PDA

View Full Version : Best Date for next Huge Fundraising Bomb - December 6 (end of slavery)

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Dec. 6 1865 - The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, banning slavery. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_6)

Dec. 6 2007 - Ron Paul raises $10 million in one day, crushing all previous records

www.thisdecember6th.com will be the site.

It falls on a good day for press all weekend (Thursday), and celebrate the end of slavery.

It is far enough away from now to raise a huge (even more than nov. 5th) support (and allow people to recharge their $100 engines), and far enough away from Christmas so that people aren't buying many gifts yet, and far enough away from the tail end of December to have yet another money bomb Dec. 26-31st or so.

Dec. 15-16 is on a weekend and won't generate as much.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
OOOO I like thsi - slavery for all mankind!

Thsi is great!

Thom1776
11-07-2007, 01:09 AM
The 13th amendment made us ALL slaves!!

Lord Xar
11-07-2007, 01:12 AM
this is a VERY good idea, with a VERY VERY POSITIVE MEANING!

rinkuhero
11-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I like this one much better than the Pearl Harbor Dec. 16th idea.

Edward
11-07-2007, 01:13 AM
I don't care for it. Sorry.

tanverenzo
11-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Two things:

1. It's very close to the Dec 16 Tea Party Bomb, which already seems to be getting great traction.

2. It equates taxes with the actual slavery of people. Though the two might be born of the same theme of oppression, they are far separate in practice. Putting them on equal footing could be seen as bad taste.

rodent
11-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Dec. 6 1865 - The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, banning slavery. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_6)

Dec. 6 2007 - Ron Paul raises $10 million in one day, crushing all previous records

www.thisdecember6th.com will be the site.

It falls on a good day for press all weekend (Thursday), and we can tie it in with economic slavery of the tax system.

It is far enough away from now to raise a huge (even more than nov. 5th) support (and allow people to recharge their $100 engines), and far enough away from Christmas so that people aren't buying many gifts yet, and far enough away from the tail end of December to have yet another money bomb Dec. 26-31st or so.

Our NYC team is in support of this date.

I respect you Avery, but this is a very, very bad idea.

You might anger black voters. They might think that economic taxation is not on the same level as their black-slavery misery, and this could fire back tremendously. Combine this with the fact that white supremacists are affiliated with this campaign, the media will spin it into white people being completely insensitive.

I say stick with the Tea Party. The tea-party is innocent, and everyone has heard of it.

ppc1040
11-07-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure that is the best rhetoric to be using. Jumping off with the Boston Tea Party connection gives very little fodder to opponents.

But equating taxation to slavery, while a valid philosophical connection in my mind, just doesn't engender the same warm fuzzies in everyone as it may for libertarian-leaning folks.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 01:16 AM
I think it will get teh attention of blacks and for all RP fans b/c we are in a sense slaves with income tax, property tax...inflation tax! We are not being represented anymore by Democrayts or Reps....its all so corrupt. End of slavery its more all encompassing than just the slavery for blcks..I like it! Any black folks out there wanna weigh in on this? I know this can sometimes be a sensitive issue! Ideas?

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 01:16 AM
We tie it in to the message of freedom.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure that is the best rhetoric to be using. Jumping off with the Boston Tea Party connection gives very little fodder to opponents.

But equating taxation to slavery, while a valid philosophical connection in my mind, just doesn't engender the same warm fuzzies in everyone as it may for libertarian-leaning folks.

Hmm tru Boston Tea is safer! I like them both - when is teh date for the BT party? We also need to leave enuff time to make it as successful as last...and also soon enough to get coverage for Iowa etc...

wisconsinite
11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I also say it's better to stick with Dec. 16th the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party for all the reasons that rodent gave.

rodent
We tie it in to the message of freedom.

Freedom also means letting the KKK march through town. Some things are just not politically viable, even if the freedom itself is virtuous.

