PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul flag bomb

anarchy
11-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing with the idea for a while to order 1 million flags and distribute them in IOWA. We can hand them out or have volunteers bring them door to door. The only thing people have to commit to when accepting the flag, is hanging it out of their window (house, car), or flying it.

Got price quotes from china for 1 million pieces:

2'x3' flag - USD 0.42/pc
3'x5' flag - USD 0.80/pc

Delivery time is 45 days, FOB in Shanghai.

What do you guys think about it? We can easily come up with the money for this amount, and distribute them in key states + spread the word while we hand them out.

It will be a mass flag takeover!

harikaried
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Delivery time is 45 days, FOB in Shanghai.That'll be too late for the Iowa Caucus, but might be useful in later primaries and the general election.

What do these look like?

LibertyEagle
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing with the idea for a while to order 1 million flags and distribute them in IOWA. We can hand them out or have volunteers bring them door to door. The only thing people have to commit to when accepting the flag, is hanging it out of their window (house, car), or flying it.

Got price quotes from china for 1 million pieces:

2'x3' flag - USD 0.42/pc
3'x5' flag - USD 0.80/pc

Delivery time is 45 days, FOB in Shanghai.

What do you guys think about it? We can easily come up with the money for this amount, and distribute them in key states + spread the word while we hand them out.

It will be a mass flag takeover!

No, it would be extremely bad PR to buy U.S. flags MADE IN CHINA and hand them out in association with Ron Paul's campaign.

Muwahid
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds like the real-life equivalent of spam

phill4paul
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
No, it would be extremely bad PR to buy U.S. flags MADE IN CHINA and hand them out in association with Ron Paul's campaign.

I second this. They will probably have 61 stars on them anyway.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB0yJSdCGfeTdXly91cVM1oEvpWCsz5 auxy7fbI8f9jmmxMNG1og

WorldonaString
11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
In a way its a shame that it'd be percieved in such a negative way just because of int'l trade. I've been dreaming of flying 10000 wish lanterns for ron paul after the iowa victory. spin or not, ya gotta admit it'd make a beautiful sight ;)