PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota Republican Party Rules 2008

Eric21ND
11-07-2007, 02:01 AM
NORTH DAKOTA REPUBLICAN PARTY RULES AND MODES

Rule 21 – Presidential Caucus Rules

1. The statewide caucus results will provide for a proportional vote of the National Convention Delegates on the first ballot; i.e., a candidate receiving 40% of the statewide caucus vote would receive 40% of the convention delegate votes on the first ballot. A candidate must receive at least 15% of the total ballots cast to be eligible to receive any of North Dakota’s National Convention Delegates. .If a 2008 Presidential Caucus candidate receives more than two-thirds of the total statewide votes cast during the 2008 North Dakota Presidential Caucus, that candidate receives all of North Dakota’s National Convention Delegates.

2. The 2008 Presidential Caucus will be held for each district on February 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM local time. The polls shall be open for a period of 90 minutes.

3. There will be at least one voting site for each district and there can be as many for a district as needed. The District Executive Committee will be directed to choose the site or sites. These selections of additional sites must be completed by December 31, 2007.

4. Notice of the Presidential Caucus date, time and site shall be given in the same manner as provided for the precinct caucus in Section 16.1-03-01 of the North Dakota Century Code. – Please note you must place an ad in the county newspaper for ever county in your district.

5. The District Chairman of each district shall appoint a District Presidential Caucus Chairman on or before December 1, 2007, and notify the Executive Director of the North Dakota Republican Party of that person’s name, address and phone number, fax number (if applicable) and email (if applicable).

6. The District Presidential Caucus Chair, in consultation with the District Chairman and the District Executive Committee shall appoint a Chairman for each voting site for the district. This appointment must be made by January 15, 2008 and must be reported to the Executive Director of the North Dakota Republican Party.

7. The District Executive Committee shall determine the number and place of the voting sites for the District on or before December 31, 2007.

8. The ballot for the Presidential Caucus shall contain the names of all announced Republican Presidential candidates as of January 1, 2008 as stated by the Republican National Committee and/or the Federal Election Commission.

9. The ballot shall be prepared by Republican State Headquarters and copies provided to each District. Each District shall make as many copies as are needed

NDGOP RULES AND MODES
Rule 21 – Presidential Caucus Rules
Page 2

in the District. Each ballot must be initialed by the Chairman of the Presidential
Caucus Voting Site to be valid and counted.

10. Persons who are eligible to vote in North Dakota and who either voted or affiliated with the Republican Party at the 2006 General Election or intend to vote or affiliate with the Republican Party at the 2008 General Election shall be entitled to vote at the 2008 Presidential Caucus.

11. Each person may vote for only one candidate on the ballot, and any ballot voted for more than one candidate will be void. An elector in a District may vote at any site for the District, but may only cast one vote.

12. Each District shall report their results to Republican State Headquarters by 10:00PM Central Standard Time of the day of the caucus. A District with more than one voting site shall compile their total District vote prior to calling in to Republican State Headquarters.

13. Voting by absentee ballot shall not be allowed.

14. Candidates or their representatives wishing to speak at a caucus shall be allowed an equal amount of time as determined by the Caucus Chairman.

Matt Collins
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
North Dakota has the Internet?!?! People live in North Dakota?!?!

Wow! Ya learn something new every day :p

Badger Paul
11-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Get your people to the caucus sites and you wil win North Dakota. It's that simple.

ratsbew
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Is this an open Primary or do I have to register as an R? If I have to register how/where/when do I do so? Can I do it online?

Spirit of '76
11-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Is this an open Primary or do I have to register as an R? If I have to register how/where/when do I do so? Can I do it online?

Your answer lies somewhere in here:

10. Persons who are eligible to vote in North Dakota and who either voted or affiliated with the Republican Party at the 2006 General Election or intend to vote or affiliate with the Republican Party at the 2008 General Election shall be entitled to vote at the 2008 Presidential Caucus.

I'm not sure what the "affiliated with" stuff is all about. Is that something you can do at the caucus?

Whoa. The polls are only open for 90 minutes.

Eric21ND
12-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Any Ron Paul supporters in ND should contact me and we'll get you where you need to be. We can take this state if we organize!

jimmyjam000
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey, I'm in Grand Forks, going to UND for a few years now, but I'm not a ND resident. Can I still vote here for RP?

Wells
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
as long as you can prove you've been a ND resident for 30 days or longer you'll be able to vote.. this is the only state that doesn't require you to register (hence the Jan 6 'deadline' you may have heard about)

I'll be at the Holiday Inn in GF

Eric21ND
01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey, I'm in Grand Forks, going to UND for a few years now, but I'm not a ND resident. Can I still vote here for RP?

Yeah bring anything that proves you lived here for over a month. Bring an old utility bill and any ID you might have.

Try to bring your friends & family out to vote with you if you can. Promise them beer if you have to ;)

jimmyjam000
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Haha ok. Thanks! I'll be at the holiday inn then for sure.

Wells
01-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Not the Express off of 32nd, either.. the one off of Gateway.