Perry
No. Too many side issues. They'll be bringing up Pauls stance on the civil war and others issues. Trust me. We might make money but this would be a setup for the media.
Stick to Dec 16th it's much better and has no bad angles.

aknappjr

You might anger black voters. They might think that economic taxation is not on the same level as their black-slavery misery, and this could fire back tremendously. Combine this with the fact that white supremacists are affiliated with this campaign, the media will spin it into white people being completely insensitive.

I say stick with the Tea Party. The tea-party is innocent, and everyone has heard of it.

Good point. Its not about economic taxation. Its about freedom. I edited the post.

tanverenzo
we are in a sense slaves with income tax

We, in a sense, might be. But other people, in practice, were. Do we really need to solicit thoughts from Black people to see if this is okay? This seems plainly offensive.

Thom1776
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
The 13th amendment made us ALL slaves!!

The 14th Amendment made us all slaves.

moonbat
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Good idea but I don't even want to think about the possible blowback. To risky I think.

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 01:22 AM
The board has already decided on Boston Tea Party day. Stop with the countless money bombs. They become meaningless, and might even hurt the already existing ones.

rodent
11-07-2007, 01:22 AM
We, in a sense, might be. But other people, in practice, were. Do we really need to solicit thoughts from Black people to see if this is okay? This seems plainly offensive.

Yeah, and even if you did talk to a sample of some black people, it would only take one Al Sharpton to turn this into a circus.

"Nappy Headed Hos" comes to mind. It's a totally innocent comment within the context of hip-hop culture, but it's loaded and has historical meaning that I bet Imus just did not grasp. The same goes for this fund-raising idea.

mtbaird5687
11-07-2007, 01:24 AM
I'd say focus on the tea party money bomb. One day with HUGE results is better than a few scattered good days. It just seems like some people are searching for attention, trying to create a successful money bomb and all.

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Fair enough points.

Dec. 15-16, I'm afraid, has a few downsides (all days do, of course):
1. its on a weekend
2. its right before Christmas, when people are strapped for cash
3. its a bit too far away from now.
4. its too late for an after-Christmas bomb.

Just my thoughts.

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I'd say focus on the tea party money bomb. One day with HUGE results is better than a few scattered good days. It just seems like some people are searching for attention, trying to create a successful money bomb and all.

Not sure about the attention, but are trying to create the most successful moneybomb possible.

James R
11-07-2007, 01:31 AM
I'd prefer the next day is Dec 16, because many of us need many more paychecks for the next big donation!

AFTFNJ
11-07-2007, 01:36 AM
GREAT IDEA AVERY LETS DO THIS! Great way to attract new supporters!

max
11-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Stick with Boston Tea Party. It's a perfect theme and it's already a done deal.

This sounds as if we're pandering for the black vote.

Slavery in the plantation sense is no longer with us....but opressive taxation (far worse than King George's) is a relevant issue. People wont quite grasp the slavery theme...but the Boston theme is absolutely perfect.....

Shaun
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Guys,
Let's not overthink this, DEC 16TH is the day, it's already out there...my job is CEO of an entertainment company and I'm a marketing CEO, let's get some baics in place here..
1) What is the target we want to hit? Answer; $10,000,000 in a SINGLE day.
2) How can we accomplish this with the least amount of risk and the maximum (98%+) possiblity of it working? Answer; HIRE the guys with the track record (Trevor and team) and LEAVE in place as many factors of success as you had last time....as an example, DON'T MESS WITH THE DONATION AMOUNT, LEAVE IT AT $100. It worked, perfectly, don't change, it's not important, neither is the domain.
3) So, what is important? Answer; a) Let Trevor set the policy, you all back him up, we don't have ANY margin of error here, if you guys get Ron his Ten Million, you get him the nomination. Think about that for a minute...let's pretend for a minute that we are all bankers and that we hate risk...b) Launch the site in the next week...c) Start getting $100 pledges and let everyone know that THIS DEC 16TH, (I like that domain by the way..) Ron will raise $10m, that it's a mathmatical certain event, IF everyone keeps to their pledge. Let the people who want to donate more donate more no problem....d) Let it start building...e) All you EGO's out there, drop it or drop out, do you want to be right or do you want to win?
Get it going guys...history is waiting for you.
By the way my company is www.Battlefieldsports.com or our latest venue in Florida at www.hardknocksorlando.com 241 venues, in 27 countries with 2,000,000 players so we are not without some experience in the business or marketing arena...
$10M is a certain event if there is a 30 day build. Also, we have done some analysis here in Hollywood today and we estimate RP will raise $24-27 million dollars by end of Q4. Likely more than Hillary. The massive knock on effect after you boys raise the $10,000,000 on Dec 16th will bring in another $5,000,000 in the last two weeks and you will already be at a minimum of $10,000,000 at the end of November. Ron is not just in the top tier he will also be the number one money man. In US politics it's all the money honey. Go get it....

