PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich

Bluedevil
11-07-2007, 02:45 AM
I have never been a fan of Kucinich, but he really wiped the floor with Tucker Carlson in this interview. They should show this in debating classes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bELc-kjLR_E&feature=bz303

RonPaulFever
11-07-2007, 02:52 AM
If it ended up being Kucinich vs. Neocon Puppet X in the general election, he'd get my vote. I personally like the guy and think he has integrity, but it goes without saying that he's simply wrong in his philosophy.

Kudos to him for trying to get Dick Cheney impeached, even if it IS a publicity stunt.

johngr
11-07-2007, 03:39 AM
Why did Ron Paul vote to table it?

Richandler
11-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Because Ron has a much better bill that would simply revoke all the Presidential abuses and such that have occured in the last 7 years effectively giving the power back to congress. We don't need to impeach we need to get them back on the leash with a choke collar. Because you can Impeach all you want but there is nothing preventing the next president from coming in and partaking in the same abuses.

Richie
11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Because Ron has a much better bill that would simply revoke all the Presidential abuses and such that have occured in the last 7 years effectively giving the power back to congress. We don't need to impeach we need to get them back on the leash with a choke collar. Because you can Impeach all you want but there is nothing preventing the next president from coming in and partaking in the same abuses.

Amen. Impeachment is a total waste of time in this case, and too late if you think about it.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Amen. Impeachment is a total waste of time in this case, and too late if you think about it.

Impeachment is necessary, not a waste of time.

Stop with the neocon propoganda.

Conza88
11-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Not to mention... they'd go after IRAN pretty much asap. Plausibly shut down the election, eh? :confused:

Ralph Nader: "Things Are a Lot Worse than We Thought!"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rIO-tCPSfHA

We need those elections.. Ron Paul's going to win, don't want to stain history for ourselves. :cool:

RP08
11-07-2007, 08:34 AM
LOL!!

"I'm ready to be on Saturday Night Live; it would be second only to being on your show."

johngr
11-07-2007, 08:51 AM

They need to be called to account for their crimes, after receiving a fair and impartial trial and exhausting their appeals (with a length of rope, imo).

freelance
11-07-2007, 08:58 AM
They need to be called to account for their crimes, after receiving a fair and impartial trial and exhausting their appeals (with a length of rope, imo).

Thing is, it should have been done years ago, but thanks to Nancy (impeachment is off the table) Pelosi, too much time has been wasted. At this point, they can simply run out the clock. It's unlikely that a few articles of impeachment would impede either of them. They would just run out the clock, and they could still institute martial law while under the cloud of articles of impeachment. In fact, they'd probably laugh out loud on national TV at impeachment--further thumbing their nose at the American people.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Thing is, it should have been done years ago, but thanks to Nancy (impeachment is off the table) Pelosi, too much time has been wasted. At this point, they can simply run out the clock. It's unlikely that a few articles of impeachment would impede either of them. They would just run out the clock, and they could still institute martial law while under the cloud of articles of impeachment. In fact, they'd probably laugh out loud on national TV at impeachment--further thumbing their nose at the American people.

And that somehow justified not proceeding with impeachment?

pcosmar
11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Impeachment is necessary, not a waste of time.

Stop with the neocon propoganda.

As much as I would like to see them Impeached, I have to agree that it would be a waste of both time and money.
It would turn into a media circus. There would be "Independent investigations" that would last for years and cost Millions.
It would distract from the issues in the coming elections.
I would much rather see the Government as a whole be put on a tight leash.
Not that I wouldn't like to see some of them on a short rope.

freelance
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
And that somehow justified not proceeding with impeachment?

I didn't say that. I'd love nothing more than to see the two of them, along with a bunch of CongressCritters and Judges and Justices impeached all at the same time. It would make be my wildest dream come true--along with a few criminal indictments just as frosting on the cake.

I'm just stating the obvious.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
As much as I would like to see them Impeached, I have to agree that it would be a waste of both time and money.
It would turn into a media circus. There would be "Independent investigations" that would last for years and cost Millions.
It would distract from the issues in the coming elections.
I would much rather see the Government as a whole be put on a tight leash.
Not that I wouldn't like to see some of them on a short rope.

