PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul Christmas

RedStripe
11-06-2007, 11:34 PM
At my campus club (ASU Students for Ron Paul) meeting tonight, we came up with a new idea for a fund raising project. Start a petition in which participants pledge to request, as a gift from friends and family for Christmas/Holidays, not presents but donations for Ron Paul 2008. In other words, instead of receiving gifts from people you know this year, you ask that everyone donate to Ron Paul 2008 instead on your behalf. Not only does this reject the notion of materialism and corporatism that has developed over the years with regard to the holidays, it also represents a great way to make sure Ron Paul meets/exceeds his goal of $12 million by the end of the quarter. What do you guys think?

sirachman
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
All I want for christmas is a "Ron Paul Donation!" ;)
woot.

ppc1040
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Extremely clever idea.

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul Christmas cards. Send them to your friends and family.

RedStripe
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Ron Paul Christmas cards. Send them to your friends and family.

That would be a perfect way of informing them that you want them to donate to the campaign instead of giving presents to you, and at the same time exposing them to some Ron Paul info.

JenHarris
11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I tried that with my mother when she asked me what I wanted for xmas...I said "A confirmation number from the Ron Paul campaign." Sadly, the request received a veto. She's gonna vote for him though so I guess it's not all bad :)

tanverenzo
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
You could have cheap little Christmas cards (or e-cards) that read, "Mom, Dad: All I want for Christmas is a conformation number from donating to Ron Paul. Consider it an investment in my future." And then, of course, list his positions on issues.

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I tried that with my mother when she asked me what I wanted for xmas...I said "A confirmation number from the Ron Paul campaign." Sadly, the request received a veto. She's gonna vote for him though so I guess it's not all bad :)

Take whatever she gives you and return it! You can then donate to the campaign. :D