votes in the primaries.

The campaign doesn't support that and would smear anyone who is concerned about black box voting as a conspiracy nut job.

margomaps
11-07-2007, 07:27 AM
And other republicans AND local GOP precincts should be too! I've been working myself into a frenzy all day over this, despite the good news of media coverage, and if I don't vent soon I may never sleep tonight.

The National GOP has lost it's fricking mind! It's like they've become too damn arrogant for their own constituents! Have they forgotten politicking 101! They've become an exclusive, "I know more than you so shut up" club that wants to exclude people from their party instead of include them. How do you win any sort of majority contest with that attitude!

Let me calm down, and I'll explain. Today's victory for Ron Paul was a victory for the GOP. The 4.2 million raised could have gone into Hillary's or Obama's coffers, but it didn't. They went into the coffers of a Republican. The 17,000 first time donors could have been Democrat supporters, but they weren't, they are Republican supporters. Yesterday Ron Paul brought his share of treasure and warm bodies to the GOP's table, and they turned up their nose! It may not have been the lion's share, but it was a hefty chunk of new blood and vitality that the GOP has been sorely lacking.

They say Paul's supporters aren't real GOP supporters! Guess what GOP, with an attitude like that, they never will be! Did you fail marketing? The GOP ignores or marginalizes the efforts of 35,000 people who made history to the glory of the GOP, and then whine that they won't be real GOP supporters? Why aren't city and state GOP chairs absolutely fuming? With G.W. Bush's absolute failure the past 8 years, it's going to be hard enough to get Republicans to the polls, now the Republican Party itself, through it's Fox News mouthpieces wants to intentionally alienate a proven large segment of voters? It's absurd!

They've said in the past that we RP supporters are just in it to get out of Iraq. They've said we just want to eliminate the IRS or legalize pot, or find the "truth". Never once have they said, "Damn, look at all these young people full of fervor! Our party could use that about right now." Are they really so arrogant as to believe that they are somehow going to pull off this election while pushing new people out of the party? Do they think they are going to beat the Democrats with their broken, debased, and demoralized membership? Are they so arrogant as to believe that they don't need a fresh influx of supporters who's sole purpose is to bring the party back to what made it so great in the first place!

The GOP has failed. Are they going to spend years sulking and building a fresh team and a fresh platform, or are they are going to take in the free agent that already has this fresh, and proven, platform? I don't like the answer to that question. What a bunch of idiots. If this ends without an RP nomination AND the GOP embracing this platform that is drawing in young, new support, I'm going LP for good.

Ok, from what I can tell I'm the first person in this thread who's going to ask this question:

When you talk about the "GOP Establishment" turning its nose up at Paul, what exactly are you referring to? Are you referring to people like Giuliani, Romney, et al, and the people who run their campaigns? Are you referring to talking heads in the media like Hannity and O'Reilly? None of these represent the GOP "establishment" IMO. I'd like to know what evidence there is that there is a concerted effort by "the GOP" (who represents the GOP anyway??) to snub Dr. Paul.

I'm not saying this evidence doesn't exist, but I'm truthfully not aware of it. All I see is a reluctance of many Republicans to embrace a message which is antithetical to that which they've followed for the past 7 years. I think it's a natural, fearful reaction to sudden change, and not indication of a conspiratorial coordinated attack on Dr. Paul.

Hook
11-07-2007, 07:31 AM
The neocons don't care about the party per se, only that a neocon is in power. That is why they are throwing support Hillary's way.

Ra_
11-07-2007, 07:38 AM
All I see is a reluctance of many Republicans to embrace a message which is antithetical to that which they've followed for the past 7 years.

Maybe it's time to open your eyes to what that 7 years has wrought?

wsc321
11-07-2007, 07:39 AM
The campaign doesn't support that and would smear anyone who is concerned about black box voting as a conspiracy nut job.

Gosh, I hope not. It would be one thing to disagree with the effort (which, BTW, I wonder if we could run as a grassroots effort anyway?), but another to smear your own supporters.

I know Ron Paul himself does, in fact, support a "paper trail", which might be enough in and of itself.

margomaps
11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Maybe it's time to open your eyes to what that 7 years has wrought?

