PDA

View Full Version : The cops almost got me!

krott5333
11-07-2007, 02:07 AM
since yesterday was election day, i was just driving around and grabbing yard signs from public areas where the candidates like to put a whole slew of them, cuz I was planning on painting them white and transforming them into ron paul signs.

Cop rolls up.

"whatchya doin?"

"ummm i had to pull over cuz i had grease on my hand"

"oh.. you okay now?"

"yup, i got a baby wipe!"

:rolleyes:

foofighter20x
11-07-2007, 02:16 AM
good idea... and you are doing the people that put those signs up a favor! :D

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 02:20 AM
oohh... you are pulling old signs....

thats a great idea, free stakes.

Eric21ND
11-07-2007, 02:52 AM
sweet idea. and i would've left you alone too with your dirty baby wipe.

Matt Collins
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL -

Classic.

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 10:05 AM

kylejack
11-07-2007, 10:06 AM
You should have gone with the classic "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, PIG!"

Heh. ;)

Jordan
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Dont Taze Me Bro!

ross11988
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Haha thats a awesome Idea

Mortikhi
11-07-2007, 10:12 AM
You'll never take me alive coppers! see, see!
http://webbsgraphics.com/decals/images/sg3-Toons-G-BUGSY.gif

ladyliberty
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
I work for *name of candidate on sign* and s/he hired me to pick up all of these signs!

Reduce, reuse, and recycle!!!

A little spray paint and you have a whole new batch of Ron Paul Signs! :D Good Job!!!

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
A winning idea....why didn't i think of that... we just had an election, dang.

DaronWestbrooke
11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
since yesterday was election day, i was just driving around and grabbing yard signs from public areas where the candidates like to put a whole slew of them, cuz I was planning on painting them white and transforming them into ron paul signs.

Cop rolls up.

"whatchya doin?"

"ummm i had to pull over cuz i had grease on my hand"

"oh.. you okay now?"

"yup, i got a baby wipe!"

:rolleyes:

Perfect, I hadn't thought of that. Yank all the McCain signs I see around here and paint Paul over them. This way I only have to pay for paint, not new signs.

Noog
11-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Nevermind...

Do the people who plant those signs want them back?

zumajoe
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
you probly coulda just said that you were helping the city by taking them down? haha

klamath
11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Tell them you are part of the beautify the city league and cleaning up the city:D

Matt Collins
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
You should have gone with the classic "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, PIG!"

Heh. ;)

If you can tell the highway patrolman to "kiss your ass" without taking the Marlboro out of your mouth, you might be a redneck :D

thehittgirl
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
oohh... you are pulling old signs....

thats a great idea, free stakes.

LOL I told hubby we need to do that too. I guess we get the "sign police" that
pull ALL signs. I told him, let's do it, we'll get free H stakes. We haven't been out of the area yet, but unfortunately, my sign outside my development was pulled.

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
this is dangerous waters. I know personally that some candidates re-use the signs. They also paid money for them. Some companies that make the signs actually lease them then reuse them for new campaigns. Taking these signs down is outright theft!! just think WWRPD? What would you do if someone in your town was pulling all the signs and pulled your RP signs now??

thehittgirl
11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
this is dangerous waters. I know personally that some candidates re-use the signs. They also paid money for them. Some companies that make the signs actually lease them then reuse them for new campaigns. Taking these signs down is outright theft!! just think WWRPD? What would you do if someone in your town was pulling all the signs and pulled your RP signs now??

I didn't know that they reuse them. Wondered what they do with them. Glad you told me.

vertesc
11-07-2007, 01:29 PM
it's one thing to pick up signs from past elections, repaint them and use them. AFAIK that's ok.

But painting over other candidates' signs is actually ILLEGAL to the best of my knowledge. Counts as defacing property, and it looks bad for Paul.

krott5333
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I work for *name of candidate on sign* and s/he hired me to pick up all of these signs!

Reduce, reuse, and recycle!!!

A little spray paint and you have a whole new batch of Ron Paul Signs! :D Good Job!!!

when painting signs or cardboard white, use a roller.. works much better

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey, what a novel idea! I know exactly where I can find a bunch of old signs.

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Sorta something like this?

http://avengingmanateestudio.us/galleries/series/RPRevolution.jpg

Ginobili
11-08-2007, 08:26 AM

love it >_>

ladyliberty
11-08-2007, 08:29 AM
it's one thing to pick up signs from past elections, repaint them and use them. AFAIK that's ok.

But painting over other candidates' signs is actually ILLEGAL to the best of my knowledge. Counts as defacing property, and it looks bad for Paul.

Just to clarify, I was not advocating using another candidates sign - just those from past elections - those will go into some landfill anyways. You are actually providing a valuable service by ridding the road of this unsightly clutter. I would never condone breaking any laws, or defacing private property or anything of that sort.

I wonder about the yard sale signs and stuff like that that are left up long after the yard sales are over, the "free" house is sold, the weight loss has long since gone - I would assume those are fair game as well. Providing a clean-up service might even produce a side job for somebody that could add to the campaign as well as clean up the roadways.

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Just to clarify, I was not advocating using another candidates sign - just those from past elections - those will go into some landfill anyways. You are actually providing a valuable service by ridding the road of this unsightly clutter. I would never condone breaking any laws, or defacing private property or anything of that sort.

I wonder about the yard sale signs and stuff like that that are left up long after the yard sales are over, the "free" house is sold, the weight loss has long since gone - I would assume those are fair game as well. Providing a clean-up service might even produce a side job for somebody that could add to the campaign as well as clean up the roadways.

Shall I delete the image so others don't get the wrong idea?

Sematary
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Perfect, I hadn't thought of that. Yank all the McCain signs I see around here and paint Paul over them. This way I only have to pay for paint, not new signs.

The only signs I've seen around here are mine - I mean Ron Paul's. :D

Sematary
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM

That's what I was thinking. It's stealing. Not your property - leave it alone.

DaronWestbrooke
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM

Perfect, maybe we should have a unique slogan we can put on their signs. Kind of like, you've been punked. You've been Pauled?

Dan Klaus
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Dont Taze Me Bro!

ROFL....outstanding...needed a good laugh...