PDA

View Full Version : Politico: Paul ad torches Newt Gingrich

Dianne
12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69472.html

The hardest blow yet against Newt Gingrich comes this afternoon from Ron Paul's campaign, which dropped this lengthy, scathing video documenting Gingrich's ideological deviations and ties to the D.C. influence trade:

Featured in the video: Gingrich's comments about Paul Ryan, Rush Limbaugh's response, the former speaker's climate change video with Nancy Pelosi, extensive reports on Gingrich's ties to health care companies and Freddie Mac.

Oh, and remember that Iowa voter who told Gingrich last spring that he was an "embarrassment to our party"? He's there, too.

Continue Reading

We'll see who, if anyone, actually puts clips like this up on television, but at the very least Paul's well-produced video shows how much damning source material is available.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69472.html#ixzz1fIVlkVaH

smithtg
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
I think this video is not a death blow to Newt. The campaign needs to be persistent and make Newt go on the defensive constantly. Make him acknowledge him this video, and future similar videos. The way Newt has been inflated its more of a David/Goliah analogy and Newt aint going to fall as easy as Cain and Perry. Maybe Frothy will join in and help with his attack dog ax, that would sure help. Romney isnt going to attack, and Perry's attacks have no bite.

vechorik
12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I've seen some supporters leave Newt over this ad -- I've seen more supporters call it "old news" It's a GREAT step though!

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I've seen some supporters leave Newt over this ad -- I've seen more supporters call it "old news" It's a GREAT step though!

if its old news why the hell would they still be supporting newt?

turbobrain9
12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Beleive it or not, some people like the fact that Gingrich is an insider with more liberal tendencies...namely establishment republicans. They can trust that he'll come in and not upset the apple cart. He's probably the establishment's best bet IMO. Romney might actual come in and try to do something to save the economy but Newt is going to have an agenda and it's not in our best interest.

RonPaul101.com
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I like it, but I would have preferred to see a :30 or :60 version; something airable in Iowa and beyond.

V3n
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
if its old news why the hell would they still be supporting newt?

I'm creeping his Facebook page, people supporting him are insane scary. There's a lot of Ron Paul supporters on there (which I think is tacky) but they're mostly just asking - 'look at this ad, why do you still support him?' and they are just dismissed, called trolls, they say Gingrich is the smartest and then they attack Ron Paul (not his issues, of course, just his voice or policy concerning Israel).. a lot of the attacks against Ron Paul are the standards that have debunked for years if they were actually paying attention.

Some of their walls show former support of Cain, and if you go back far enough, Perry.

Edu
12-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm creeping his Facebook page..... Some of their walls show former support of Cain, and if you go back far enough, Perry.You mean media cows? People that are simply herded by the media. You could also call them brainless idiots.

The question is, how many brainless idiots are out there?