PDA

View Full Version : My LTE and good answers for nay-sayers

Question_Authority
11-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Here are all the answers I can think of for the faulty polls. This is the first draft of a LTE. Gotta cut it down but thought I would share with the forums.

Why is Ron Paul so low in the polls? Three main reasons:

1. Most pollsters are calling "likely Republican voters" which generally means “Republicans who voted in the last presidential election”. Most of those Republicans voted for Bush, knowing full well what Bush is made of. Those people are now responding favorably to similar politicians like Giuliani, Romney and McCain, even Huckabee.

2. Who are they NOT including in the polls?
a. People who did not vote at all last election, like new voters aged 18-21 and people who never vote due to apathy or disgust. This is a big core of RP Supporters.

b. Independents: This is a big core of RP Supporters.

c. Republicans who did not vote in the last election because they were disgusted with Bush

d. Democrats who switched to Republican to vote for RP!

e. Libertarians and other 3rd party members.

f. People who do not own landline phones! College students, and in fact a good majority of people under 30, do not even own a landline! Pollsters never call cellphones. Young people make up a large proportion of RP supporters.

There are few, if any, other candidates who fall into this unusual “trap”. Ron Paul is truly a maverick candidate who is generating support amongst a broad cross-section of supporters, and the “traditional media poll” is not equipped to measure it, or chooses not to. Instead, they continue to minimalize the impact of his fantastic fundraising numbers and marginalize his candidacy, frequently in a scornful and degrading manner. Either that or they completely ignore him.

3. The media is attempting to create reality with the following 4 steps:
a. They promote some candidates relentlessly. Those candidates magically rise to the top of the polls!

b. They ignore other candidates. And those candidates magically stay at the bottom!

c. Then they say “so-and-so will never be elected because he is not getting enough attention”…and they say this with a straight face! As if they had nothing to do with it! This has been happening since January.

d. I just now heard Wolf Blitzer say “Ron Paul is raising a lot of money, but why is he still lagging in the polls?” Hmmm. Does Wolf Blitzer know less about the poll dynamics than I do? Is he really that clueless about his own industry?

Ron Paul is a strong, viable candidate with a message of freedom, peace and non-intervention. Do not let the mainstream media choose your candidate for you. Google Ron Paul and do the research for yourself.

NOTE: I may have to edit this down for a letter to the editor, but this is still good to pass on to supporters to use in their own conversations.