PDA

View Full Version : ‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Set For Final Vote Thursday

libertyjam
11-30-2011, 04:42 PM
‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Set For Final Vote Thursday

http://www.infowars.com/indefinite-detention-bill-set-for-final-vote-thursday/

Have not seen confirmation from a second source yet, looking...

libertyjam
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
DUh, it was in the article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/30/national-defense-authorization-act-detainee-policy-obama_n_1121166.html

Aratus
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
lets hope it fails tomorrow

Legend1104
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Not that it matters because I already know how he will vote, but I did contact my senator and sent him this email:

Dear Senator Wicker,

I have contacted you on numerous occasions about a series of issues. In almost all cases you have refused to accept my wishes in those issues. Section 1031 of the NDAA bill, as now confirmed by Senator Cain, would allow the miltary to round up Americans and throw them in Gitmo for the rest of their life without trial. This is similar to the previous "Enemy Biligerant Act" that you supported about 2 years ago. I also emailed you about that issue, but once again you choose the side of tyranny and oppression. Luckily that bill failed to come to a vote, but now this new bill seems to have a real chance of passing. I assume that you will vote for it's support as well. I urge that you seriously consider the ramifications of such actions. If you do not, you may find one day that your children, friends, or other family is rounded up and dissapears forever in the deep dungeons of an unmerciful despot. I can promise you one thing Senator. If you vote in favor of this bill, I will not cease to fight vehemently against your reelection, and trust me I am very persuasive and hold a lot of clout with friends and family. It will cost you dearly to ignore my requests.

Carefully Watching,
Cory

Agorism
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Why is drudge ignoring this?

Aden
11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I've been looking at immigration sites for New Zealand and Switzerland. Got credentials to get into the former, the latter is pretty tuff though.