This is about upholding these people to the law of the land, the constitution, not money - time - or anything else. It's about doing the moral thing. And, for that matter, I cannot imagine a better use of time and money than impeachment. With the drumbeat to war with Iran getting louder and louder, the dangers of continued deterioration of our constitution - I don't see how you can not support impeachment. It's totally baffling, as Ron Paul would say.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
What I am saying is - the more impeachment becomes an option and not, "off the table" as Retard Pelosi says - the more the American people will support it and the more congress will be forced to actually consider it an option. I cannot justify a position that would label impeachment a waste of time or money. If one person, who did not think of impeachment, now thought of it as a possibility - that is one person closer to him being impeached. People are the power, whether they are fbi, wallstreet, or the average truck driver - once the minds of individuals change so will their actions.

Talking about impeachment and getting it from "off the table" to "why is that pelosi saying it's off the table" is a step in the right direction.

Richie
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Exactly why I think impeachment would be a waste of time.

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be impeached, it should have been done before the Dems had control of Congress. I just think it's too late now. If Bush is impeached, then Cheney would take his place. If they both are, then Pelosi would become President. Nothing would change. Though, I think if anybody should be impeached now, it should be Cheney.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Exactly why I think impeachment would be a waste of time.

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be impeached, it should have been done before the Dems had control of Congress. I just think it's too late now. If Bush is impeached, then Cheney would take his place. If they both are, then Pelosi would become President. Nothing would change. Though, I think if anybody should be impeached now, it should be Cheney.

Your argument makes no sense.

Because Pelosi is a neocon hack and said "impeachment is off the table" the american people, who support impeachment, should not push for this to happen?

And Kuchinich is a quack for pushing for impeachment?

Because Pelosi says so?

Because people can't change their minds?

You, really, need to stop watching Fox news.

Richie
11-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Your argument makes no sense.

Because Pelosi is a neocon hack and said "impeachment is off the table" the american people, who support impeachment, should not push for this to happen?

And Kuchinich is a quack for pushing for impeachment?

Because Pelosi says so?

Because people can't change their minds?

You, really, need to stop watching Fox news.

Don't worry. I stopped watching Fox News a few months ago. :p

Sorry for my point not making much sense. I kinda wrote it in a hurry. I was suppost to be working on school.

I never said Kucinich is a quack for pushing this. I'm actually happy he's pushing this. The President and Vice President need this pressure on them. If they were at risk of being impeached, it would be a mini checks and balances thing.

I should state my opinion more clear - impeaching both Bush and Cheney would be a waste of time because of Pelosi, and impeaching just Bush would be a waste of time because of Cheney. But I support impeaching Cheney, because Kucinich was right when he said he was spreading lies about Iraq and Iran. I'm just skeptical because their term is almost over, and I think this would be much more affective if done earlier on. I apologize again for not making myself clear.

jamesmadison
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Don't worry. I stopped watching Fox News a few months ago. :p

Sorry for my point not making much sense. I kinda wrote it in a hurry. I was suppost to be working on school.

I never said Kucinich is a quack for pushing this. I'm actually happy he's pushing this. The President and Vice President need this pressure on them. If they were at risk of being impeached, it would be a mini checks and balances thing.

I should state my opinion more clear - impeaching both Bush and Cheney would be a waste of time because of Pelosi, and impeaching just Bush would be a waste of time because of Cheney. But I support impeaching Cheney, because Kucinich was right when he said he was spreading lies about Iraq and Iran. I'm just skeptical because their term is almost over, and I think this would be much more affective if done earlier on. I apologize again for not making myself clear.

That's fair.

Just remember: the more impeachment is talked about, the more it becomes an option, the closer it is to reality.

Sorry about that.

BuddyRey
11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
My opinion: To save our international reputation and indeed, our very future, we must impeach, NOW!!!

james1906
11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
As long as he doesn't promise everyone money, I'd love to see Kucinich as Paul's Sec of State. He's be great at mending fences.

hutch
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
My opinion: To save our international reputation and indeed, our very future, we must impeach, NOW!!!

I whole heartedly agree.

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
The committee has already said that "impeachment is not in the agenda" or some such. It's not going to happen. Our government is filled with crooks.