Johncjackson
11-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Maybe I missed whatever was edited. I think it's a good idea, I think.

How in the hell is celebrating the end of slavery a "bad" thing?

And how would it be pandering to black voters? Oh thats right, of course only black people think slavery is wrong or a big deal...

Oh, the outrage. "Ron Paul used the end of slavery to raise money. he must be a racist!" Does that make any sense.

I would NOT equate slavery to taxation. Yet thats what people here are ( wrongly) doing as it is, any way. I'm against the individual income tax more than anyone but tax is a lot more voluntary than slavery was and the Underground tax railroad is a much safer ride.

W Gary Johnson
11-07-2007, 06:58 AM
This is a great idea. Put me down for Dec. 6!

Sematary
11-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Umm - Boston Tea Party

qwerty
11-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Stop Splitting Up, We Must Focus On One Day To Make History And That Day Is Dec 16th.

We Must Do What`s Best For The Campaign!

Joey Wahoo
11-07-2007, 07:04 AM
I strongly agree that we should stick with the Boston Tea Party date. Choosing to connect a fundraiser to the anniversary of ratification of the 13th Amendment just screams for more media attention to the alleged racist comments in the newsletter.

We already have a date in December. Why now crank up yet another one?

qwerty
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I strongly agree that we should stick with the Boston Tea Party date. Choosing to connect a fundraiser to the anniversary of ratification of the 13th Amendment just screams for more media attention to the alleged racist comments in the newsletter.

Suddenly, everyone tries to push their own ideas.....maybe to get their name mentioned on CNN...

We need to stick to together with the DEC 16TH and most of us will thatīs for sure, cause we want to get Ron elected!

Sematary
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Not that I think it's a bad idea but I think the Boston Tea Party anniversary is better - has more relevant connotations AND gives us more time. Those 10 days could be the difference between a good money bomb and a GREAT money bomb.

TruckinMike
11-07-2007, 07:11 AM
"My" idea was the best....

We should stay with it. Its the Boston Tea Party Bomb on Dec. 16th 2007. be there or be square.

TruckinMike

Shaun
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Agreed with Trucking Mike..we are already pushing Dec 16th in Hollywood. A lot of people donated from this town on the 5th, people are pumped about Dec 16th Tea Party. It's a GO, GO, GO..

Jordan
11-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Dec16th Tea Party already has a footing and will be led by the same person as ThisNovember5th.

The key to these moneybombs is being organized. We need to have just one date and one promotion.

werdd
11-07-2007, 07:59 AM
tea party date is much better, there is something magical about the boston tea party, its a great american date that EVERYONE respects.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 08:02 AM

Very insightful!!! I completely agree.

Not a good idea at all!!!

That project should be abandoned altogether. African Americans are very sensitive about their history. I can only imagine them saying this exploits the history of slavery for money in the name of a presidential candidate. BAD BAD move.

Don't do it!!!

Patriot
11-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Are we having another money bomb on 11/11 (Veterans Day)?

Dlynne
11-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Are we having another money bomb on 11/11 (Veterans Day)?

I have the same question.

LBT
11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
People don't generally recognize an End of Slavery Day.

Also, it tends to link the campaign with Lincoln's civil war, a man and an event that is held in very low regard by Austrian historians.

