PDA

View Full Version : Politico writes up the Paul Family Cook Book

sailingaway
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
http://images.politico.com/global/blogs/Ron%20Paul%20Cookbook_465.jpg

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/1111/Ron_Pauls_family_publishes_2012_cookbook.html

dannno
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Hah, that first fb comment is hilarious..

swisht
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Once Ron starts to highlight his family presence, it's curtains for Gingrich. He can't compete with that. I think Carol Paul needs to start making appearances to support Ron's cause. It would do wonders to have a first lady with substance again.

harikaried
11-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Hah, that first fb comment is hilarious..Are you referring to the original post on Ron Paul's page?

I thought I saw an odd spelling of Carol.. and turns out it was on Ron Paul's own page! (Carole) But I suppose her full name is Carolyn.

CaptUSA
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
YOU WILL BUY THIS FOR YOUR GRANDMOTHER.

Hell, I think we should pass these out at every retirement community! we can make this part of the "Christmas Carol" strategy I've been pushing!

pauliticalfan
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
What about having Carol Paul Recipe Slim Jims? A different recipe on each one. You know, like they have at the grocery store. Hell, these would be PERFECT to place at grocery stores in Iowa. People pick up and pay attention to that stuff. People are always looking for new recipes.

McDermit
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
YOU WILL BUY THIS FOR YOUR GRANDMOTHER.

Hell, I think we should pass these out at every retirement community! we can make this part of the "Christmas Carol" strategy I've been pushing!Awfully expensive as a handout though... wish they would have found a way to produce them cheaper.

McDermit
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
What about having Carol Paul Recipe Slim Jims? A different recipe on each one. You know, like they have at the grocery store. Hell, these would be PERFECT to place at grocery stores in Iowa. People pick up and pay attention to that stuff. People are always looking for new recipes.there we go! Now THIS would be brilliant!!

A slim jim with one or two recipes would be so perfect!

Carole
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Very nice. :)

Would be nice to see Carol Paul in Iowa, but she should not over do. I want her healthy as the new first lady. :)

Justinfrom1776
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm buying 5 for the women in my life(not like Cain, I mean Wife, Mom, Mother-in-law, Sisters)

dannno
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Are you referring to the original post on Ron Paul's page?

I thought I saw an odd spelling of Carol.. and turns out it was on Ron Paul's own page! (Carole) But I suppose her full name is Carolyn.

Still married to the same woman after 54 years? How's he supposed to compete against Gingrich's three wives and Cain's mistress and sexual harrassment with an attitude like that? Doesn't he realize he's ruining the whole image of politicians by being trustworthy?

roversaurus
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
How can we get this to Iowa voters?
I think this would work better than the SuperBrocher stuff.

It's awfully expensive for me to buy a hundred and hand them out :-)

11-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Awfully expensive as a handout though... wish they would have found a way to produce them cheaper.

It doesn't really cost that to produce. There is a donation built into the price.

CaptUSA
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Just so everyone knows, the price of these goes down when you buy them in bulk (starting at 2!!!). If you buy over 100 of them, the price is $2.50 per book. And since that money is also counted as a donation to the campaign, it's a win/win/win. Make a donation/give a small christmas gift/spread the word about the Pauls.

I usually get my campaign merchandise quickly, but does anyone know if people order these on the Dec.16th moneybomb, will they arrive in time for Christmas?

(Another thought... Maybe we could coordinate a "bake sale" type mini-bomb? Have a one-day mass order of cookbooks that the grassroots will be handing out? If the bomb gets media attention, people may be hoping to see someone come to their door with a cookbook... Just thinking out loud here.)

roversaurus
11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Just so everyone knows, the price of these goes down when you buy them in bulk (starting at 2!!!). If you buy over 100 of them, the price is $2.50 per book. And since that money is also counted as a donation to the campaign, it's a win/win/win. Make a donation/give a small christmas gift/spread the word about the Pauls.

I usually get my campaign merchandise quickly, but does anyone know if people order these on the Dec.16th moneybomb, will they arrive in time for Christmas?

(Another thought... Maybe we could coordinate a "bake sale" type mini-bomb? Have a one-day mass order of cookbooks that the grassroots will be handing out? If the bomb gets media attention, people may be hoping to see someone come to their door with a cookbook... Just thinking out loud here.)

That's great news about the price. I'm not in Iowa. How could we coordinate buying a ton of these for the folks in Iowa to hand out? Is the campaign going to hand them out and could they put up a special donation box for it?

rp713
11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
we should start a chip in for buying a good amount of bulk for these cookbooks. send half and half to iowa/nh

Working Poor
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
A best seller in the making no doubt

CaptUSA
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
we should start a chip in for buying a good amount of bulk for these cookbooks. send half and half to iowa/nhI'm not versed in FEC laws, but I don't think you can do this legally since each time you buy a cookbook it counts as a campaign donation. I'm sure there's a way around this, but I don't think a chip-in would work.

Perhaps if we could order cookbooks ourselves and have them shipped to central distribution location? That seems legal to me.