PDA

View Full Version : The threat of Paul as an running as an independent

tmstclaire
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi there! I'm a newbie here but as long time Paul supporter, and this may have been mentioned already, but being that Rand just now made a statement on Fox that he thought that Ron would not run as an independent, I thought I would bring it up.

Republicans are pretty darned passionate about getting Obama out of office and Paul is getting some media attention and has some standing in the polls.
Don't you think that if Paul were to tease that he will run as an independent if he loses nomination cause a huge stir? Because if he did, the likely hood thathe could swing the election for an Obama win by taking Republican votes is one that can't be ignored. I think that alone might cause enough panic to give
Ron Paul a second look, third, and fourth look.

Any thoughts?

BTW, Rand said that he thought Paul would not want to take GOP votes in this case and is the reason he would not run. But a vote for anyone but Paul is
just as bad as Obama! That is what scares me. Newt as President? Romney? We are all going to die!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!! :eek:

(Can someone edit the header? I messed up....)

tmstclaire
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Well someone could have least replied with this:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/04/could-ron-paul-wind-up-running-as-independent-in-2012/

I still think this would make major news if his campaign would announce before the GOP selection is made that he WILL run as an independent if he doesn't win.