For those who know little about it, (try reading some of the works by Mises Institute Scholar Thomas Dilorenzo), slavery was a small issue in the civil war, used mainly as a sly political ploy in a war that was basically about the centralization of power in Washington. Lincoln was no hero. He imprisoned journalists among many other unconstitutional acts. He allowed slavery in the northern states while banning it in the enemy southern states as a means of destabalization. 99% of what has been taught about Lincoln is rubbish.

robert4rp08
11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Did you know that the abolishment of slavery was not the original 13th amendment? The original 13th amendment would prohibit those with titles of nobility from holding a government position. So? Members of the BAR (British Accreditation Regency, acronym debated) association get the title Esquire, hence lawyers should not be politicians...

Titles of Nobility Amendment
"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall, without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

There's debate over whether it was properly ratified or not. I haven't done much research on it yet and don't know the finer details, but several sites list December 9, 1812 as the date that it was ratified.

"December 9, 1812: New Hampshire ratifies the 13th Amendment, the 13th of the 13 states required." - http://www.constitutionalconcepts.org/13thamendment.htm

Learn more:
http://www.amendment-13.org/
http://www.uhuh.com/constitution/am13-pen.htm
http://www.apfn.org/APFN/13th.htm
http://www.w3f.com/patriots/13/13th-01.html
http://www.constitutionalconcepts.org/13thamendment.htm
http://www.civil-liberties.com/13/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titles_of_Nobility_Amendment

P.S. In the War of 1812, Washington D.C. was attacked. Much of D.C. was burned including the White House and Capitol; records were destroyed.... see where I'm going with this?

J4ck
11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Please don't touch that subject guys, this will be used against us by the liberals.
Veterans day and the Teaparty bomb are good enough.

werdd
11-07-2007, 08:30 AM
lets stick to the teaparty date just like we stuck to november 5th.

austin356
11-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Can't have my support; While it was the right thing to do, it was done through gunpoint against a free and independent nation. If southerns had willfully accepted its demise it would be the biggest day of celebration every year (after the 4th of course).

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't think we should do a Money Bomb on December 6th. Associating a Fund Raiser for a Presidential Candidate with Slavery, may have negative connotations on our base. The 5th was already risky enough with Guy Fawkes. Doing this by claiming that we are slaves will really make us look loony.

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Two things:

1. It's very close to the Dec 16 Tea Party Bomb, which already seems to be getting great traction.

2. It equates taxes with the actual slavery of people. Though the two might be born of the same theme of oppression, they are far separate in practice. Putting them on equal footing could be seen as bad taste.

i agree with this. let's stick with the boston tea party.

robert4rp08
11-07-2007, 09:05 AM
How about November 22? The assassination of JFK. Why? Executive Order 11110:
AMENDMENT OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 10289
AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE PERFORMANCE OF
CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AFFECTING THE DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY

By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 301 of title 3 of the United States Code, it is ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Executive Order No. 10289 of September 19, 1951, as amended, is hereby further amended --

(a) By adding at the end of paragraph 1 thereof the following subparagraph (j):

"(j) The authority vested in the President by paragraph (b) of section 43 of the Act of May 12, 1933, as amended (31 U.S.C. 821 (b)), to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of any outstanding silver certificates, to prescribe the denominations of such silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption," and

(b) By revoking subparagraphs (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 thereof.

SEC. 2. The amendment made by this Order shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the date of this Order but all such liabilities shall continue and may be enforced as if said amendments had not been made. [entire text here: http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy31.htm]

"President Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority:
"to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or
standard silver dollars in the Treasury."
This means that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the
government could introduce new money into circulation based on the silver
bullion physically held there. As a result, more than $4 billion in United
States Notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations. $10
and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by
the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated. " - http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy31.htm

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 09:08 AM
How about November 22? The assassination of JFK. Why? Executive Order 11110:
AMENDMENT OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 10289
AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE PERFORMANCE OF
CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AFFECTING THE DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY

By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 301 of title 3 of the United States Code, it is ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Executive Order No. 10289 of September 19, 1951, as amended, is hereby further amended --

(a) By adding at the end of paragraph 1 thereof the following subparagraph (j):

"(j) The authority vested in the President by paragraph (b) of section 43 of the Act of May 12, 1933, as amended (31 U.S.C. 821 (b)), to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of any outstanding silver certificates, to prescribe the denominations of such silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption," and

(b) By revoking subparagraphs (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 thereof.

