PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Cain loses endorsement in New Hampshire

bluesc
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Ouch.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/29/cain-loses-endorsement-in-new-hampshire/

Derry, New Hampshire (CNN) – The latest allegation of sexual impropriety against Herman Cain has cost him the support of at least one state representative in New Hampshire.

Rep. William Panek called the Cain campaign Tuesday morning to say he was dropping his endorsement, telling CNN he will shift his support to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich instead.

"One or two allegations, it kind of piqued my interest, but you know, it's politics," Panek said. "But with a long-term, ongoing affair I'd kind of had enough."

On Monday an Atlanta woman claimed she had had a 13-year affair with Cain in an interview with WAGA TV.

The allegation followed news that four women had accused Cain of sexual harassment while he headed the National Restaurant Association.

On a conference call Tuesday morning, Cain said he was considering whether to continue his run for president. He has denied all the allegations but said the news was taking a toll on his family and fundraising numbers.

The New Hampshire loss for Cain was first reported by local television station WMUR, which said state Rep. Sam Cataldo had also dropped his support for the candidate.

Cataldo could not be reached by phone Tuesday evening.

Marky
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Sick of Cain’s wishy washy attitude, he has shifted his support to a dedicated adulterer instead.

AlexG
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
He should be ashamed of ever endorsing Cain

LisaNY
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Cain's affair made him switch to Gingrich?! Is this guy an idiot or what?

Bruno
11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, a long-term affair is bad, cheating on your wife like that and all.

Now, cheating on two wives like Newt, one of them while she was in the hospital and calling her too ugly to be a First Lady, that guy gets his endorsement!

Tina
11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Cain's affair made him switch to Gingrich?! Is this guy an idiot or what?

Indeed!!

HOLLYWOOD
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Cain loses endorsement in New Hampshire (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/29/cain-loses-endorsement-in-new-hampshire/)
http://cnnpoliticalticker.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/streitfeld-head-shot1.jpg?w=30
Posted by
CNN Political Producer Rachel Streitfeld (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/tag/cnn-political-producer-rachel-streitfeld/) Derry, New Hampshire (CNN) – The latest allegation of sexual impropriety against Herman Cain has cost him the support of at least one state representative in New Hampshire.

Rep. William Panek called the Cain campaign Tuesday morning to say he was dropping his endorsement, telling CNN he will shift his support to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich instead.WTF? Just like that... new endorsement, a politician Flips his endorsement... man these politicians are despicable. The LIVE FREE or DIE state seems to be full of a lot of bullshit in the political arenas

John F Kennedy III
11-30-2011, 12:37 AM
William Panicked.

sratiug
11-30-2011, 02:03 AM
A 13 year affair was too much. Someone should ask him how many years an affair can continue and still get an endorsement, and if it is a running total of all affairs.

JamesButabi
11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Sickening.....How can people upset over affairs possibly move on to Gingrich?

Sending this guy an email

tfurrh
11-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Sickening.....How can people upset over affairs possibly move on to Gingrich?

Sending this guy an email

Me too. Here was mine:

You have recently indicated that you will pull your endorsement from Herman Cain and endorse Newt Gingrich. You gave the reason for the switch: "One or two allegations, it kind of piqued my interest, but you know, it's politics...but with a long-term, ongoing affair I'd kind of had enough."

How can character issues like affairs and adultery turn you off from a candidate alledged of the accusations, and lead you to endorse a candidate CONFIRMED in these accusations. Newt Gingrich has had multiple confirmed extra-marital affairs, yet you find him more worthy of support than the candidate you left because of an alledged affair? This seems silly to me. Might I also add the Newt Gingrich gathered 84 ethics violations while in Congress? If your concerns are about character, I'm sure you can do better than Newt (in fact, he'd probably be last on the list).

Since you've noted that the morality and character of a candidate is a weighing factor in your endorsement, I would like to point out that there are other candidates running for election that have been faithfully married for quite sometime. Out of Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul, I feel that you could find one of these candidates suitable for your oh-so-coveted endorsement.

Ronulus
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Now that article saying supporters of adultery were going to leave cain to go to gingrich has been confirmed.

IterTemporis
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Some people are too irrational to understand..

Cowlesy
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
hilarious!!