PDA

View Full Version : The "V" blackout...or blowback?

mika813
11-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed the MSM went black, just one day later, on the whole "V" connection? My brilliant wife made the observation that while some folks might be turned off.....the establishment might not want to expose a larger number of people to what might be seen as a real possibility for society........since it is all (the Govs monitoring) real and legal under the "USA Patriot Act." There are a few, very thought provoking lines in the movie, like it or not, that the "establishment" may not want the electorate to contemplate.......hmmmmmm........maybe the "V" thing wasn't so bad.......maybe they suddenly said "oh sh_t.....tell the "talking heads" to shut up about the movie!....Christ we can't have people getting curious about that sh_t"

consider and discuss.......

hard@work
11-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Too early to tell, we'll know in another 72 hours.

twister5400
11-07-2007, 12:27 AM
wow... didn't think about this... maybe one of our goals should have been to get every person to actually watch that movie...

I remember when I first saw that movie, everything that was happening, was playing out in my head, like "wow, i think this is happening right now in the US"....

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Has anyone else noticed the MSM went black, just one day later, on the whole "V" connection? My brilliant wife made the observation that while some folks might be turned off.....the establishment might not want to expose a larger number of people to what might be seen as a real possibility for society........since it is all (the Govs monitoring) real and legal under the "USA Patriot Act." There are a few, very thought provoking lines in the movie, like it or not, that the "establishment" may not want the electorate to contemplate.......hmmmmmm........maybe the "V" thing wasn't so bad.......maybe they suddenly said "oh sh_t.....tell the "talking heads" to shut up about the movie!....Christ we can't have people getting curious about that sh_t"

consider and discuss.......

I have considered it... the V thing could not have necessarily been a bad thing.

as in all things, there are unintended consequences, good and bad.

max
11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
The Establishment is scared shitless....they are teetering...

The V symbolism was not lost on them believe me

Freedom Weekend will be the knockout punch!

12/15: National Sign Bomb
12/16: Boston Tea Party Moneybomb

We hit these sons of bitches hard yesterday (and $400,000 more today)...we must continue a blistering attack and then KILL them on Freedom weekend.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/november2007/061107_fundraising_assault.htm

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Good angle!

RPinSEAZ
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
I have to say that luckily nobody in my small town really heard of the V for Vendetta / Ron Paul fundraising link because most of our town including the high school was tagged with spray paint with V. It was all over town, on private residences everything. Really sad.

http://svherald.com/articles/2007/11/06/news/doc4730108eb2a12050262743.txt

davidhperry
11-07-2007, 12:42 AM
as in all things, there are unintended consequences, good and bad.

Yes indeed. I have noticed that the campaign has been fairly quick to dismiss the significance of the connection to V. Although, it looks like the smears that the MSM have tried to use to paint RP supporters as terrorists hasn't worked, so that's good.

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 12:43 AM
or they didnt reserach it...another unsuprising thought.....and like me had never heard of the V movie or had seen it....

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
URGENT NEWS:

FOX News and the GOP are attempting to censor Ron Paul from the next debate.

This requirement for the next debate comes straight from a Press Release released today from the Iowa GOP website.

4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa.

mika813
11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
I have to say that luckily nobody in my small town really heard of the V for Vendetta / Ron Paul fundraising link because most of our town including the high school was tagged with spray paint with V. It was all over town, on private residences everything. Really sad.

http://svherald.com/articles/2007/11/06/news/doc4730108eb2a12050262743.txt

It is sad that people deface property, (public or private) but does it really matter? Should we hope for a clean and pretty police state??

Free speech might be mean and ugly.....and.....
.......freedom might be bloody........
.......but both are noble causes.....

cjhowe
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
wow... didn't think about this... maybe one of our goals should have been to get every person to actually watch that movie...

I remember when I first saw that movie, everything that was happening, was playing out in my head, like "wow, i think this is happening right now in the US"....

I feel as you feel ;)

Energy
11-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Remember the scene where people had the awakened sense the news on TV was doctored and they totally dismissed it?

Can't give sheeple any ideas.

work2win
11-07-2007, 01:51 AM
It has been very interesting watching this play out. The first coverage I saw was the one where they put the bloody V along with the "dangerous remedy" quote on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Man did my heard skip a beat. It was visually captivating, and you don't hear much while your eyes are locked on that image. This was far more sensational than analytical.

The coverage today took a different path; that of the analytical. Instead of showing this image, they mentioned guy fawkes day and V for vendetta creating curiosity, then DISCUSSED WHAT EACH MEANT AND STOOD FOR. There was Ron Paul explaining how the message from V for Vendetta was about individual standing up to the abuse of the state, and coming off in what seemed like a very positive light!

Today's coverage seems like it will do nothing but generate substantial curiosity and interest. Short of Blitzer's personal "Libertarian Vendetta" it looks like Paul supporters wrote the stories for today.

twister5400
11-07-2007, 01:54 AM
mayeb Paul supporters DID write the stories for today... uh oh.. did we get some paulites into the msm?