SEC. 2. The amendment made by this Order shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the date of this Order but all such liabilities shall continue and may be enforced as if said amendments had not been made. [entire text here: http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy31.htm]

"President Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority:
"to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or
standard silver dollars in the Treasury."
This means that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the
government could introduce new money into circulation based on the silver
bullion physically held there. As a result, more than $4 billion in United
States Notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations. $10
and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by
the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated. " - http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy31.htm

December 16th...

:)

Korey Kaczynski
11-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Let's do the 16th instead.

bmcosti
11-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Avery-

I like the idea but I like the Boston Tea Party idea better. Here's why.

What did Ron Paul have to do with the ending of human Slavery...nothing. I see the attachment from 100% slavery/bondage to 50% slavery through taxation, but the common man and woman might not see the connection.

What does Ron Paul have to do with reducing/ending taxation...everything. Every understands that the Boston Tea Party was anti establishment tax revolt. Ron Paul is the anti-estlishment end the IRS and replace it with nothing. It rings much truer to me. The Boston Tea party idea would be much more genuine in regards to Ron Paul's.

The Boston Tea Party for me!

What I do like about the Dec 6th is that its my birthday, and St. Nicholas Day. Maybe if you want to do a St. Nicholas Day bomb as an early Christmas gift to Ron Paul....

robert4rp08
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
December 16th is great. I thought we were planning for one in addition to the Nov11 and Dec16 money bombs.

Something should definitely be planned in between those two. Five weeks seems a bit long between bombs.

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
It's gonna be December 16th; please stop the new suggestions and let's focus together.

Mortikhi
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
You so need to check your dates there brother.

damijin
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Gotta side with the patriot of patriots, Truckin' Mike.

This has good intentions, but is just a little too far removed from Ron Paul's particular freedom message. Slavery was an awful time in our nation's history, and while it is important to remember how far we've come in terms of individual's rights -- a money bomb for a presidential campaign is not the way to do that.

Stick with the Boston Tea Party. It represents the frustration that our forefathers had with the oppressive taxes of unaccountable rulers -- exactly as we do today.

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Everybody who agrees we should stop throwing in alternative dates, please help centralizing our effort on 16th December by voting in this poll:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33421

Kelly O
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I think the end of slavery idea is a good one but I agree with most people here that we should stick together and donate on Dec 16th. The only reason I can see to donate on the anniversary of the end of slavery is because it is on a Thursday.

But, it seems like the 12/16 effort is farther along than this one and, by focusing our attention on that one, we can raise more money in one day - giving Ron Paul a better chance of attracting massive media coverage.

Has anyone been in touch with the 12/16 organizers? Maybe we can work together with them.

On a side note, I don't think that donating on the anniversary of Slavery's end is offensive to black people. If anything, it should embrace black people because slavery was, in my opinion, the biggest crime that our government has ever committed. But, yes, the Boston Tea party is more innocent and everyone can relate to it. I'd be very interested to hear the opinion of an African American (a non-Ron Paul supporting African American).

Whatever happens, I'll support it :)

mconder
11-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Please just stick with Teaparty07 idea. We don't need more money bombs than that.

Rivington Essex
11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
i LOVE IT

amakris
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry, Avery. I'd really advise against it for many of the reasons given above. Boston Tea Party is a much better idea.

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Ugh....here we go hearding cats again ;) Please, please, please stick with one date. It's the only way to make this go viral and make the impact that is desired. Doesn't every one remember as far back as yesterday? Look at all the press that was given. Imagine that multiplied when we blow the record out of the water. We can all contribute and feel proud that we made history. Make a clever youtube about the 16th, get more than anyone else to sign up etc.... We just need to get busy on the ONE date...December 16th.

My 2 cents (value declining daily)

Rivington Essex
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Are there any downsides to Dec 16th.

