PDA

View Full Version : after two years

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-07-2007, 02:24 AM
after two years of dating, my girlfriend told me literally just an hour ago that she feels trapped and needs space, and that she doesn't want to see me for a month, just to see how things go. great. so there's a good chance it's all over between us. she could see i was upset by this news, as i love her dearly.

and then she goes, "well, hey, if ron paul makes it to the final election, i'll vote for him."

and i go, "that actually makes me feel a little better." and then we hugged.

the end.

Roxi
11-07-2007, 02:28 AM
im sorry, my advice is give her space... ALL of it, don't try to attempt to contact her at all, even avoid her if she tries to contact you... for a month.... if she loves you she will miss you if you give her the chance... if she doesn't miss you then you know she wasn't the one for you

Lord Xar
11-07-2007, 02:28 AM
There is always a silver lining.......

blamx8
11-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Sorry man, that hurts,

The happy ending might just be that she is testing your dedication to the things you profess to love and by spending all your time paul-itiking you will secure her devotion for ever. I guess nothing's keeping you from finding out.

RonPaulCult
11-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Sorry man. Seems like women are more likely to end a long relationship than men. There's something in them that makes them think "can I do better - is this it???"

Soooooo stupid.

Anyway as a Ron Paul supporter it's obvious she's dropping a winner.

At least you'll have more time on your hands to help with the campaign eh?

PS - why the final election? Let's get that little heartbreaker registered republican :)

Eric21ND
11-07-2007, 02:44 AM
after two years of dating, my girlfriend told me literally just an hour ago that she feels trapped and needs space, and that she doesn't want to see me for a month, just to see how things go. great. so there's a good chance it's all over between us. she could see i was upset by this news, as i love her dearly.

and then she goes, "well, hey, if ron paul makes it to the final election, i'll vote for him."

the end.
You never know what you had till it's gone. She will learn this, but you need to avoid her. Do not be weak and give into her phone calls or anything for an entire month...absolutely no contact. If you run to her it will only push her away more, let her come back to you. Oh and if I were you I would start dating other girls just for a little insurance policy. This will also show her that she's not "settling" for you and that you're in demand. If it was me I would even let her see me with other girls out having fun. Whatever you do...don't let her see you mooping around the house.

devil21
11-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Im glad you didnt breed with her. "Final Election"? Yikes. Keep your intelligent seed ready for a smarter mate.

EDIT: Sorry to be harsh but it's true.

foofighter20x
11-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Been there, my friend.

And the whole comment about the general election she made almost sounds like it has a sense of finality to it, that she ain't coming back.

It sucks balls, but be happy for the opportunities it gives you!

Edit: And if she doesn't come back, always remember that "living well is the best revenge."

conner_condor
11-07-2007, 03:00 AM

the end.

So did she give you a service pop before she left??:D:D

Shaun
11-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Second Tier...that is such an awesome story. You guys will be fine.....
Thanks for your dedication.

hard@work
11-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Brother, get your search on as soon as you're up to it.

rrcamp
11-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Well, at least now you can donate more time to the cause ;-)

Nah, sorry man. Try to get your scrump on with a strange hottie and you'll feel better...

Andrea
11-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Im glad you didnt breed with her. "Final Election"? Yikes. Keep your intelligent seed ready for a smarter mate.

EDIT: Sorry to be harsh but it's true.

second that.....you will find her in line to VOTE!!!!
(she will have Ron Paul Bumber stickers on her shoes)

aravoth
11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
My girlfriend broke up with and stopped talking to me 3 times, so I married her, now shes stuck with me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jcbraithwaite7
11-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm a woman so I can give an honest female prospective. The best thing you can do is be strong and give her more space than she wanted. Don't get drunk and call her "to talk" or say "I miss you smoopie" or drive by her home or work. Don't call and hang up, don't pimp her friends for information on how she is, if she is dating someone else etc.

Pack up all your pictures, momentos, all the crap she left at your place, cd's she gave you, etc. Put it in a box in the back of your closet and don't even open it.

Women (and men) want what they can't have. You don't have to start a new relationship with someone (it isn't fair to the innocent bystander you select) but go out for drinks with friends, and well... pour all your time canvassing and campaigning for Dr. Paul. You never know who you will meet. If your girl won't even vote in the primary when she knows how important this is then well... you can do better. Two things will happen. She will get the space she needs, date an ass who makes her realize how good she had it and come running back or she will realize that she is happier and move on. You can't make someone stay and the only way to make a woman come back is to make her think you don't care if she does.... I know we are a wacked breed... but that is how most women are wired. Nothing good comes without a challenge. So be a challenge.

seapilot
11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Hang in there Bro! I too had that same speech and did all the wrong things as jcbraithwait7 said not to do. Didnt help any. What helped was jumping on a plane and going to central america to get my mind off it. Best thing you can do is go to the Philly Rally and have a blast or any other Ron Paul Rally! You will meet a lot of cool people and it will be on the path to healing! First stage is denial, sadness then anger then acceptance. It sucks but you will live.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Dry your eyes mate
I know it’s hard to take but her mind has been made up
There’s plenty more fish in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
But you’ve got to walk away now
It’s over

Ncturnal
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but she most likely already has someone else in mind. "Next her" and move on with your life. Plenty of other women out there.

hornet
11-07-2007, 03:47 PM
gonna give it to u straight ....trapped and needs space means she is seeing someone else or about to....like the other guy said, dry ur eyes , its over. don't mean to hurt but u need the reality check now. u will heal and look back at this and laugh, been there!