PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition to remain neutral

sailingaway
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69357.html

sailingaway
11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
also, LifeSite news seemed to question VanderPlaats' reasoning for leaving Ron off his list of potential endorsees pointing out that Ron has been for federalism (state rather than federal remedies) across the board, on all issues, and citing Ron's voting record. I think I posted it, but I don't see it now.

TER
11-30-2011, 08:08 AM
This is certainly a welcomed development. :)

Student Of Paulism
11-30-2011, 08:22 AM
also, LifeSite news seemed to question VanderPlaats' reasoning for leaving Ron off his list of potential endorsees pointing out that Ron has been for federalism (state rather than federal remedies) across the board, on all issues, and citing Ron's voting record. I think I posted it, but I don't see it now.

Yea, there was another thread about some other evangelical group remaining neutral, as well as IA's governor (who i believe likes Ron a lot), a senator and some other legislators. I believe a lot of them don't want to fight amongst each other and be seen as black sheep for not picking the same candidate as the other did, since most of them are kind of tied together anyway. Imo, neutral is a good thing, at least others won't get endorsed and push more sheep toward that candidate.

Lol good to see this 'lifesite' questioning Vander Plaats about DQ'ing Ron. I had thought his Family Failure group had endorsed Newt, but it appears i was wrong. From what i read yesterday, they haven't made a decision yet.

trey4sports
11-30-2011, 08:34 AM
that's good for us i guess. I was kind of hoping they were going to endorse santorum and further split the vote but I guess this is ok.

Sola_Fide
11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Divided evangelicals is a good thing.