Can we research the day and see if they are going to exploit it in a bad way.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Are there any downsides to Dec 16th.

Can we research the day and see if they are going to exploit it in a bad way.

Definitely not.

It is pretty historic day in the founding of our republic.

;)

Wheelhouse
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey Avery-
I think you're terrific, but that's a lethal idea--you can bet your last dime Rupert Murdoch's bunch will have a long interview of an African American near tears on the TV over the insensitivity of such a move. They tried to characterize Dr. Paul as violent because of the Guy Fawkes reference, but that couldn't hold water: Guy Fawkes is characterized as a hero in Britain--they celebrate Guy Fawkes Day. And Guy Fawkes is a hot-button issue for no one. Slavery is. It would be handing the opposition the button to blow up the campaign. It didn't take much to get rid of Howard Dean--just a miscalibrated amplifier and a day of broadcasting that clip.
Hope you're well and keep brainstorming! (I like the Tea Party idea!)

klamath
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I have to go with Dec 16th. It is the whole founding fathers, constitution theme that is important. Rallies on the bill of rights day, money bomb on the boston tea party day.

Perry
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Bad idea. Let's not split the troops. Too many negative connotations to this date. Stick to Dec16th.

jake
11-07-2007, 10:24 AM
I vote for the 16th.

skupe
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Why don't you tie it in to all forms of slavery:

the Holocaust (which will happen again to the world if we don't get out of Codex, the trilateral with Mexico and Canada and we need Ron Paul to do that)
black slavery
the Boston Tea Party
the Salem witch hunts (not a form of slavery but if you think about it, these women weren't believed and were burned at the stake by what they believed in)
Gay/Lesbian rights

Robert703
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm a black Ron Paul supporter, so here are my thoughts on the issue:

1) Another poster wondered if there was a Money Bomb on 11/11. There is: http://www.thisnovember11th.com/

2) If the goal is simply to raise money, the number of Money Bombs is irrelevant. But if the goal is to make headlines, you are disturbing things by having so many. People who have the money to give will give whenever. But people who want to SAVE in order to make headlines need a single date to focus on. For this reason only, I put my vote in for the 16th, although I think even that is too soon. Also, the 6th is too close to Pearl Harbor Day (the 7th). I vehemently say "no" to a Christmas/New Year's Money Bomb. It won't work.

3) November 5th, despite association with a questionable event, had over a month (maybe 2 or 3) of preparation, and the word got out well. You need time to prepare the next one, and it should definitely come after the holidays. While headlines were made by raising $4.2 million, everyone quickly realized that 2 Democrats had raised more than that. We needed $10 million to shatter all records, and we did not do that. You need to give people time to prepare and save. Change the amount, if you like--$200 or even $300 is fine if you give people 3 months to prepare--remember the goal is to make headlines.

4) More important than making headlines is raising actual money, or using the money for effective ads. We can do both of these by bringing in celebrities and high-dollar contributors and forming PACs for the purpose of bundling. My group has this as its goal: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1094

5) Commemorating the end of slavery is a good idea (actually better in my mind than the Boston Tea Party), and is not offensive to me as an African American. However, most blacks don't mark December 6 as an important day, anyway. You would get much more mileage out of commemorating Juneteenth (June 19) even though that has only caught on recently. However, that is very close to Independence Day, so it will be strategically better to plan a Money Bomb for July 4th.

Again, the key is simplicity and coordination. Keep the number of Money Bombs down so that the amounts will be higher, and we can make headlines. One thing I think is really important is for the guy who coordinated November 5th to actually meet Ron Paul. It was embarrasing to hear Ron Paul say he had never met the person who coordinated his biggest contribution.

Again, my vote goes for the 16th. It looks like most people arleady agree, even if for different reasons. That's what democracy is all about.

--Robert703

I think the end of slavery idea is a good one but I agree with most people here that we should stick together and donate on Dec 16th. The only reason I can see to donate on the anniversary of the end of slavery is because it is on a Thursday.

