PDA

View Full Version : Woman Shot After Jokingly Telling Man She Gave Him AIDS

Rael
12-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Washington, DC — Stop me if you’ve heard this one before….

Guy meets girl. Girl and guy meet for drinks and nookie. Girl tells guy she gave him AIDS. Guy shoots girl in head. Girl says, “Daaamn! Just kiddin’!”

According to authorities, that’s basically what happened between 49-year-old Lloyd Wilkins and his girlfriend on the evening of April 23, 2011. The two had hooked up that evening, and after a few drinks, ended up swapping spit and other bodily fluids. After the lovin’ was over, Wilkins’ girlfriend apparently said something along the lines of, “Oh, snap! You got the AIDS!”

Wilkins responded by walking into his bedroom and retrieving a 12-gauge, single-shot shotgun from his closet. He pointed it in the general direction of the woman’s head. The gun went off, striking the jokester in the brain space. No word on whether he jokingly replied, “Oh, snap! You got the dain bramage!”

Wilkins then called 911 to report that he shot someone. At the same time, the woman called a friend to take her to the hospital. When police arrived on scene, the victim was already on her way to the hospital and Wilkins was waiting for them outside, hands in the air.

“She gave me AIDS,” Wilkins told the officer.

Wilkins said he pointed the gun at the woman, but the gun “just went off.”

The woman survived, but is deaf in her right ear as a result of the shooting and has undergone several surgeries to mend her scalp. According to her medical records, which were presented as evidence in the case against Wilkins, she does not have AIDS. Authorities said she was joking when she told Wilkins that she had infected him.

On Tuesday, Wilkins pleaded guilty to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during a crime of violence and possession of an unregistered firearm. He will be sentenced in February.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2011/11/30/woman-shot-after-jokingly-telling-man-she-gave-him-aids/

jtstellar
12-01-2011, 03:49 AM
at least they will stay home for care on election day

Kludge
12-01-2011, 03:52 AM
I don't understand how he could have had an unregistered firearm when he's legally required to register his guns. The gun control laws should have prevented this.

RickyJ
12-01-2011, 04:11 AM
That is not something to joke about. She is lucky he missed.

LawnWake
12-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Way to give the anti-gun people more fuel, ugh.

John F Kennedy III
12-01-2011, 05:22 AM
That is a perfectly reasonable response to being told that.

Cutlerzzz
12-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Someone tried to shoot her in the head with a shotgun at close range and she only ended up going deaf in one ear?

Worst. Murder. Attempt. Ever.

Depends. What does she look like?

asurfaholic
12-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Someone tried to shoot her in the head with a shotgun at close range and she only ended up going deaf in one ear?

This!! ^^^

AlexAmore
12-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Even if it was joking you still planted that seed and now he's gonna be paranoid all night.

VBRonPaulFan
12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Way to give the anti-gun people more fuel, ugh.

I don't understand how he could have had an unregistered firearm when he's legally required to register his guns. The gun control laws should have prevented this.

:D

UtahApocalypse
12-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Confused. Was this his girlfriend or a "hookup"

Krugerrand
12-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Depends. What does she look like?

I read that as a careless accidental discharge more than an attempted murder.

pcosmar
12-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Not a Handgun.

a 12-gauge, single-shot shotgun

The "joke" was not funny.
Though if he had been actually infected it would have been his fault as well.

fatjohn
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
So aids is still not funny?

South Park is wrong?

Justinfrom1776
12-01-2011, 08:50 AM
At least he has that AIDS rumor going around while he's serving his prison sentence.. I mean, it could be worse.

amy31416
12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
At least he has that AIDS rumor going around while he's serving his prison sentence.. I mean, it could be worse.

So then he'd only get raped by guys who know they have AIDS?

LeJimster
12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
What a horrible joke. I can understand how someone could just lose it after being told that. Not sure how I'd react.

ShaneEnochs
12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
I kind of look at this as self-defense. If she did have AIDS, it would be like her using a biological attack on him.

low preference guy
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM

Agorism
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Dude that's not something to joke about. If you don't disclose that, you can get murder charges in a court of law.

