PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Hannan praises Ron Paul on Hannity (11/28)

ZanZibar
11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Did anyone hear Hannity's radio show yesterday with Daniel Hannan? He tried to praise Ron Paul briefly and Hannity tried to downplay it heh.

A recording of this would be great if anyone has one?

Bruno
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Of course Hannity did! That's the weasel's M.O.

bluesc
11-29-2011, 07:16 PM
I like Daniel Hannan. I have no idea why he is a regular on Hannity, but it's awesome.

Crystallas
11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
To specify, do you mean Hannity the TV show, or the radio show?

Eric21ND
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
tubes!!!

InTradePro
11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Did anyone hear Hannity's radio show yesterday with Daniel Hannan? He tried to praise Ron Paul briefly and Hannity tried to downplay it heh.

A recording of this would be great if anyone has one?

Good stuff. Daniel Hannan could end up being the Ron Paul of Europe.

Tod
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZA0-9_8DIA

bluesc
11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Wow, the second Ron Paul was mentioned, Hannity couldn't wait to throw "yeah, but foreign policy" out there. Why couldn't he just let Hannan have that one :rolleyes:?

jeremiahj13
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
will listen :)

JakeH
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I heard that on the way to work last night. Great stuff from Hannan.

On a related note, does anybody know who filled in for Rush today? He absolutely trashed Gingrich.

matt0611
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I love how they don't even try to argue with Ron's domestic policy anymore because they all know he's right on everything.
They just can't get over his FP and people like Hannity never will because that would require them to admit they were wrong.

mport1
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
He praises Cain and Gingrich too though, ugh. He is also "hawkish" on Iran and didn't oppose Iraq out of principle but for strategy reasons. He just dropped a ton in my book.

wgadget
11-29-2011, 08:09 PM

On a related note, does anybody know who filled in for Rush today? He absolutely trashed Gingrich.

I'm pretty sure it was Mark Stine. (sp?)

Yeah, I heard it, too. The man does NOT like Newt. And many others are getting on the same bandwagon.

Napolitanic Wars
11-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Kudos to the people who watch/listen to Hannity spew bile everyday on the off chance Ron is mentioned so you can tell us!

FSP-Rebel
11-29-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Mark Stine. (sp?)

Yeah, I heard it, too. The man does NOT like Newt. And many others are getting on the same bandwagon.
Steyn lives up in NH and is a hardcore neocon, so I don't know why he can't stand Newt. Obviously a Romney guy since there's not so much personal baggage to defend.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
:mad: Sooner or later, this goof is going to have to realize Ron Paul's camp is growing and doesn't to take kindly to him bashing their candidate. His slimy tactics may have worked back when we were a tiny fraction of Republican voters, but that time has passed.

Feeding the Abscess
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
He praises Cain and Gingrich too though, ugh. He is also "hawkish" on Iran and didn't oppose Iraq out of principle but for strategy reasons. He just dropped a ton in my book.

I stopped caring one wit about him when he spoke highly of Paul Ryan and a few other goons.

Brian4Liberty
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Wow! I like Hannan's focus on fiscal issues! All the other issues are red herrings!

JakeH
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Wow! I like Hannan's focus on fiscal issues! All the other issues are red herrings!

Yup, we can take measures to save our economy now or we can continue on the path that we're on and try to rebuild it in a few years.

unknown
11-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZA0-9_8DIA

"Heads in the sand".

"Isolationist".

Bunch of chicken-hawks.

ZanZibar
11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Kudos to the people who watch/listen to Hannity spew bile everyday on the off chance Ron is mentioned so you can tell us!That would be Jack Hunter in this case LOL ;):p He's the one who told me about it.

TheTexan
11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
This idea that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon they're going to instantly use it because Allah told them to... is simply absurd. Irrelevant parallel... but when Florida passed its concealed carry law in 1987, the national media went haywire saying that there was going to be blood in the streets. Of course that didn't happen, and now 49 states have similar carry laws. Likewise Iran isn't going to irrationally nuke Israel the moment they get a nuke.

Iran, and actually the region as a whole, has a legitimate beef with Israel. Israel, based on a religious desire to return to their homeland, invaded and forcibly removed the Palestinians from their homes and took over their land by force. That's unjustifiable. Now, 50 years later, Israel is basically refusing to cooperate with negotiations to resolve the tension that Israel created, and we're on their side?

We have no treaty with or obligations to Israel, and nor should we. Not only is Israel fully capable of handling their own affairs, but they themselves created that mess. It's not our job to clean it up.

However, with that said, if Iran were to use a nuclear weapon against Israel, we should & would wipe them off the map. Iran knows this. Iran is not suicidal. They will seek peaceful negotiations as long as peaceful negotiations are an option.

The problem is, our open support & backing of Israel is weakening the Palestinian's (and Iran's) bargaining position to the point where basically negotiations aren't taking place. If we want peaceful negotiations to happen, as they invariably should and need to happen, we need to get out of the way so the peace process can proceed.

Carole
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Mark Stein.

He was unkind to Ron Paul as well.

Napolitanic Wars
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Iran, and actually the region as a whole, has a legitimate beef with Israel. Israel, based on a religious desire to return to their homeland, invaded and forcibly removed the Palestinians from their homes and took over their land by force. That's unjustifiable.

I'm no fan of Israel, but to say that the foreign policies of middle eastern countries like Iran are the result of big mean Israel occupying Palestine is comical. The Israeli hatred is merely a distraction that leaders use to prevent the people from criticizing their own government. That's what the Crusades were about: let us not fight each other, let's fight those heathens over there!

TheTexan
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm no fan of Israel, but to say that the foreign policies of middle eastern countries like Iran are the result of big mean Israel occupying Palestine is comical. The Israeli hatred is merely a distraction that leaders use to prevent the people from criticizing their own government. That's what the Crusades were about: let us not fight each other, let's fight those heathens over there!

Regardless of how ridiculous that region is sometimes in their words & actions, Israel is still in the wrong. Defending their actions, especially in the manner that we do, a manner that implies that Israel is great and holy and the rest of the region are Muslim extremist terrorists, does far more harm than good. This behavior only adds fuel to the fire that you are describing.