But, it seems like the 12/16 effort is farther along than this one and, by focusing our attention on that one, we can raise more money in one day - giving Ron Paul a better chance of attracting massive media coverage.

Has anyone been in touch with the 12/16 organizers? Maybe we can work together with them.

On a side note, I don't think that donating on the anniversary of Slavery's end is offensive to black people. If anything, it should embrace black people because slavery was, in my opinion, the biggest crime that our government has ever committed. But, yes, the Boston Tea party is more innocent and everyone can relate to it. I'd be very interested to hear the opinion of an African American (a non-Ron Paul supporting African American).

Whatever happens, I'll support it :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
It was embarrasing to hear Ron Paul say he had never met the person who coordinated his biggest contribution.

No, I think that's one of the most wonderful things to ever happen in political campaigning history. The anonymous open-source movement is transcending into real life.

I say let Trevor lie low. :) It wasn't by far Trevor that did this. All of us did. Anyone could have made that webpage. It was Trevor that made the website, others that started efforts to send out 70,000 messages to people on MySpace (Brian J. Wade, anyone?), or efforts to send out thousands of messages on Facebook (yours truly), or made YouTube videos that promoted it, or went out and physically told people they know, and everyone who donated. There is no one person behind this. The idea wasn't even Trevor's. If he hadn't stepped up, someone else would. Obviously, some people like Trevor did a lot more than others, but this was not one man, or one group; this was the United States.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Stop Splitting Up, We Must Focus On One Day To Make History And That Day Is Dec 16th.

We Must Do What`s Best For The Campaign!

QFT

Ron Paul Fan
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree with TechnoRob and disagree with Robert. It wasn't embarassing for Ron Paul to say he hadn't met Trevor because this was entirely a grassroots organization on November 5th. As he said, the campaign is not running the internet, the internet is running the campaign. Nothing wrong with that. It just shows there's enthusiasm and people actually want to take action in politics, something that is really lacking in America today as many of us have already encountered.

And I also like Dec. 16th better because the symbolism of the day is so powerful. It all ties together with Ron Paul's anti oppressive government message. The colonists protested on that day against the Stamp Act and we protest on that day with $5 million plus against the Iraq war and the encroachment on civil liberties. It's perfect.

seapilot
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree Dec. 6th is a good idea, but Dec. 16th is much much better to get everyone focused on one BIG day to save up for, free media makes it that much more valuable. BOSTON TEA PARTY will likely double NOV 5. Concentrate on that one we will go farther. Its already gaining traction.

ProLifeNYC
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Totally down with December 6th as the next Ron Paul money bomb!!!!

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Aren't we having too many of these things?

Pete Kay
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Please stop trying to add more days on. The consensus has been on making December 16th the date of the next moneybomb. This was decided on even before the 5th dropped. We need ONE day, not two of three. It's the only way we can break records and make headlines. Stay focused here people.

Funkenstein
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm going to do the 16th of December. I may also throw some tea into a cup of water. Maybe with some lemon.

sirachman
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
December 16th! I for one have allready been promoting that date for 2 days.. Even if your idea was better we cant confuse people. Ron Paul is majorly against over taxation and Dec 16th is the ULTIMATE CELEBRATION of the citizens dislike and protest against unfair taxation!

www.TeaParty07.com
or whatever site you wish it all gets the message out there ;)

Zydeco
11-07-2007, 02:11 PM
You so need to check your dates there brother.

I crack up whenever I see your avatar

MO4RonPaul
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Let's keep it together on one day...Dec 16th!!! The Tea Party screams R[evol]ution!

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
aknapp, I like where you head is at but think we'd probably be better off with the Boston Tea Party. Hope to see some more grassroots ideas from you in the future

Erazmus
11-07-2007, 02:36 PM
December 16th for me. It is also near the end of the 4th quarter, so lots of people will wait for that bomb.

gworrel
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
This comment may be a little late to the party but I think it is a mistake to only focus on one day more than a month from now. Here are the reasons:

The objective should be to raise as much money for the campaign as possible as soon as possible. While having one day with plenty of time to build up may be the best way to set a record, it may not be the best way to raise the most money overall. Having another huge day may not get as much media coverage as the first.

