PDA

View Full Version : Why are These People STILL in the Race?!

dannno
11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Nothing makes me think that these people are no more than paid actors than by staying in the race..

Santorum, Perry, Cain, Bachmann and I excuse Gingrich at the moment only because he is in the media spotlight :rolleyes:

But seriously, what are they accomplishing :confused:

Do they really think they have some distinguishable message from the other candidates??

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
This is to give the whole affair an air of legitimacy. The debates are for the most part a farce. We have the illusion here that all sorts of people have a shot at being the nominee. It makes for good media chatter and propaganda. IOW, it's a distraction ploy. Get as many shiny things in front of people as possible, and it will be hard for them to think about what is actually being said. I once heard the technique called a "shining distraction". I don't recall who said that, though.

bluesc
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich...

Why wouldn't they think that they might come next? I think they are all distractions from Romney, and all of them are waiting to be used, and they use up the time in the debates (Romney is trying to get through them under the radar). For the establishment, Paul cannot be the anti-Romney under any circumstances.

pcosmar
11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
The Show must go on.

Dr.3D
11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
This is to give the whole affair an air of legitimacy. The debates are for the most part a farce. We have the illusion here that all sorts of people have a shot at being the nominee. It makes for good media chatter and propaganda. IOW, it's a distraction ploy. Get as many shiny things in front of people as possible, and it will be hard for them to think about what is actually being said. I once heard the technique called a "shining distraction". I don't recall who said that, though.

That's what I've been thinking for quite some time. TPTB knows who they want for that job and they also wouldn't be upset if Obama had a second term.

V3n
11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
sell books, raise speaking fees, become a celebrity, feed their ego

The Free Hornet
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Why are These People STILL in the Race?!

Because we haven't fucking voted yet. Paul or not, I do not want the media booting out candidates and I feel your post is suggesting otherwise. Polling has more to do with media than issues. I'm happy to have a more crowded field and - IMO - these clones make it easier for the genuine item to stand out. It may be less attention for Ron Paul, but the type of attention the others have received has not been beneficial. It did not help Palin, Trump, Bachmann, Perry, or Cain to be artificially elevated.

nobody's_hero
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
I want them to stay in the race.

The more people that are in the race, the less of a threshold Ron Paul needs to take the nomination. I'd rather have Ron Paul versus 7 neocons splitting the neocon vote between each of them, as opposed to Ron Paul versus one very strong neocon with all the neocon vote behind him/her. I suspect that as folks drop out, their supporters will rally behind someone other than Ron Paul. For neocons, it's much easier for them to make a switch from Bachmann to Perry, or Gingrich to Cain, than it is to go from any of them to Ron Paul. We'd better pray no one drops out.

phill4paul
11-29-2011, 07:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUXXzN26zg

dannno
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Because we haven't fucking voted yet. Paul or not, I do not want the media booting out candidates and I feel your post is suggesting otherwise. Polling has more to do with media than issues. I'm happy to have a more crowded field and - IMO - these clones make it easier for the genuine item to stand out. It may be less attention for Ron Paul, but the type of attention the others have received has not been beneficial. It did not help Palin, Trump, Bachmann, Perry, or Cain to be artificially elevated.

I agree that there is some benefit to them staying in the race in that it helps spread out the pro-establishment vote among many candidates, and I don't like the media making decisions for everyone, I just feel that the reasons why they are keeping these people in the race is ultimately out of their own interest to keep the spotlight off of Ron Paul. It seems too much like a tv show with some actors that are long overdue to be cut, why haven't the directors cut them out yet?

Although I suppose there may be some selfish reasons why they might stay in the race as were mentioned, such as books and future speaking engagements, ego, etc..

GeorgiaAvenger
11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
http://blog.4president.org/.a/6a00d83451721569e201543650d2f7970c-pi

Humanae Libertas
11-29-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree that Hunstmann, Santorum and Bachmann should drop out. Their support base is very small compared to the others.

PreDeadMan
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Now that cain is out of here what are the rankings so far? is paul in 2nd place? or 3rd? did gingrich move up?

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUXXzN26zg
lolz! :D

LayZayFaire
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Nothing makes me think that these people are no more than paid actors than by staying in the race..

Santorum, Perry, Cain, Bachmann and I excuse Gingrich at the moment only because he is in the media spotlight :rolleyes:

Do they really think they have some distinguishable message from the other candidates??

Americans are idiots.

Get used to it, because the next generation will be even worse. Have you talked to young kids these days?

Thinking for yourself is dead. Thinking for yourself is lame. Be apart from mainstream is both lame and dead.

Mediocre is the new best. And people wonder why foreigners are taking both our low paying jobs (hispanics) and our higher paying jobs (asians). Americans just don't give a damn about being intelligent or putting effort into anything anymore. Then again, I live in an urban environment. Maybe people living in the rural areas still have some brains and balls left in them.

cindy25
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM

they all have books, and being pres. candidate sells books

specsaregood
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Americans are idiots.
Get used to it, because the next generation will be even worse. Have you talked to young kids these days?
Thinking for yourself is dead. Thinking for yourself is lame. Be apart from mainstream is both lame and dead.

Funny, Dr. Paul does much better with younger voters than older voters. In fact, the percentages go up the lower in age you go....so who are the idiots again? The kids didn't cause these problems either...hrm...

dannno
11-29-2011, 08:06 PM

I pretty much am a young kid (surprise, my avatar is just that), and yes, a lot of them are heavily indoctrinated.. but there are also a lot of pretty smart ones out there who may not have the liberty philosophy down but are much more in tune with the human spirit and are very much anti-establishment who I identify with pretty well.

Mach
11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
I understand what everyone is saying about keeping them all on, I do see the overall common GOP more spread out down the line (different voter support), but that may be just to scoop up more of the general population making them think that they made an actual choice, then as those candidates drop out they will all back and support that one GOP puppet that is left..... Romney? So, all of those voters whose favorite candidate dropped out will now be prodded by that "great" candidate they previously supported and trust him to lead them to a secondary choice.

LayZayFaire
11-30-2011, 02:34 AM
I pretty much am a young kid (surprise, my avatar is just that), and yes, a lot of them are heavily indoctrinated.. but there are also a lot of pretty smart ones out there who may not have the liberty philosophy down but are much more in tune with the human spirit and are very much anti-establishment who I identify with pretty well.

Anti-establishment for most young people mean freedom of body, but not freedom of mind. If I were to tell them that I think discrimination is perfectly okay, and in fact something we all do, the overwhelming reaction would be to automatically reject that idea. Anti-establishment means "Let me do what I want, but give me other people's stuff."

And if you are referring to OWS, that's a joke. Most of them want total relief from student loans because "They told us it would get us a job." I didn't tell them that and I don't want to pay their bill either. I laugh at these cockroaches.

LayZayFaire
11-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Funny, Dr. Paul does much better with younger voters than older voters. In fact, the percentages go up the lower in age you go....so who are the idiots again? The kids didn't cause these problems either...hrm...

I can use the same argument for Obama. Young people voted for Obama in huge numbers, and sadly many young people will still vote for Obama in the next election.

PreDeadMan
11-30-2011, 04:44 AM

It seems very true that younger people are more open to change and are willing to re-examine their beliefs as opposed to older people I find. I'm an example of this going from sort of a big government fox news guy to a constitutionalist to a voluntaryist/libertarian type.