PDA

View Full Version : We raised $385K yesterday - our plan worked!

bc2208
11-07-2007, 01:25 AM
The total from yesterday was greater than the amount we raised in two of the weeks in October. I don't remember what the final day of Q3 raised, but I think Nov 6th was the second highest day yet. And this wasn't money from the bomb - it went up consistently all day.

Which means, most likely, the media attention has brought new people to the site, and they have decided to donate. Thus, we were correct to assume that a large sum on one day was better than continuous growth, even if it is a "terrorist" day.

So has this silent bullet finally broken down the door?

wisconsinite
11-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. November 6th was a huge day. I think the money bomb was successful in upping Ron's profile and now there should be more focus on encouraging new people to donate right away instead of waiting for the next bomb so the funds can be used for more early advertising which should help the poll numbers increase and take more ammunition out of the MSM spindoctors.

mport1
11-07-2007, 01:43 AM
The money bomb worth worth millions more than the amount donated.

cjhowe
11-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I don't know too many people that open up their wallets the first day they hear about a candidate. More likely rather is that those who have read about him and agree with him but relegated his longshot status as a waste of money were convinced otherwise from the record breaking day.

mkrfctr
11-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I think a lot of it is reluctant people who agree with a lot of his issues but question his viability to win, and hesitate to donate. The more evidence they get that he can win, the more will step up and donate, in addition to those who may not have ever heard of him, or had to take a closer look to decide as you mention.

Eli
11-07-2007, 01:58 AM
i think we got a lot of rollovers from ron paul supporters who didn't hear about the nov. 5th until it was too late. They probably just donated while it was on their mind. I'm stoked he had a great day. After his big million dollar boost the week of oct. 31st his daily fundraising totals dropped but maintained over 4 times the average since. So i'm certain after this the daily fundraising totals will stay high, not as high as 400k every day but certainly much higher than the normal daily average and maintain until the next big media boost. We only need 81k/day now to reach the 12m mark and is dropping rapidly, so this could be the breaking point in fundraising :)

Plus, more supporters equals more money.

Richandler
11-07-2007, 02:20 AM
I still would like to see 10 million by the end of Novemeber!