Some of the most successful retail stores are constantly running sales. That is because there are always new people in the market for their items. One marketing guru has said not to worry about boring people with your message but to think of it as marketing to a parade of people. There is always a new group of people going by in the parade.

New people are learning of Ron Paul every day. The sooner they have an opportunity to take part in a money bomb the sooner they are likely to contribute. The sooner they start donating the more they are likely to donate overall. Every week there are new people ready to contribute to Ron Paul who just need another slight nudge to do so.

So there should be a money bomb every week or so. Not everyone will be able to contribute every week but some will and new people will be eager to jump on the bandwagon. $100 is a lot of money for some people but not for all so the idea that everyone needs a month to save is not necessarily true. I am sure there are some who hesitated and didn't contribute on November 5th who now regret not being part of it and now are ripe for another big day.

Waiting until Dec 15/16th is missing a huge potential between now and then. There should definitely be one then but it should not be the NEXT one or the only one.

I would love to see the Campaign hit 20 million plus for the quarter. The key is marketing each big day as if it were the only day. Then starting over again for the next big day not too far away. November 5th made it clear that a long buildup is not necessary. Thanks.

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
End this thread that I started. Ron Paul Grassroots has spoken!

Dec. 16 for me too!

Ron Paul delivering the rebirth of the American Republic.

BTW, we won the New York straw poll: (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-in-new-york/): http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-in-new-york/

briatx
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I think we've proven the momentum so far, which is where you want to show constant growth in donations. But as far as making the media notice, concentrating on one day is better than 2 or 4. For the simple reason that 4 million in 24 hours is more remarkable than 2 million in 48.

The tea party idea is brilliant. I'd give if I hadn't already maxed out at the end of Q3.

Bryan Tracy
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Lincoln brought real meaning to the words:

"all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights"

So too will Ron Paul put meaning back into the words of our Constitution and our laws.

No longer will we have to wonder what the meaning of the word "is" is.
No longer will we have to wonder what the meaning of the word "torture" is.
No longer will we have to wonder about the meaning of the words "Congress shall have the power to declare war".

Let us restore our Democracy.
Let us restore our Republic and the rule of law.
Let us restore the party of Lincoln who respected the constitution even in a time of war.

$10 Million for Dr. Ron Paul on December 6th, 2007 -- LET'S DO IT ! ! !

Go Ron!!!
-Bryan

thehyperaspist
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Avery, I love you're work man, but I gotta disagree.

Same points everyone else has.

Marginalises slavery issue. To use it as a part of any platform seems shallow

I really, really dig the Dec 15/16th idea. Bill of Rights as well as Boston Tea party. You get your patriotism past and present.

Bryan Tracy
11-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Abraham Lincoln brought real meaning to the words:

"all men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights"

So too will Ron Paul put meaning back into the words of our Constitution and our laws.

No longer will we have to wonder what the meaning of the word "is" is.
No longer will we have to wonder what the meaning of the word "torture" is.
No longer will we have to wonder about the meaning of the words "Congress shall have the power to declare war".

Let us restore our Democracy.
Let us restore our Republic and the rule of law.
Let us restore the party of Lincoln who respected the constitution even in a time of war.

$10 Million for Dr. Ron Paul on December 6th, 2007 -- LET'S DO IT ! ! !

Go Ron!!!
-Bryan

aknappjr
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
End and ignore this thread that I started. Ron Paul Grassroots has spoken!

Dec. 16 for me too!

Ron Paul delivering the rebirth of the American Republic.

BTW, we won the New York straw poll: : http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...l-in-new-york/

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Boston Tea Party I say.

NOT THIS

constituent
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
might have been said already, i'm not reading ten pages but....

the tea party is money.

RedRider
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
We need another tea party in this nation :)

westmich4paul
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Dec 16, I'll toss all my b-day money into the Ron Paul donation harbor for this!

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 07:03 PM
End this thread that I started. Ron Paul Grassroots has spoken!

Dec. 16 for me too!

:)