What are you talking about? I'm perfectly aware of the disasters that the last 7 years have wrought. What does that have to do with my question? :confused:

entropy
11-07-2007, 07:45 AM
We are watching history in the making folks. The GOP is disintegrating. What will come from the ash pile the neo cons have created should be very interesting. If all Ron Paul's run does is hasten the collapse then I say run till the bitter end Ron! "mission accomplished"

BTW I am a 20 year registered republican.

Ron Paul.....Hope for America

Ra_
11-07-2007, 07:47 AM
What are you talking about? I'm perfectly aware of the disasters that the last 7 years have wrought. What does that have to do with my question? :confused:

I'm saying that using the mistakes of the last seven years as an excuse to reject Paul is unacceptable.

I'm saying that I believe that the vast majority of Republicans will choose Paul over the Status Quo,
once they have stopped listening to Rush & Hannity and begin listening to their heart again.

margomaps
11-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm saying that using the mistakes of the last seven years as an excuse to reject Paul is unacceptable.

I'm saying that I believe that the vast majority of Republicans will choose Paul over the Status Quo,
once they have stopped listening to Rush & Hannity and begin listening to their heart again.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now that you've done so, it appears that you agree with my thesis completely: that there is no "GOP conspiracy" -- there's just a lot of skepticism and reluctance to change.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
The GOP is NOT the GOP that I remember before. I've been a solid Republican Voter but if they actively and successfully push aside Ron Paul, I have had it. Ron Paul represents my ideas. If the GOP doesn't want me, I'll never vote for any of them again and stick with the Libertarians exclusively. I'm disgusted too.

Primbs
11-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Every new political movement has to take on the establishment. Reagan had to fight in 1976 and 1980 until he finally took over. There are many short sighted people. That is human nature.

New movements fight against the establishment until they win. Then they get to pull the levers of power.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Speech, 1941, Harrow School

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

Brinck Slattery
11-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. Now that you've done so, it appears that you agree with my thesis completely: that there is no "GOP conspiracy" -- there's just a lot of skepticism and reluctance to change.

I don't think it's any kind of conspiracy, it's the "stay the course" mentality writ large. Remember Michael Steele saying after that first debate that Ron Paul was "finished?" Remember the Iowa GOP's current shenanigans in regards to the upcoming debate?

These people aren't conspiring, they've just made their party a closed club. To be a member of the club you need to go through the catechism of the post-9/11 Republican. Paul freaks them out because he has a bunch of people who are decidedly not in the club banging at the gates.

Think of Rodney Dangerfield vs. Judge Smials in Caddyshack, you'll get the idea.

Ra_
11-07-2007, 08:01 AM
http://democratsforpaul.com/fatcat3.jpg

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 08:09 AM
The only active people in the GOP that remain, are the fascist "malingerers"... If only every state had open primaries, we could set ourselves free from this chord around our necks!

Ra_
11-07-2007, 08:16 AM
The evil elements of the GOP have been allowed to bleed our country
because the rank and file Republicans have chosen Party, over Country.
As much as the GOP has horrified the rest of us these past 7 years,
we are still registering Republican right now, because of one man.

Republicans now need to repudiate the Bush administration and atone for their sins.

We, are coming to you. Now do your part.

Primbs
11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Actually I met many Reagan supporters who said they worked fourteen years to get him in the White House. Reagan ran in 1966 and then 1968 for the Presidency.

They were up against a hostile GOP establishment. Nixon was very liberal in his first term on spending and regulation while Reagan was conservative with a libertarian streak.

Much of the fervor of the Ron Paul campaign is similar to the fervor of the 1976 and 1980 Reagan campaign.

freelance
11-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I agree with the general perspective that the GOP is not at all dumb, but know exactly what they are doing. Their animosity toward and bias against Ron Paul is deliberate and thoughtful: not the result of miscalculations, "old school" thinking or the leadership being generally inept. I've said it over and over: it will be more difficult for Ron Paul to get the GOP nomination than to win the White House.