Danke
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Confused. Was this his girlfriend or a "hookup"

Wife. ;)

seraphson
12-01-2011, 10:29 AM

Mah, not really. You reap what you sow. Would you expect anything better from a sloppy old people one night stand? Okay, 49 isn't old-old, but it's getting up there.

aGameOfThrones
12-01-2011, 10:44 AM
A good lawyer can put the blame on the woman if this ever goes to a jury. I mean, her actions set the wheels in motion.

amy31416
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
They must have (had) quite an interesting relationship.

ZanZibar
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds like they were intoxicated

PaulConventionWV
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Sounds like they were intoxicated

or high.

low preference guy
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
you guys have no sense of humor

Nirvikalpa
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Washington, DC — Stop me if you’ve heard this one before….

Guy meets girl. Girl and guy meet for drinks and nookie. Girl tells guy she gave him AIDS. Guy shoots girl in head. Girl says, “Daaamn! Just kiddin’!”

According to authorities, that’s basically what happened between 49-year-old Lloyd Wilkins and his girlfriend on the evening of April 23, 2011. The two had hooked up that evening, and after a few drinks, ended up swapping spit and other bodily fluids. After the lovin’ was over, Wilkins’ girlfriend apparently said something along the lines of, “Oh, snap! You got the AIDS!”

Wat?

Agorism
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I can see some men getting violent over even much less serious stuff.

What if she said, o btw I have herpes. I forgot to mention that.

Xenophage
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I read that as a careless accidental discharge more than an attempted murder.

Last time I had one of those my girlfriend missed her period! *rimshot*

Revolution9
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Mah, not really. You reap what you sow. Would you expect anything better from a sloppy old people one night stand? Okay, 49 isn't old-old, but it's getting up there.

I am 54 and I will kick your ass in a foot race.;)

Rev9

akforme
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I kind of look at this as self-defense. If she did have AIDS, it would be like her using a biological attack on him.

He wasn't defending himself at that point. If he shot her while she was trying to flick blood on him, and he knew she had aids then I could see it but at this point all he can do is legal.

John F Kennedy III
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
So aids is still not funny?

South Park is wrong?

I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive.

ShaneEnochs
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
He wasn't defending himself at that point. If he shot her while she was trying to flick blood on him, and he knew she had aids then I could see it but at this point all he can do is legal.

If someone injects you with a slow acting poison, are you saying you shouldn't try to kill them before you die?

Cutlerzzz
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I once knew of a cat with FIV.

brushfire
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Something doesnt sound right.

Girl: I gave you aids
Guy: walks over to closet, gets shotgun, points at the general vicinity?
Girl: just waits for head to be blown off?

Me thinks this is what really happened:

Girl: I just gave you aids
Guy: WTF you a$$hole!
Girl: I'm just yank'n your crank
Guy: LOL - sheesh.. You had me going there. Well how's this
Guy: <pulls out shotgun>
Guy: say hello to my lil friend
Girl: omg
GUN: BANG!
Guy: WTF? Are you ok?
911: What's your emergency
Guy: Ah ah ah.. I just shot someone. Uhh.. She gave me aids!

I'm thinking absolutely stupid ND, being masked as guy thinking girl was really serious.
Dont point f'n guns at anyone/anything you dont intend to destroy
Dont have your finger on the trigger, unless your ready to shoot
ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

There must be more to the story, but if it was an ND, they should jail his f'n a$$. If she did claim to give him aids, and never said anything after, then maybe. Really though, he should have called 911 before he fetched the firearm - then dipped the ol pecker in some rubbing alcohol for a couple (I have no idea if that works).

akforme
12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
If someone injects you with a slow acting poison, are you saying you shouldn't try to kill them before you die?

That's revenge not defense. There is a difference. Now you could argue the revenge was justified, but it's not defense.

QuickZ06
12-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I keep thinking of this scene over and over in my head b.c of this article. Start at :50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjM5XFiuj4w

CaptainAmerica
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
whats with women being with psychotic men?

Paul Revered
12-01-2011, 04:36 PM
That's not funny. Shouldn't she be charged with terrorism?

dannno
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Howard Stern had a better one many years ago...

Apparently some guy had sex with a hooker and the hooker told him she had HIV, he thought it was still in his penis so he cut it off.

AcousticFoodie
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM

uhhhhh what?

Miss Annie
12-01-2011, 05:14 PM
For a joke? Tell someone you gave them HIV? That just really is NOT funny!

Pericles
12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
So then he'd only get raped by guys who know they have AIDS?

What a comforting thought :)