PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to the Officer who let me go tonight, RONPAUL2008

Billy Baro7
11-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Just want to say thank you to the officer who let me go tonight for speeding!

Quick story..........
I was driving with my wife and little girl in Joliet this evening when I was pulled over. I wasn't paying attention to my speed, I was to busy talking when I should have been paying attention to my speed. Anyways I was pulled over and the officer came up to the car and asking the normal questions. He came back and yelled out my name. "Mr. Billy" I said yes officer he said "I want to give you a ticket for speed but my partner is a big Ron Paul fan and noticed your car decked out with a Ron Paul Window sticker and magnet." "So he said I should let you go." I was like thank you and stuck out my hand to thank him! He said "Don't thank me thank my partner" "I was going to give you a ticket" So I shook his hand and said "Thank You" He smiled and said "Ron Paul 2008":D

So I just want to say thank you again if you read this!!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!!

Billy

Ron Paul 2008

slantedview
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Go Ron Paul! :)

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Wonderful story!!!! See not all policemen are bad.

hard@work
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
:D !!!!!

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
totally rad, dude.

Austin
11-07-2007, 12:29 AM
You're welcome!

kidding

American
11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I went to court yesterday for a speeding ticket I was fighting and I gave the Judge a RP slim jim with my paperwork....reduced my fine by 3/4 but still guilty....seriously. The slim jims go out with everything I touch and everyone I see.

Oh well, maybe next ticket....:D

bbachtung
11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
The rEVOLution she is a-spreading.

Birdlady
11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
See look at what Ron Paul can do for us. He saved you a few hundred bucks and saved you from your insurance rates going up. ;)

Awesome story! haha

davidhperry
11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
I got pulled over for speeding when I was driving home from the Nashville rally and they guy gave me a warning as well. The moral of the story - put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. :)

Billy Baro7
11-07-2007, 12:36 AM
See look at what Ron Paul can do for us. He saved you a few hundred bucks and saved you from your insurance rates going up. ;)

Awesome story! haha

Yeah you see I knew when I donated yesterday it would come back to me some way! I forgot about that!!! Can't wait till the next Money Bomb!!!!

American I have over 500 slim jims and around 100 Liberty cards!

I walk up and down the lockers at work sliding them in! One row a day!!!!!:D

Ron Paul 2008

LizF
11-07-2007, 12:39 AM
The officer probably realized that money spent paying a fine for a speeding ticket would not go towards the RP campaign. Smart man...may only good things come to him! :) :p

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Funny, I was going to post a similar story, but it had to do with how my giant RON PAUL magnetic sticker prevented me from getting pulled over.

There is this one spot on my daily commute where I tend to take a "short cut" of dubious legality. However, with my new ginormous RON PAUL magnetic sticker on my car I didn't want to put the good Doctor in a bad light, so I did things the right way.

Lo and behold there was Johnny Law lurking in cul-de-sac waiting to catch ne'er do wells such as my self. Any other day I would have been signing that Notice to Appear.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 12:46 AM

Quick story..........
I was driving with my wife and little girl in Joliet this evening when I was pulled over. I wasn't paying attention to my speed, I was to busy talking when I should have been paying attention to my speed. Anyways I was pulled over and the officer came up to the car and asking the normal questions. He came back and yelled out my name. "Mr. Billy" I said yes officer he said "I want to give you a ticket for speed but my partner is a big Ron Paul fan and noticed your car decked out with a Ron Paul Window sticker and magnet." "So he said I should let you go." I was like thank you and stuck out my hand to thank him! He said "Don't thank me thank my partner" "I was going to give you a ticket" So I shook his hand and said "Thank You" He smiled and said "Ron Paul 2008":D

Thank You Very Much!!!!

Billy

Ron Paul 2008

Thanks for that - made me laf so hard! Gld to know there are good Police men who arent taser happy out there!!!

Matt Collins
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I got pulled over for speeding when I was driving home from the Nashville rally and they guy gave me a warning as well. The moral of the story - put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. :)Wow I didn't know that!!!

The black cop at the rally that was working security for us came up and told me he saw our banner on the Interstate overpass. I thought he was going to get pissed but instead he said "it made me want to look him up, and after I did decided to come to the rally but then they called me and told me I'd be working it so I was excited to be working for Dr. Paul"

Then the other cop that day, the motorcycle guy, told me the last time he was at the War Memorial Auditorium was in 1968 and him and his friends were barefoot hippies coming to some concert or something. It was hilarious because the guy was 180 degrees from a hippy as a motorcycle cop.

