PDA

View Full Version : Online Ad For Iowa Farmer Website (Designs Wanted!)

IDefendThePlatform
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Well the ball is rolling on the Iowa Farmer Today ad, Thank You Grassroots! Wanted to see if anyone would like to take a crack at adding in an online ad on their website to compliment it for the next month. Here's the email I just got from the ad rep explaining our upcoming print ad and also the possibility for an online ad as well:

Thanks for this order. However, before placing your ad I will need a reply or call from you, confirming the issue date(s) you want your print ad to appear. I will also need a phone number at which you can be reached. Iowa Farmer Today is published every Saturday and deadline is 10 AM on Friday, 8 days prior. We close our December 10th issue this coming Friday.

Since political ads already receive our lowest possible rate there is no negotiation on the price. Your credit card will be charged $3517.50 per insertion.

You are correct about the opportunity to augment your print ad with online ads. I have attached our rate sheet for online ads. You can place a Top Ad for $25.00. A Top Ad is a small text link that scrolls in the upper right hand column of our home page at www.iowafarmertoday.com (http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/). That ad would run the same week as your print ad. This text link will link up to the same ad that appeared in that week’s issue of the paper.

You can also create other online ads, as indicated on the rate sheet. These are sold by the month, but can be purchased in one week increments. We are currently sold out of Leaderboard and Banner ads until February, 2012. However, we do have a large square ad available. Please let me know if you’d like to order a large square ad for $250/month. These ads rotate with other ads and each receives approximately 10,000 impressions per month.

Again, please let me know what issue date(s) you would like your print ad to appear.

Thanks,

Here is the website where the square ad would run:
http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/
(http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/)
So, I don't think the $250 will be a large obstacle, but I was hoping maybe to get a few potential designs from people? Since its a farm website I was thinking we could incorporate this pic, but am definitely open to suggestions:

Maybe some type of logo as well? It's not a big space as you can see, I think its 300x250 pixels. Here's one of the ads currently cycling through:

Will probably have the ad clickthrough onto the campaigns Farmers For Ron Paul webpage: www.ronpaul2012.com/farmers
But the majority of it will just be impressions cuz I think they have a pretty low clickthrough rate. Anyway...

I'm pretty much worthless at microsoft paint/pdf editing, so please let me know if people are interested in this or have any suggestions for the design.

IDefendThePlatform
11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Bump.

IDefendThePlatform
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
The ad started running Dec 1st (today) but the rep told me he'd change it anytime we wanted. I think it looks pretty decent but if anyone wants to add anything or thinks there is a better 300x250 Ron Paul ad out there for farmers just let me know and I'll email him. Here's a screenshot of it from www.IowaFarmerToday.com:

Freedom of Speech
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Awesome job and thanks for everything you're doing!

Liber Team
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Amazing job ID! Let's take this to the next level!

IDefendThePlatform
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Alright, you guys made me do it. I busted out the MS Paint skillz. Here's the updated version: