PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Getting Calls From the Gingrich Campaign?? I did!

libertygrl
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
It's starting in NY. My mother got two calls within 2 days. She refused to pick up but she's got caller ID. When I checked on received calls, it was from a 404 area code which I believe is from Atlanta. Just getting concerned because supposedly these political campaigns are all focusing on Iowa, NH, etc., and he's already working on NY??

Grr... don't want to see the same thing happen like it did in 2008. The neo-con McCain was surging ahead and all the conservatives here were fawning over him. Their supporters even took all my Paul signs down in front of my local precint and called security saying I was causing trouble! Wish we could have that latest Newt video from the Paul campaign to counter any gains "The Grinch" might make in NY.

trey4sports
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
its more than likely a fundraising call.

Krugerrand
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
The best thing you can do if you have the time is to keep them on the line as long as possible. That will greatly reduce their chances of getting through to somebody who will give them money.

This is what I did when I got a Cain call. I was in complete agreement with all their Tea Party rhetoric and how Mitt Romney was a no good loser.

You want to start off agreeing with their sales pitch. Then act like your interested, but have a couple questions. "Let me get my wallet" and "Is visa okay" are great ways to keep the call going. While you're "looking for your wallet," ask the caller about his monies that he received from F&F, ask about Cap and Trade and ties to bankers. Ask about how your contribution will be used. Tell them how you agree that we can't let Romney win this.

As soon as they realize that you aren't going to give them money, they'll hang up and move on - possibly to somebody who will give them money. Plus, if it's really a volunteer making the call, you can really suck the wind out of their motivational sails.

wgadget
12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Yes, 404 is Atlanta.

Today I got TWO pieces of Herman Cain junk mail...ew.

kylejack
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
How do you know it was Newt, did they leave a message? What was the number?

CaptUSA
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
The best thing you can do if you have the time is to keep them on the line as long as possible. That will greatly reduce their chances of getting through to somebody who will give them money.

This is what I did when I got a Cain call. I was in complete agreement with all their Tea Party rhetoric and how Mitt Romney was a no good loser.

You want to start off agreeing with their sales pitch. Then act like your interested, but have a couple questions. "Let me get my wallet" and "Is visa okay" are great ways to keep the call going. While you're "looking for your wallet," ask the caller about his monies that he received from F&F, ask about Cap and Trade and ties to bankers. Ask about how your contribution will be used. Tell them how you agree that we can't let Romney win this.

As soon as they realize that you aren't going to give them money, they'll hang up and move on - possibly to somebody who will give them money. Plus, if it's really a volunteer making the call, you can really suck the wind out of their motivational sails.You can keep it going even longer... After looking for your card for a while, tell them you can't find it, but if they call you back, you'll donate. Then rinse and repeat. They'll keep you in their database and you'll waste their time every time your name comes up.

libertygrl
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM

I can check the past history of received calls. It said Newt2012 and the phone number was 404-220-7273.

PauliticsPolitics
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I only get calls, email, and snail-mail from Ron Paul.
I guess I am lucky, but I really do wish other people would call me so I could mess with them.
(But I am not quite invested enough in the concept to sign up for other candidate's shizzit... It would probably get old very quickly.)

wgadget
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Yeah, it COULD be from Cain, since he doesn't like to work Iowa or NH...LOL

And he's visiting with his wife now, doncha know.

libertygrl
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
You can keep it going even longer... After looking for your card for a while, tell them you can't find it, but if they call you back, you'll donate. Then rinse and repeat. They'll keep you in their database and you'll waste their time every time your name comes up.

You guys are soooo... bad. lol! I admit it does sound like fun!

Carole
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I got a call from Gingrich campaign yesterday and hung up on them.

Krugerrand
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
You can keep it going even longer... After looking for your card for a while, tell them you can't find it, but if they call you back, you'll donate. Then rinse and repeat. They'll keep you in their database and you'll waste their time every time your name comes up.

To keep it realistic, talk about how you used to be a big Cain supporter, but then as you learned that he was a Federal Reserve banker that believes in the TARP bailouts and he couldn't find Libya on a map, you realized he just wasn't going to cut it.

Then go into how you've narrowed it down to Newt and Ron Paul. Talk about the importance of cutting spending, not getting our troops involved in places like Bosnia and Libya like Clinton and Obama, not being bought and paid for by corporations like the Health Care and Mortgage industries ...

musicmax
12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
How do you know it was Newt? ?

The caller ID was a divorce lawyer.

V3n
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I can check the past history of received calls. It said Newt2012 and the phone number was 404-220-7273.

I Googled that number and there were a ton of Gingrich results.

CaptUSA
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
To keep it realistic, talk about how you used to be a big Cain supporter, but then as you learned that he was a Federal Reserve banker that believes in the TARP bailouts and he couldn't find Libya on a map, you realized he just wasn't going to cut it.

Then go into how you've narrowed it down to Newt and Ron Paul. Talk about the importance of cutting spending, not getting our troops involved in places like Bosnia and Libya like Clinton and Obama, not being bought and paid for by corporations like the Health Care and Mortgage industries ...Just great!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Krugerrand again.

vechorik
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm in MS and received a fundraising call. I told the caller to do her homework on Newt before making more calls. LOL

libertygrl
12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm in MS and received a fundraising call. I told the caller to do her homework on Newt before making more calls. LOL

Great reply!

iamse7en
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I would love to receive a call. I would UNLOAD on the caller. I have so much heat built up with no one to vent with.

braane
12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
The caller ID was a divorce lawyer.

Zing.

VictorB
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I have been getting a ton of them here in Houston. All from NEWT 2012. I haven't picked up as I figured it was just a recording.

Athan
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Question them with the Socratic method!