PDA

View Full Version : IDEA! Handing out DVDs/Information cards in the inner city

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Alright, so here's my plan.

I'm from Rockford, Illinois, which has the highest crime rate in Illinois, highest unemployment, etc, etc. Aka it's not a good place to be. What I'm going to do this Christmas break is go to the poverty areas downtown and hand out DVDs and information cards. I'm going to compile a list of youtube videos and put them on a DVD to educate people. I need some help with ideas on good youtube videos and good information cards to hand out. Right now, I want to put the following youtube videos on the DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAONc7GeIc - Former 4 star general Wesley Clark - talking about how our foreign policy is flawed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU - The American Dream - Talks about the housing market crash and the origin of the Fed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g - Ron Paul the only one we can trust!

I also would like to find a good video on Austrian economics vs Keynesian economics, and a good video with Michael Scheuer.

Please help me with suggestions on more videos and what else to hand out! Thanks!

ZanZibar
11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Why not go and try and get likely Republican voters to switch their vote for Ron? It might be more productive.

lucent
11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
You want to go to the inner city and get robbed or killed?

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Because I'm on a mission.

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
What I'm saying is that these people need a real leader... not Barack Obama.

lucent
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Because I'm on a mission.

Apparently that mission isn't to get Ron Paul elected.

kylejack
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM
You want to go to the inner city and get robbed or killed?
:rolleyes:

ZanZibar
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Because I'm on a mission.And what is your mission?

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
It's important to get the message out there... I don't think it's getting to these areas.

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Listen, I didn't ask for critiques.... I asked for video/information suggestions. Please stay on the topic, thanks.

PauliticsPolitics
11-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I do not think this is as horrible of an idea as most people here.
I believe people should promote Ron Paul and freedom however they chose, and however they feel is correct.
And there are enough polls showing RP getting lots of Indies and Dems, working class and poor people, etc. I don't think this is a useless endeavor if you find it to be your mission.

BUT, since you are in Rockford, IL - You really should consider doing your inner city RP missionary work across the border in Iowa. It's like an hour and a half drive. I'm sure there are "inner-city" parts of Dubuque.
On a side note, I'm not sure if the videos you picked are most relevant. If you are going after struggling poor people, consider finding material related to how Bush, Obama, and every other president for the past 50 some years has been screwing over poor people. I'm sure there is a good video that explains how monetary policy and government-corporate cronyism screw over the poorest people. I'd also look for videos that hype the growing police state. Bottomline: it's going to be a challenge to convince the poorest and most desperate people that welfare is bad, but you should point out that welfare is low on RP's cut-priority list. You will have to be brave and bold to find the right way of expressing the truth in this regard. Good luck, and again, please consider driving the hour to Iowa.

ZanZibar
11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
It's important to get the message out there... I don't think it's getting to these areas.Getting the message out does not equate to getting votes. If you are trying to get Ron elected you are doing the wrong thing in the wrong place. If you want to change people's minds... well that's a bit harder to quantify.

Adam West
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Give the guy a break. I admire him for his fortitude.

ForLiberty2012
11-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Perhaps I just need to ask for good video suggestions.... you don't have to support my Idea... I just want some suggestions people!!! Thanks :)

Maximus
11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
For Liberty really wakes people up, especially in the Black community. I know this personally.

Just go on twitter, Ron Paul has tons of Black fans.

parocks
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Go to a bar where there are younger people. Hand them a DVD or whatever it is that you want to hand out. Make sure you include the instructions on how to vote. How to register to vote, what day the primary or caucus is.

17-29 year old males rarely vote, but this year, they like Ron Paul. It doesn't mean they're gonna vote, but they like Ron Paul.

parocks
11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Getting the message out does not equate to getting votes. If you are trying to get Ron elected you are doing the wrong thing in the wrong place. If you want to change people's minds... well that's a bit harder to quantify.

I don't think he's hurting anything, though.

parocks
11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I do not think this is as horrible of an idea as most people here.
I believe people should promote Ron Paul and freedom however they chose, and however they feel is correct.
And there are enough polls showing RP getting lots of Indies and Dems, working class and poor people, etc. I don't think this is a useless endeavor if you find it to be your mission.

BUT, since you are in Rockford, IL - You really should consider doing your inner city RP missionary work across the border in Iowa. It's like an hour and a half drive. I'm sure there are "inner-city" parts of Dubuque.
On a side note, I'm not sure if the videos you picked are most relevant. If you are going after struggling poor people, consider finding material related to how Bush, Obama, and every other president for the past 50 some years has been screwing over poor people. I'm sure there is a good video that explains how monetary policy and government-corporate cronyism screw over the poorest people. I'd also look for videos that hype the growing police state. Bottomline: it's going to be a challenge to convince the poorest and most desperate people that welfare is bad, but you should point out that welfare is low on RP's cut-priority list. You will have to be brave and bold to find the right way of expressing the truth in this regard. Good luck, and again, please consider driving the hour to Iowa.

Right.

Go to Iowa. And hang out in bars with 17-29 year old males and hand them something that says Iowa Caucus January 3. Because they need to know that. And they might not know that.