PDA

View Full Version : Carolla Rips Apart Millenials and OWS

AuH20
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
So true. Sure, the system is horrible but a majority of these punks have been brainwashed by the corporate consumer culture which told them from adolescence that they were future celebrities. You aren't a unique, beautiful snowflake, asshole! ;)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/adam-carolla-breaks-down-occupy-movement-fking-self-entitled-monsters/

He rhetorically asks why the “slowest, fattest guy on the team” would deserve an MVP award. In the process of rewarding those undeserving, Carolla says that “we created a bunch of f**king self-entitled monsters.”

“We’re dealing with the first wave of those f**cking a**holes now,” he blasts in reference to the Occupy protesters. The kind who believe “my own fecal matter doesn’t stink.”

dannno
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Hah, ya, forget about the corrupt system they are protesting that they had NO part in creating :rolleyes:

I love Adam Carolla, he's a funny guy, but he seriously misses the mark big time on a few issues. This is one of them. You should listen to him rant about how great our military drone program is, how horrible the Muslim culture is compared to ours and how stupid people are who think that if we ended the war against Muslims that they might actually have less reasons to attack us :rolleyes:

AuH20
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Hah, ya, forget about the corrupt system they are protesting that they had NO part in creating :rolleyes:

But everything was apparently copacetic, until the money stopped flowing. How convenient. At least many in the RP coalition have been complaining about the system, even during the alleged boom times.

dannno
12-01-2011, 06:33 PM
But everything was apparently copacetic, until the money stopped flowing. How convenient. At least many in the RP coalition have been complaining about the system, even during the alleged boom times.

This does not resonate with me, as someone who has been close to left-wing political activists for well over a decade.

The kind of people at the heart of the movement are the type who studied Noam Chomsky and looked toward Ralph Nader in 2000 and 2004. They were complaining about our political, economic and military systems and corruption harder than anybody else, which is why I was once one of them. There was no hope to see any change from the right during this time, which is why I was so glad to see the Ron Paul Revolution in 2008.. not only did the Ron Paul movement understand the problems, but they also understood the solution. This is a very small minority. The left-wing/occupy crowd was also a very small minority. Both of these groups I have great amounts of respect for, as compared to the 90%+ morons who are playing the left-right paradigm that is controlling the system.

dannno
12-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I mean, I feel like you are talking about MSNBC leftists, who exist within the occupy movement, but as someone who has attended a lot of these I can tell you the hardcore activists who stay overnight and are really dedicating themselves, most of these people DO NOT HAVE TELEVISIONS. You can't define them based on watching tv, you have to spend time with them and talk to them to get an idea of what they are about and where they are coming from.. more time than most people here would be willing to spend.

TheDrakeMan
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM

I love Adam Carolla, he's a funny guy, but he seriously misses the mark big time on a few issues. This is one of them. You should listen to him rant about how great our military drone program is, how horrible the Muslim culture is compared to ours and how stupid people are who think that if we ended the war against Muslims that they might actually have less reasons to attack us :rolleyes:

Could you say he is wrong? My favorite muslim countries are the secular ones (i.e. most non-islamic)

dannno
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Could you say he is wrong? My favorite muslim countries are the secular ones (i.e. most non-islamic)

Yes, he is wrong because he uses his opinion on their culture to advocate violence against their society.

There are PLENTY of peaceful Muslim cultures. They don't all treat their women horribly, although many treat them differently.

Muslim culture is not inherently violent. Most of the extremism and violence is a reaction to the puppet governments and occupations placed on them by the west.

AuH20
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
This does not resonate with me, as someone who has been close to left-wing political activists for well over a decade.

The kind of people at the heart of the movement are the type who studied Noam Chomsky and looked toward Ralph Nader in 2000 and 2004. They were complaining about our political, economic and military systems and corruption harder than anybody else, which is why I was once one of them. There was no hope to see any change from the right during this time, which is why I was so glad to see the Ron Paul Revolution in 2008.. not only did the Ron Paul movement understand the problems, but they also understood the solution. This is a very small minority. The left-wing/occupy crowd was also a very small minority. Both of these groups I have great amounts of respect for, as compared to the 90%+ morons who are playing the left-right paradigm that is controlling the system.

