Perry 8% (15%) -7
Bachmann 1% (1%) 0
Santorum 2% (2%) 0

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/sc/

Aratus
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM

braane
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Trying to look at these polls in a positive light... so... at least we gained? No one else did, exception of Gingrich.

trey4sports
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
well it's upward movement. :)

S.C. is going to be difficult. I'm guessing this is Romney's. Let's just hope that folks are EXPECTING he win both NH and SC because I'd hate for the media to start playing the "inevitable" card.

low preference guy
11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
After RP wins Iowa, the meme will be: "But he won't win SC, and SC decides the Republican nomination!"

bluesc
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
well it's upward movement. :)

S.C. is going to be difficult. I'm guessing this is Romney's. Let's just hope that folks are EXPECTING he win both NH and SC because I'd hate for the media to start playing the "inevitable" card.

We seem to have universal upward movement. I think the ~3% jump nationally has happened. Just need a national poll to confirm it.

bluesc
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
After RP wins Iowa, the meme will be: "But he won't win SC, and SC decides the Republican nomination!"

If that doesn't work, they will say the same for Florida. Then the caucuses between Florida and Super Tuesday will be ignored.

Oddone
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Love watching these silly people jump from FOTM to the next. These are for the most part all the same people every time.

11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Could be worse. I don't expect Ron to do well in the home of the MIC.

braane
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM

I thought it was "Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire picks presidents"... ? :P

"Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire South Carolina picks presidents"... ? Got it!

ghengis86
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM
What does it say about a candidate and their supporters when they've been in the race for months and their poll numbers swing 15-25%?

11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
If that doesn't work, they will say the same for Florida. Then the caucuses between Florida and Super Tuesday will be ignored.

The MSM can try but it's awfully hard to ignore a caucus, it's not like a straw poll. If Ron wins IA and is top 3 in NH, I fully expect that momentum to carry over to wins in NV, ME, CO, MN and WA. That'll really set the stage for a big super tuesday.

trey4sports
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
We seem to have universal upward movement. I think the ~3% jump nationally has happened. Just need a national poll to confirm it.

i think this is actually pre-nov. 22nd debate-bump upward movement.

I think we'll see a nice national jump from his nov. 22nd debate reflected in mid december. This poll was conducted the 25th through 28th IIRC

trey4sports
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
The MSM can try but it's awfully hard to ignore a caucus, it's not like a straw poll. If Ron wins IA and is top 3 in NH, I fully expect that momentum to carry over to wins in NV, ME, CO, MN and WA. That'll really set the stage for a big super tuesday.

i just hope Mitt doesn't win both SC and NH. Then I think the media would start to play up, "it's all over now folks, prepare for Romney vs. Obama"

Then again, Romney is actually moving down in the polls. I think he could be slipping. I'd love to see the establishment hitch it's wagon to Newt because we will absolutely tear him up.

11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
i just hope Mitt doesn't win both SC and NH. Then I think the media would start to play up, "it's all over now folks, prepare for Romney vs. Obama"

Then again, Romney is actually moving down in the polls. I think he could be slipping. I'd love to see the establishment hitch it's wagon to Newt because we will absolutely tear him up.

The american public isn't that stupid. There are 47 states left. You don't even have to understand the delegate process to do that math.

rutgerscamdenYAL
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
They underestimate our support it's so obnoxious. There's no way in hell he's realistically at 8%.

RonPaulMall
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
The american public isn't that stupid. There are 47 states left. You don't even have to understand the delegate process to do that math.

I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity of the American public. And this is exactly the tactic the MSM is going to employ, so we better be ready for it. As soon as Mitt wins Florida they will stop covering the Republican Nomination process entirely and every story will be about the epic Romney vs Obama match up.

braane
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM

So we thought...then 30% of the Republican base went from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Gingrich in a matter of 3 months.

11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
They underestimate our support it's so obnoxious. There's no way in hell he's realistically at 8%.

Yes there is in SC.

I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity of the American public. And this is exactly the tactic the MSM is going to employ, so we better be ready for it. As soon as Mitt wins Florida they will stop covering the Republican Nomination process entirely and every story will be about the epic Romney vs Obama match up.

No they won't this is great TV ratings.

11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
So we thought...then 30% of the Republican base went from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Gingrich in a matter of 3 months.

That didn't surprise me a bit. Trying to call the primary over after 3 or 4 states, nobody is buying that one.