PDA

View Full Version : "Who is Ron Paul" Ad Campaign

c12mintz
11-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Similar to "Who is John Galt" -- I'm not sure if 5 second TV spots are for sale on the market, but this could be an ingenious way to give Ron Paul some much needed spotlight.

Also does the Super Bowl allow political ads? If Ron Paul does well in Iowa/New Hampshire/Nevada, one 15 second spotduring the Super Bowl could greatly help out for Super Tuesday. There are millions of people out there who will support Ron Paul if they KNEW WHO HE WAS. The media blackout + general American indifference definitely hurts legitimate primary chances...

Any thoughts?

trey4sports
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
not nationally. It's not cost-efficient on local markets either.

Secondly, i dont think the concept is very good. I don't mean to come off as rude but i don't think these gimmicky type ads would do any good. Welcome to the forum, and please don't take my comment personally.

c12mintz
12-01-2011, 02:00 AM
No offense taken, I just wanted to float the idea. I think the most cost-effective (FREE!) way to promote Ron Paul is online through Facebook and through face-to-face contacts. Unfortunately only about 1M people are watching the debates... So even though Ron Paul is doing well, it doesn't matter much since most people just watch summaries on the next day news. If Ron Paul has 600,000+ likes on Facebook and everyone can bring in 2-3 more people that would be huge. Mitt Romney is currently winning the Facebook battle, but it's easy to get people to like Ron Paul if an effort is made. I've personally added 5 people on Facebook and 3 people offline in around 3 months.

I guess the next big thing for publicity is this moneybomb on December 16th, unfortunately it looks like the 65k pledge is going to fall short though...