PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 43% agree that OWS should take a bath, get a job

RonPaulFanInGA
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/november_2011/gingrich_tells_protesters_to_take_a_bath_get_a_job _43_agree

Brian4Liberty
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
This thread needs some music! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAoXw_DqvM

ShaneEnochs
11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I want a job =(

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I want a job =(
+1 Preferably one which allows me to sit on my ass being unproductive while earning a 5-6 digit salary. Is the government hiring again yet? ;)

Tina
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Bathing is easy, getting a job is not. My sister has been putting in applications for 8 months without being hired. She's put in 18 applications in the last 2 weeks. I'm getting sick of this 'just get a job' thing many people are really trying, the jobs just aren't there.

dannno
11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
43% sound like really boring people I wouldn't really want to spend any time with.

Keith and stuff
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I want a job =(

Is it hard to find a job where you live? It is very easy where I live if you have a good work record and don't have a bad criminal record. I think the employment rate is 4.9% and the seasonable adjusted rate is 5.3% in New Hampshire.

PastaRocket848
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Bathing is easy, getting a job is not. My sister has been putting in applications for 8 months without being hired. She's put in 18 applications in the last 2 weeks. I'm getting sick of this 'just get a job' thing many people are really trying, the jobs just aren't there.

where do you live? might be time to move on out in search of greener pastures. really, though, a lot of people say they "can't find a job" when what they mean is that they "can't find a job they want". it's hard for some people to accept under-employment, but sometimes it just is what it is. my fiancee is the same way. she was "looking for a job" for months, never once put in an app at a retail outlet or somewhere like that. hell mcdonalds for that matter would beat unemployment. fwiw she held out and eventually got a job she loves, but not until we were deep into savings during the down time.

awake
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Meet the new generation of government goons in the whining.

Matthew5
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
We are the 43%!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuq7u4Fzvn1qaygzdo1_500.jpg

Tina
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
where do you live? might be time to move on out in search of greener pastures. really, though, a lot of people say they "can't find a job" when what they mean is that they "can't find a job they want". it's hard for some people to accept under-employment, but sometimes it just is what it is. my fiancee is the same way. she was "looking for a job" for months, never once put in an app at a retail outlet or somewhere like that. hell mcdonalds for that matter would beat unemployment. fwiw she held out and eventually got a job she loves, but not until we were deep into savings during the down time.

She's even applied for part time reception work and she'd been in property management for years before she lost her job. But you are right about the area she lives in, low wages and few jobs. I don't know if she would consider moving or not.

pcosmar
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
It would be hard to move. I can't just pack up a 20 acre farm and move it.
I have been unemployed since 2006.

Unemployment is over 25% and most jobs are state or Federal employment.

Oh yeah,, when I was making $60,000 a year I had long hair, and was usually covered in dust, grease and sweat.

ShaneEnochs
11-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Is it hard to find a job where you live? It is very easy where I live if you have a good work record and don't have a bad criminal record. I think the employment rate is 4.9% and the seasonable adjusted rate is 5.3% in New Hampshire.

It didn't use to be, but I've been out of work for a year. I've put in at least a hundred applications. I even have management experience and I can't get a job.

ShaneEnochs
11-29-2011, 04:45 PM

I've applied at McDonalds. And Walmart. And Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's, Captain D's, and a range of other places. They, for whatever reason, hire 16 year olds over me, and I have management experience.

DamianTV
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I've applied at McDonalds. And Walmart. And Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's, Captain D's, and a range of other places. They, for whatever reason, hire 16 year olds over me, and I have management experience.

Same boat. Turned down by McDonalds in favor of illegal immigrants or maybe legal, but dont speak a lick of english, and I was the General Manager for a small local ISP. The title doesnt mean anything, but I was the boss, the big boss, yet they favor someone that doesnt speak english over me, and you, proabably because they think we expect more money.

VBRonPaulFan
11-29-2011, 05:26 PM

Some places turn down employees who are well 'over-qualified' because they don't want to spend the time training them when they know they'll leave at the first prospect of a better job somewhere else.

it is sort of a catch-22. employers look down on people who've been un-employed for a long period of time because it looks like they aren't motivated to at least hold a job somewhere. at the same time, it's hard to get jobs you're over-qualified for because employers generally want someone stable long term for a position. but as a general rule, employers will be more inclined to pull you in for an interview if you currently have a job, even if it is a shitty one.

if you're having serious problems even getting an interview for jobs you think you'd be a good fit for.... you probably have a resume that is under developed or seems to have contradicting information that makes people think you're lying about your qualifications.

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2011, 05:48 PM
It would be hard to move. I can't just pack up a 20 acre farm and move it.
I have been unemployed since 2006.

Unemployment is over 25% and most jobs are state or Federal employment.

Oh yeah,, when I was making $60,000 a year I had long hair, and was usually covered in dust, grease and sweat.
I thought you said you still have long hair in another thread several months ago. Could be mistaken, though.

heavenlyboy34
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Ditto. I've also had my resume on the big job sites for a few years. As long-time members know, I only a few months ago landed a secretary job. Got laid off after 2 weeks because my boss wasn't making enough money to keep me on the payroll. :( And I'm certified in computer graphic design.

seraphson
11-30-2011, 10:04 AM

That's because 100% of these 43% probably have a job. It's very easy to say "get a job" when you already have one; god forbid THEY lose their job; knocked down off their high horse; then I'm sure it'll be raining fire and brimstone. Now, I'm certain there are lazy bastards in OWS that want a hand-me-out but I'm also certain there are hard workers willing to work as well.

pcosmar
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
I thought you said you still have long hair in another thread several months ago. Could be mistaken, though.

I had cut it a few years back. It didn't help me find a job. Walmart won't even hire me.
I let it grow back, But YES i did cut it,, and do bathe. I clean up pretty well.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3172/2470926038_4d4385d153_z.jpg

I have let my hair grow back since. And presently, my winter face (full beard)

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM

At least she is looking. The OWS just want to get hired magically or collect a government check