PDA

View Full Version : Buying Votes

Patrick Freeman
11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
I posted this thought a few weeks ago to DailyPaul and thought I should post it here as well after seeing the "How Ron Paul will win Iowa and the election GUARANTEED" thread posted by cdc482 as this is similar idea. The point is that there are plenty of people out there who won't vote. Some are lazy or apathetic and some see the system as so corrupt that they don't think voting makes a difference. Some have just given up. I personally know at least a handful of friends who fit this description. Thinking about one particular friend a while back brought this idea to mind. He's definitely too lazy to vote however if I offered some "incentive" to vote for Ron Paul he would certainly do so. Now that incentive might be that I give him $50 (for gas, babysitting, whatever) and/or take him out to eat afterwards and of course I'd be driving these friends to/from the polls as well. I'd instruct these friends to keep some record that proves that they voted and who they voted for.

Now $50 donated to the campaign or to one of the brochure mailings is a great idea that *might* win over a few voters and I'm certainly not suggesting you do this instead of funding the campaign but if you've got a little extra scratch this idea is a far more direct route in that you know for an absolute fact how many additional votes Ron is getting. The cost:benefit analysis is definitely favorable here. These apathetic voters are like fish in a barrel.

Some might see this tactic as morally questionable but lets be honest...the whole process is rigged, at least to an extent. For example I work for one of the larger Counties in Southern California. When I got hired I was automatically placed into a Union and they extract dues from each of my paychecks. I recently learned the Union is endorsing Obama for President and will be donating funds to his campaign. So you have no choice but to join the Union and no choice but to fund the Union and then they funnel the accrued membership dues to the candidate of their choice.

Even with Ron doing as well as he's been doing thus far I think his odds of becoming the next President are slim because of the enormous amount of pressure and influence that will be directed towards preventing that outcome. There are very powerful people who have lots to lose should people like Ron Paul gain power. This means that we will require equally enormous pressure to overcome their corrupt influence.

If each of us could provide "motivation" to even 1 of these apathetic individuals we would double RP's vote total.

So....how many people do you know who fit this description? How many votes can you buy?!

Xelaetaks
11-30-2011, 12:02 AM

parocks
11-30-2011, 12:05 AM
perhaps not something to be talked about so explicitly?

JoshLowry
11-30-2011, 12:09 AM
perhaps not something to be talked about so explicitly?

or not at all...

ಠ_ಠ