PDA

View Full Version : Is My Optimism Justified?

CaptUSA
11-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I know many of you went through similar things last time around. But here's what I see:

My friends in my circle have just about all come around to Ron Paul due to my conversations with them
My grandmother who is a Fox junkie finally saw the light due to watching an extended interview on C-Span
The media coverage, while still lacking, is becoming more positive. (They're still dismissive of his chances, but he's getting an airing of his views.)
New signs are appearing in Western PA. And I didn't put them there.
New posters are joining this website regularly.
The rest of GOP candidates are not acceptable to the people. They are going to hold their nose to vote for someone.

I also suspect that if you have to hold your nose to vote, you probably won't even waste your time in a primary (except for those who see voting as their duty.) I will continue to work hard, but from where I sit, we are succeeding. I would suggest to you that if you are not feeling my optimism, you need to work harder! If I'm living in my own self-created bubble, think of how nice it would to live in yours. If enough of us create these bubbles around us, we'd be reaching the entire country.

Let me leave you with a little tidbit that helped me silence a neocon friend of mine:
"You know government can't run education, health care, banking, industry, or the environment. They use those same expert qualities when they run our foreign policy. It costs us ridiculous sums of wealth, kills our young men, and ends up making things worse than they were before. The republicans are running against the democrats. The democrats are running against the republicans. Ron Paul is running against the idea that government can fix these problems."

febo
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I ... due to watching an extended interview ...

This is where RP really scores - but how to get people to watch?

harikaried
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
This is where RP really scores - but how to get people to watch?Have you tried asking? Watching with the person? Set everything up.. maybe grab some food too?

NewRightLibertarian
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM
We're definitely winning the information war. But I am not optimistic because I think the government will stop at nothing to make sure their evil plans come to fruition and they got the bombs and the nukes.

11-29-2011, 01:06 PM
That must be a big bubble then, it reaches all the way out here to eastern PA too.

I've noticed all the same things

ForLiberty2012
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
YES! We ALL MUST remain optimistic. An idea whose time has come can not be stopped by any army or any government!

airborne373
11-29-2011, 01:16 PM
The ideas of liberty will prevail. It is only the precise time table and exact sequence of events that is uncertain.

Ekrub
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances in Iowa. We take Iowa, then it's game on. Important though:

"We must remember, elections are short-term efforts. Revolutions are long-term projects."-Ron Paul

The fight doesn't end with this election, regardless of the result.

rideurlightning
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Even in the darkest of times, there is always some form of light.