Envy is primarily driving this protest sadly, while the original thrust of the principled core have been overshadowed. You can hear it in the rhetoric and see it the signs & behavior. Apparently, if you've haven't been taking notes, all of the 1% should be driven from their homes and stoned in the nearest alleyway. It's almost like many of OWSers have been detached from reality, thanks to their coddled existence. I hate to break it them but life is short, brutish and not fair. Predators abound everywhere, most notably the raptor families at the top of the food-chain. This whole "let's make the government more intrusive and larger to smooth out the inequalities" is incredibly misguided and akin to a mustang asking for a more uncomfortable bridle and a heavier saddle. What we need to do collectively as a society is to completely rid ourselves of the entire saddle as well as the cruel rider!!

Romulus
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I think most of the OWS crowd support 'free' healthcare.. that is how twisted their views are.. I'm sure there might be a minority who does not though.

dannno
12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Envy is primarily driving this protest sadly, while the original thrust of the principled core have been overshadowed. You can hear it in the rhetoric and see it the signs & behavior. Apparently, if you've haven't been taking notes, all of the 1% should be driven from their homes and stoned in the nearest alleyway. It's almost like many of OWSers have been detached from reality, thanks to their coddled existence. Life is short, brutish and not fair. Predators abound everywhere, most notably the raptor families at the top of the food-chain. This whole "let's make the government more intrusive and larger to smooth out the inequalities" is incredibly misguided and akin to a mustang asking for a more uncomfortable bridle and a heavier saddle. What we need to do collectively as a society is to completely rid ourselves of the entire saddle as well as the cruel rider!!

That is the opposite of my experience AT the protests.

Most of these people are actually perfectly happy camping out and eating basic organic vegan food, bread, etc.. They don't WANT nice things, except for perhaps some communications tools, that is something you are projecting onto them.

What they are sick of us the brutality from the police state and the control grid that is setup based on and around our financial system. They hate capitalism because they see it as a tool to control people. They don't define capitalism as being able to use or trade what you produce, they see capitalism as the financial system of control that we have today.

AuH20
12-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I think most of the OWS crowd support 'free' healthcare.. that is how twisted their views are.. I'm sure there might be a minority who does not though.

Free education and free healthcare are apparently a birthright, thanks to the philosophical pig slop they've been force-fed for years.

AuH20
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
That is the opposite of my experience AT the protests.

Most of these people are actually perfectly happy camping out and eating basic organic vegan food, bread, etc.. They don't WANT nice things, except for perhaps some communications tools, that is something you are projecting onto them.

What they are sick of us the brutality from the police state and the control grid that is setup based on and around our financial system. They hate capitalism because they see it as a tool to control people. They don't define capitalism as being able to use or trade what you produce, they see capitalism as the financial system of control that we have today.

Well, your local OWS protest sounds better than the ones that are being conducted on the east coast.

dannno
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Ron Paul provided free health care to poor people, are you against people providing free health care?

The reason a lot of people here don't understand the language they are using is because you don't understand their philosophy. This is something I have to struggle with in debating them, because they are coming from a completely different place. It's like talking past each other.. But ultimately they are against violence. They aren't going to force a doctor to take care of them, they just want to live in a society where people care about each other.

There is a group of a half a dozen occupiers who have been occupying my house for the last week waiting to go on another occupy excursion with my roommate. There is currently several thousand dollars worth of medicinal cannabis in my house that is ripening. It was not hidden, not locked up and could have been stolen at any time. It wasn't. For people to try and tell me that occupiers are disrespectful or entitled because of some dumb fucking report they saw on the fucking news really just makes me sick and momentarily lose hope for our own movement, that you would be trusting the MAINSTREAM MEDIA over real people in our own movement who don't have the political bias.

dannno
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, your local OWS protest sounds better than the ones that are being conducted on the east coast.

I've been to ones up and down the west coast, and I agree, they seem to be a little better than the ones on the east coast, but then again I haven't actually been to the ones on the east coast.. So I would have a pretty twisted view of those based on just watching youtubes and news reports.

dbill27
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Danno you're always defending OWS because we're judging them as a group and blah blah they aren't all like that blah blah. For God Sakes, they call themselves the 99%, they clearly have no problems grouping people together so i think i can honestly say it's been clear for months now that 99% of the 99% are huge d-bags that were raised on captain planet cartoons and think the world owes them a free lunch.

NewRightLibertarian
12-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Yep, free healthcare, more taxes on the 'rich' and more regulations to supposedly protect the environment. But I'm sure Dannno will deny it or say it's somehow virtuous.