PDA

View Full Version : Just got a response on twitter from Sen J.Cornyn on NDAA provision

libertyjam
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Timeline is from bottom up, flurry of responses to the Senator after his response

jam4liberty James MC
@
US Citizen, US Soil? Presumption of Innocence? @JohnCornyn Al Qaeda? | "Why will you not vote to remove the indefinite detenti... #NDAA?”
1 minute ago
Craig
digitalcraig Craig
@
@JohnCornyn posse comitatus?
1 minute ago
Emily McCann
EmilyAMcCann Emily McCann
@
.@JohnCornyn @jam4liberty Trashing liberty and basic tenets of the Constitution means "Al Qaeda" wins I guess.
2 minutes ago
Kevin Spence
KevinSpence Kevin Spence
@
@JohnCornyn "Al Qaeda?" Really? That statement justifies indefinite detention without charges?
3 minutes ago
rebel rant
rebelrant rebel rant
@
@JohnCornyn @jam4liberty It is unconstitutional to hold someone w/o due process of law.
4 minutes ago
JohnCornyn
JohnCornyn JohnCornyn
Al Qaeda? “@jam4liberty: @JohnCornyn Why will you not vote to remove the indefinite detention of US Citizens by military from the #NDAA?”
8 minutes ago
James MC
jam4liberty James MC
@JohnCornyn Why will you not vote to remove the indefinite detention of US Citizens by military from the #NDAA?

TexAg09
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm young and I don't understand twitter talk..... :(

libertyjam
12-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Its clearer if you go to twitter

undergroundrr
12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Cornyn is awful. Perry with white hair. Don't expect anything better.

Bern
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
What of the text in the OP did Cornyn actually write/say? I sent his office (KBH's too) an email this morning.

libertyjam
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
My question to Sen. Cornyn : Why will you not vote to remove the indefinite detention of US Citizens by military from the #NDAA?

His response: Al Qaeda?

The rest of the responses are to the Senator stemming from his response to me, with a sort of twitter form of cc to me when my id is included.

Bern
12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I sent the following to his office FWIW:
You already voted no on the Udall amendment:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00210

Please don't blow your last opportunity to uphold your oath to the Constitution. Support the Feinstein amendments #1125 and #1126. Do not give the Executive Branch an easy path to a military dictatorship. There is more at stake here than John McCain's hysterical fantasies.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...ting-the-trap/

I am a Republican voter and I am *VERY* concerned.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm young and I don't understand twitter talk..... :(

I'm old and don't understand Twatter talk either.

OP - Can you highlight where Cornyn actually said anything?

Anti Federalist
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
My question to Sen. Cornyn : Why will you not vote to remove the indefinite detention of US Citizens by military from the #NDAA?

His response: Al Qaeda?

The rest of the responses are to the Senator stemming from his response to me, with a sort of twitter form of cc to me when my id is included.

Ignore my last.

So who says you're al - Qaeda?

Oh yeah, the same government that's dragging you off to become an unperson.

kylejack
12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I sent him a reply that just said "Allegedly" but he hasn't replied back. He's trash.

He also submitted an amendment that's up for a vote today that would allow torture of detainees.

ShaneEnochs
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Remember, if you don't lock up us citizens indefinitely, the terrorists win.

VBRonPaulFan
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Remember, if you don't lock up us citizens indefinitely, the terrorists win.

of course! that's how you keep everyone safe! jail every free man, woman, and child and al-qaeda won't be able to get you! oh-rah usa!

Pericles
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
of course! that's how you keep everyone safe! jail every free man, woman, and child and al-qaeda won't be able to get you! oh-rah usa!

It worked so well in East Germany:D

Anti Federalist
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM

They hate us for our freedoms.

Very obvious then: take away all freedom.

Pericles
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
They hate us for our freedoms.

Very obvious then: take away all freedom.

Problem solved

kylejack
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I got a response from Cornyn as well.

@EmilyAMcCann Trashing liberty and basic tenets of the Constitution means "Al Qaeda" wins I guess.
Him: Nope, the point is it is war not just a common crime. Constitution differentiates
Me: Fifth Amendment contains no war exemption.
Him: Miranda warnings for Al Qaeda?
Me: For Americans, sir. If they're Al Qaeda, try and convict, do not indefinitely detain.

Pericles
12-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Do these guys really think a real terrorist is going to be sitting on his ass at Starbucks posting crap on the Internet when DHS comes alone to scoop them up? Combatant means openly carrying arms, and thus has a really small probability of "being detained".

Bern
12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Cornyn hates us for our freedoms.

angelatc
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM
I got a response from Cornyn as well.

@EmilyAMcCann Trashing liberty and basic tenets of the Constitution means "Al Qaeda" wins I guess.
Him: Nope, the point is it is war not just a common crime. Constitution differentiates
Me: Fifth Amendment contains no war exemption.
Him: Miranda warnings for Al Qaeda?
Me: For Americans, sir. If they're Al Qaeda, try and convict, do not indefinitely detain.

Where does the Constitution differentiate?

Maybe they should just go ahead and put all the Muslims in internment camps.

Sigh. I appreciate what you're doing, but let's face it: they don't actually care what we think.