This is where I still question whether the majority of the Ron Paul base really understands what we're up against. (That's not even remotely meant as a criticism - we're all coming out of the dreamland of disinformation and MSM conditioning on some level.) Some seem to take the position that it all comes down to hard work and money. That there are no back-room deals or systemic corruption, just greed, political opportunism, and a trend that needs to be countered.

I believe if Ron Paul gets to the white house it will at a minimum be because the movement caused a majority of voting Americans to throw off the shackles of having their political thought and opinion controlled by the MSM, and subsequently became active in all touch points of the political process available to them.

On the extreme end, I'll guess it means that the movement somehow uprooted corruption in the process. I don't know about you, but I don't, for example, trust Fox News at all. I don't trust the polling companies that are supposed to be neutral. I don't trust the process for determining who meets the 5% threshold for the Iowa debates... I don't know where this control structure begins and ends, or if it is getting worse right in front of us. I know how over-the-top this may sound to some, but at a minimum I think every single Ron Paul supporter should be 100% committed to any movement to ensure transparency in the voting/tally process. I'd even suggest we have some kind independent recount of our own votes in the primaries.

There is no way that I would hope to say any of this with the finesse that you just did. Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall in all of the back-room dealings. I'll bet they are just beside themselves right now, having underestimated their opponent. We, on the other hand, having been screaming to the choir that we can never underestimate what they're going to throw at us. You think yesterday's announcement about the Dec. 4th GOP debate was bad. Just wait...

One last thing: The GOP does not represent us in any way, shape or form. They are NOT working in our interests. Our only hope of regaining the GOP is sheer numbers. Personally, I'd rather regain our country than some elephant with upside down stars. Those upside down stars were no accident.

Ozwest
11-07-2007, 08:35 AM
The constraints put upon Ron Paul supporters due to the biased two party primary system are immense. It is utterly frustrating playing this macheovelian game... Register Republican or Democrat. It's a farce that will probably deny Ron Paul the Republican nomination.

ChicagoLawyer
11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately the 2-Party game is the only game in town. The only path to freedom for us is to stay with the GOP and change it from within. As hard as it sounds changing the Democrat Party would be much, much harder, and going third-party is a dead-ender. It's a complete waste of time. Don't do it! If RP does not get the nomination I sincerely hope that he does not run on a third party or independent ticket but stays to help change the GOP. Reagan did it, we can do it.

powertothepeople
11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
DIGG it! http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/I_m_absolutely_livid_with_the_GOP

syborius
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM

With trillions in the balance with the war on terra, and the war on drugs, and the war on our civil liberties. I think not. We are at war for our liberty, the corporate whore majority wants to burn us.

john_anderson_ii
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok, from what I can tell I'm the first person in this thread who's going to ask this question:

When you talk about the "GOP Establishment" turning its nose up at Paul, what exactly are you referring to? Are you referring to people like Giuliani, Romney, et al, and the people who run their campaigns? Are you referring to talking heads in the media like Hannity and O'Reilly? None of these represent the GOP "establishment" IMO. I'd like to know what evidence there is that there is a concerted effort by "the GOP" (who represents the GOP anyway??) to snub Dr. Paul.

I'm not saying this evidence doesn't exist, but I'm truthfully not aware of it. All I see is a reluctance of many Republicans to embrace a message which is antithetical to that which they've followed for the past 7 years. I think it's a natural, fearful reaction to sudden change, and not indication of a conspiratorial coordinated attack on Dr. Paul.

Just imagine if Guilliani or Romney was treated this way in a Fox news debate. Every Republican from G.W. Bush down to the mayor of Podunktown, Colorado would be making press releases condemning the behavior of the Fox moderators. We would see a "Unified GOP Front" on every news channel and talk show with Brit Hume in it's crosshairs. Look at what happens when anyone in the media successfully attacks Limbaugh's or Gingrich's integrity! That's all the evidence I need.

Bob Cochran
11-07-2007, 11:29 AM
This GOP is NOT the GOP I remember it ever being.
It has been a march toward full-blown fascism.

Are we very far from where Pakistan is? I think not.

Recent Pakistan headlines:
Musharraf Suspends Pakistan's Constitution, Declares State Of Emergency, Replaces Chief Justice, Imposes Media Blackout