PDA

View Full Version : PRO vs. CON of both weekendforliberty.com and teaparty07.com

greves
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm going to list here all the reasons mentioned so far, please add more in replies and I will add them here.

WeekendForLiberty.com:

PRO
-all-encompassing, covers Bill of Rights Day + Boston Tea Party Anniversary
-easy to make a simplistic site that links to meetups and donation subscription form
-positive spin (potential for campaign to piggy-back)
-very straightforward. its a weekend, and we promote liberty.
-easily associated with 'something political is happening'
-only 1 site needed to implement both days

CON
-longer name to remember than teaparty07.com
-not 'catchy' or 'mysterious'
-potentially too broad (though certainly not necessarily, with good design/implementation)
-meetups will organize anyway, making an umbrella website anyway. (rebuttal: they need some springboard telling them when and how to rally)

TeaParty07.com:

PRO
-short, catchy name that would 'stick' (maybe better viral potential than WFL)
-very focused and simple like nov5th, only donations
-can link to a BoR-day / rallies website. 2 separate websites makes it easier for the campaign to piggyback BoR-day activities only.

CON
-implemented alone, it loses Bill of Rights Day. implemented as two separate websites, everything gets more (unnecessarily) complicated.
-potential bad spin, as with nov 5th (yes, we did receive a little)
-official campaign cannot piggyback
-redundant if WFL is also implemented

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Teaparty07.com could still say rallies are going to take place on the 15th....

greves
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
True, added.

Adam0980
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM
We're forgeting one thing I think. The majority of people we just want to dedicate to donating on the 16th. The rallies the meetup groups can and will organize. So the weekendforliberty website will be less visited. The weekend site can operate as an umbrella site. If we mix the two together, it is just making more stuff that will be in the way of the simple experience the average person should have when signing up for the donation project.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Also a good point, but the weekendforliberty.com idea is more of a springboard for people to find out that they should be planning rallies on that particular day.

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah the general feeling judging from the vote is to go with teaparty07.com as the site name, focus on donations for the 16th, and let the rallies and such happen without being pushed much by the site. Basically what you're saying.

Flirple
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
We're forgeting one thing I think. The majority of people we just want to dedicate to donating on the 16th. The rallies the meetup groups can and will organize. So the weekendforliberty website will be less visited. The weekend site can operate as an umbrella site. If we mix the two together, it is just making more stuff that will be in the way of the simple experience the average person should have when signing up for the donation project.

I think you have this right.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah the general feeling judging from the vote is to go with teaparty07.com as the site name, focus on donations for the 16th, and let the rallies and such happen without being pushed much by the site. Basically what you're saying.

On the other hand, everyone thinks the rallies are a good idea on the 15th (look at the other poll), so it would be good to have that somewhat centrally announced (not planned) - WFL would be the announcer.

Pride
11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Use the Saturday for grassroots campaigning with things such as rallies.

Use the Sunday for donating to Ron Paul.

Weekend of Liberty sounds much more appealing then Tea Party. What do you think?

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Most people like teaparty07 better, check out the poll. But if some people like WFL better, go ahead and make it happen, its not like its going to hurt anything lol.

There is really not much else to talk about. People want teaparty07.com the most for dec.16 donations. Some people feel a need for WFL to help promote rallies on the 15th, so they can go right ahead with that if they want to do so.

So thats what we have come up with, so lets do it.

greves
11-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Agreed.

Austin
11-07-2007, 01:01 AM
libertyweekend.org?

James R
11-07-2007, 01:58 AM

I like that idea. I hope the TeaParty07.com site is going to run things by consensus. Does anyone know about who he/she/they are and what their plans are?

hard@work
11-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Honestly I would suggest at this point you try to do both. But the bottom line is that the single most marketable property there is TeaParty07.com. It already is spreading virally, we are all aware of it, we all understand what the Boston Tea Party is, and it taps directly into the spirit of this revolution. Weekend of Liberty is a very weak single entity, it will not excite the people even half as much as V for Vendetta did. However combined with TeaParty07.com you would actually achieve a greater effect than with either of them alone.

James R
11-07-2007, 02:03 AM
*deleted*

James R
11-07-2007, 02:04 AM
After reading
"The media WILL NOT CARE about anymore single day totals we pump out. We have already surprised them so we should instead push for maximum contributions by pushing the weekend idea."

I can't help but think this sounds correct. Maybe we should actually focus on the meetup events that would happen all over the country, and put the record-breaking single-day sum down as a side-show? It could be a 2-day commemoration meetup bonanza. If there is one thing that would get nation-wide attention it is having 1,000 simultaneous meetups while at the same time breaking the fund-raising effort.

Ultimately its such a tough choice that I really do want to see both websites, with TeaParty07 focusing on the donations, and the WeekendofLiberty focusing on the meetup events across the country.

philgest
11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
After reading
Ultimately its such a tough choice that I really do want to see both websites, with TeaParty07 focusing on the donations, and the WeekendofLiberty focusing on the meetup events across the country.

I agree with the idea of having two web sites, with the TeaParty07 being the massive Money Bomb donation web site, like the November 5th web site, and the WeekendofLiberty web site focusing on meetup events and celebrations organized to promote Dr. Paul and canvasing efforts throughout weekend in neighborhoods, malls, parks, and elsewhere and of course, the WeekendofLiberty web site linking to and promoting the TeaParty07 massive Money Bomb site.

Furthermore, I believe we will gather a lot of positive publicity if the massive Money Bomb Tea Party 07 will exceed the record set on the 5th of November and beat the record set by Kerry of 6 million in one day donations. This will be great for the campaign, especially given the proximity to the early caucuses and primaries. And I'm betting that if canvasing efforts are undertaken that weekend by meetup groups and events are organized to promote Dr. Paul, we will draw more new donors who will donate on the TeaParty07 day and at the end of the day, we will have exceeded the 12 million goal set for the 4th quarter...and whatever follows in contributions throughout the remainder of December will be icing on the cake :D

Combined together, the WeekendofLiberty and the TeaParty07 will be awesome for the campaign!

JordanL
11-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Just spreading it around...

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but I got my website up:

http://ournewteaparty.com

If by consensus the site gets marginalized, I'll redirect the domain, but managing, designing and administrating websites is what I do, so even if the website I set up doesn't fly, I'll donate my services to the cause. It's about the message, not about the individuals.

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
dedicate weekend of liberty to explaining and organizing the event, have teaparty07 for signing up and such, with counters and countdowns

literatim
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Adding complexity is never good.

Why not have a website dedicated to December 16th and tell people on it to organize to spread the word about December 16th on December 15th?