Roxi
11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
awesome.. i also happen to know of at least one cop in tulsa oklahoma who is a RP supporter

DXDoug
11-07-2007, 01:56 AM
:D awsome hope the same can happen too all of us

Akus
11-07-2007, 02:09 AM
I went to court yesterday for a speeding ticket I was fighting and I gave the Judge a RP slim jim with my paperwork....reduced my fine by 3/4 but still guilty....seriously. The slim jims go out with everything I touch and everyone I see.

Oh well, maybe next ticket....:D

Cool.

may be we should organize a nation wide speeding in traffic. Kind of like November 5th only we make cops pull us over and tell them about Ron Paul.:rolleyes:

krott5333
11-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Awesome story! haha

I saved $200 on my car insurance by switching to Ron Paul

V4Vendetta
11-07-2007, 02:18 AM
GREAT story man... keep it up!

Drknows
11-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Haha pretty funny man. :D

Your name wouldn't be Mclovin by any chance? would it?
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/Kurt_065/McLovin.jpg

Eric21ND
11-07-2007, 02:50 AM
"Ron Paul saved me money on car insurance."

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 03:35 AM
I saved $200 on my car insurance by switching to Ron Paul

hahaha

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 05:59 AM
best cop ever!

wgadget
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
The other night I got stuck in a police safety inspection and handed the cop a liberty card. He thanked me.

sickmint79
11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
haha awesome story man ! glad to see it is helping you out :) !

ValidusCustodiae
11-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Cops are people too!

People love Ron Paul =)

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Quick story..........

Thank You Very Much!!!!

Billy

Ron Paul 2008

With Ron Paul as President and the Drug War eliminated, cops will no longer be the enemy of the people.

CurtisLow
11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Did you know that Ron Paul Is, trying or tried to pass a bill that would give over a thousand dollars extra tax credit to Policeman because of risk of duty.

sickmint79
11-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Did you know that Ron Paul Is, trying or tried to pass a bill that would give over a thousand dollars extra tax credit to Policeman and firefighters because of risk of duty.

where is this??

0zzy
11-17-2007, 03:57 PM

everybody says I look like him! even my own mother!

and omg great story mr poster! :)

Adamsa
11-17-2007, 04:03 PM
These stories put smiles on my faces.

voytechs
11-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I read, cops really like Ron Paul. He won them over when he authored legislation to give the tax credit (not write off) for any body protection armor they purchase. The association of police captains really praised that the labeled him friend of police everywhere. Plus I think those guys really understand what "War on drugs" does to our communities, the forced integration with federal iron fist. They see it first hand.

Cool story dude...that is why I have 2 RP stickers, I'm ticket proof.

Thom1776
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM

The actor, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, has the same birthday as me. Which means he has the same birthday as Errol Flynn.

So maybe he'll be makin' some pirate movies someday!

CurtisLow
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
where is this??

Rep. Paul's bill -- HR 3304

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400311&tab=bills

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I saved 2 trillion in government spending by switching to Ron Paul.

lucius
11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Wonderful story!!!! See not all policemen are bad.

If any groups save this country, it will be police and active military...I concentrate on them.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
My Ron Paul bumper stickers and magnetic side signs make me want to drive better to represent the good Dr. in a positive light.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I also avoided a ticket and have 2 stickers and 2 fliers which lay out positions. That saved me anywhere from a hundred to a hundred-fifty dollars.

sandersondavis
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
We need to come up with a Slim Jim for Police Officers.
Every supporter should keep a couple in the glove box.

Korey Kaczynski
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
4 Pages and nobody is worried about this topic?

I mean, how the fuck can police be so CORRUPT where they can be judge, jury, and executioner and decide to withold punishment based on the political leanings of individuals? Doesn't that creep anyone out?

I mean, let's face it -- speed limits are artificially low and cops are happy to give tickets to feed their self-important egos. Probably over half the time people should be given warnings and the stress of getting a warning should be punishment enough; but writing ridiculous tickets for driving 10-15 miles over is absurd.

Korey Kaczynski
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
If any groups save this country, it will be police and active military...I concentrate on them.
Police are often power hungry bastards with itchy tazer fingers. They think that people should RESPECT them in reality they should be responsible individuals with the community's welfare as their mission.

As for active military -- I doubt it. I mean, I'm less skeptical about the troops but I imagine many of them are sheep-like Bush supporters. I know a lot of military people like Ron Paul but I don't think they'll be the "group that saves this country."

westmich4paul
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Police are often power hungry bastards with itchy tazer fingers. They think that people should RESPECT them in reality they should be responsible individuals with the community's welfare as their mission.

As for active military -- I doubt it. I mean, I'm less skeptical about the troops but I imagine many of them are sheep-like Bush supporters. I know a lot of military people like Ron Paul but I don't think they'll be the "group that saves this country."

All I know is that is going to get back to Beck and now we will be Law Breaking American Terrorists. You just know this is going to come to fruitition. I can see the segment now "Law and Order Divided". Should the U.S. military become involved to stop these rampant rule breakers and the terrorists behind the badges that let them get away with this. I compare them to modern day Timothy Mc Bandit (you now the one that drove the black T.A.?) Joining us we have Sherriff Buford T Pusser's great grand child Cleatus Pusser. Mr . Pusser sir, Was The "Bandit" a terrorist? Well Mr. Beck yes He was probably thE most hated anti- police terrorist out there and now this Paul campaign emulates it by making Nov 5th their "Money Burn Out" This is an outrage and we should clear out Gitmo and round all these evil doers up!:D

Voice
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't get me wrong... Dr. Paul is very important to me, but and police officer or judge who does things differently based on the political leanings of the incumbant in a case is corrupt. Imagine reading about judges doing favors for Hillary supporters. Or this: "I was guilty, but I tuned in a Hillary card with my paperwork so I got off light"

This is wrong, wrong, wrong.

lucius
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM

I speak from experience...many are just ignorant, selected for sub-IQ and conditioned with a might-makes-right certitude to manage civilians who are incapable of managing themselves. With a little education they can be made to realize that they do indeed have skin-in-the-game (family etc...) and that they will not have that badge forever. This revolution is a wonderful/strange time; some of my best friends are officers and believe me they know that a police state is coming down. They are now ardent Dr. Paul supporters.

Good resource, Jack McLamb: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3730036840062852356&q=jack+mclamb&total=13&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Don't get me wrong... Dr. Paul is very important to me, but and police officer or judge who does things differently based on the political leanings of the incumbant in a case is corrupt. Imagine reading about judges doing favors for Hillary supporters. Or this: "I was guilty, but I tuned in a Hillary card with my paperwork so I got off light"

Um, that happens everyday, on just about every case, everywhere in america.

Wyurm
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM

You really do have to understand that different police departments do operate differently. I live very near to Joliet and used to live in Joliet. The officers do appear to have more freedom than others. Not to mention that most officers do have the ability to let you go without a warning if they feel the situation permits. Furthermore, the officer may have been taking a risk by letting the OP go. Just like I would be taking a risk by performing a task without safety gear. If I did that and was caught, I would be fired.

I wouldn't judge the officer without all the facts. Not all police officers are bad, infact, most aren't though if Ron Paul supporters hate the police as you seem to, then my wife (who works for the police) is never going to support Dr. Paul.

Tidewise
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I drive better when I have my ginormous Ron Paul magnetic sign on my car.

Voice
11-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Hate the police? absolutely not! I only hate police who mix politics or any other concern with their job. That is the road to corruption.

TruckinMike
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
No wonder I haven't had any tickets lately....hhmmm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2219/2041242002_d2ed42bb37_m.jpg

TruckinMike

nullvalu
11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
yep! simlair thing happened to me!! i got pulled over, but i just got a warning, then the cop and his partner started asking me all about Ron Paul!!

Ron Paul Bumper Stickers == Get Out Of Jail Free Cards !! :D :D

LibertyEagle
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
4 Pages and nobody is worried about this topic?

I mean, how the fuck can police be so CORRUPT where they can be judge, jury, and executioner and decide to withold punishment based on the political leanings of individuals? Doesn't that creep anyone out?

I mean, let's face it -- speed limits are artificially low and cops are happy to give tickets to feed their self-important egos. Probably over half the time people should be given warnings and the stress of getting a warning should be punishment enough; but writing ridiculous tickets for driving 10-15 miles over is absurd.

First of all, please refrain from availing yourself of using 4-letter curse words on this forum, as we have already done a fine job of running off potential RP supporters from some of our choices of language.

Secondly, grouping people together and labeling them as ALL one way or the other, probably isn't the best thing to do. You think? Not everyone is the same. As far as tickets go, if you don't like the speed limits, then work to change them. I'm not aware of anything in the law that says that cops should give you a 10-15 mph cushion. Although that is exactly what many do. The fact is that if you are speeding, you are open to getting a ticket. If a cop lets you go, well then, it was a nice cop.

sandersondavis
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
The ugly tone this thread suddenly took seems just a little bit suspicious to me.

Jerome
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
This just goes to show that RP's message can bring about harmony.