PDA

View Full Version : What Happened with Revpac's Supervoterbomb?

cornell
11-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe I missed something, but the last time i checked yesterday they were at 90,000 out of 180,000 brochures . Now there is a message up saying that it was a success and that the supervoterbomb is over.

Did the moneybomb run out of time and end by default?

Did some generous benefactor pay to finish it off early?

I haven't seen any talk here about what exactly happened, but in case I missed a duplicate thread I'll apologize in advance.

Edit: Oh, and I know they changed the mailing due to the DVD issue, but I was under the impression they were going to mail brochures to more people, not end it early and only mail to the original 180,000.

smartguy911
11-28-2011, 11:37 PM
They got required 90k for Iowa. Iowa is covered but no clue why they took it down. We still got NH

AlexG
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
But they were shooting for 100km not 90k...RevPAC should leave grassroots to us. RonPaulProducts was already doing something similar.

They should focus on recruiting wealthy donors.

badger4RP
11-28-2011, 11:49 PM
I've been wondering about this "success" business... i was hoping that someone dropped the final 120k on it.

SpicyTurkey
11-28-2011, 11:52 PM
But they were shooting for 100km not 90k...RevPAC should leave grassroots to us. RonPaulProducts was already doing something similar.

The sad part is most Libertarian billionaires are cheap.

badger4RP
11-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Maybe they'll show up when RP wins Iowa.

Oddone
11-28-2011, 11:55 PM
From what I gather, they cut the DvD, added a code to watch it online, which cut the cost, so they can now Mail 200k+ people. Now will that include NH and IA or just IA, I dunno..

emr1028
11-29-2011, 12:42 AM
I'd prefer if we spent the extra money to include the DVD instead of the code. I think more people would watch the DVD, and people who get inspired by it or like it would be able to loan it out to their friends, which would help get the message out to more people. Iowa is more important to us than NH anyway.

Oddone
11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
I'd prefer if we spent the extra money to include the DVD instead of the code. I think more people would watch the DVD, and people who get inspired by it or like it would be able to loan it out to their friends, which would help get the message out to more people. Iowa is more important to us than NH anyway.

Yea, it was argued Ad nauseum when they said they were removing the DvD. Now I can agree, that it is a good video. However it is more for those that are part of the movement. The older voters we are targeting do not go online, and will not be swayed by that DvD. It has great stuff in it, but it is not the style, or speed that the older voters lean towards. We need to get them hard facts.

Agorism
11-29-2011, 12:50 AM
I kind of feel like the only way we have a shot at NH and SC is to win Iowa.

Otherwise, Newt is going to end up with this mega-momentum, and all other candidates are going to end up shut out. PPP seems to be detecting further Newt surge at the moment so beating him in Iowa will be tough too.

Revolution9
11-29-2011, 01:17 AM

I thought that was what they were gonna do. This bait and switch and bit of incompetence on their part suggests they should step back from the grassroots to get funds and show us what muscle they do have by getting big donors and endorsers.

Rev9

helmuth_hubener
11-29-2011, 01:19 AM
The sad part is most Libertarian billionaires are cheap.Well you don't get to be a billionaire by being loose with money.

helmuth_hubener
11-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Aww, send the DVD! No one else is going to send a DVD. It's interesting. Even if they don't watch it. If they do, it's certainly not going to turn them against Paul. It will make them all that more sympathetic at the caucuses, when they see the young Ron Paul people around the room and talk with them and realize that they're doing this because they truly and deeply care about the country. The DVD is great! Let's send it!

lucent
11-29-2011, 02:19 AM

Uh, RevPac and RonPaulProducts are coordinating. The most important voters were given to RevPAC. The less important ones are covered by RonPaulProducts.

Aww, send the DVD! No one else is going to send a DVD. It's interesting. Even if they don't watch it. If they do, it's certainly not going to turn them against Paul. It will make them all that more sympathetic at the caucuses, when they see the young Ron Paul people around the room and talk with them and realize that they're doing this because they truly and deeply care about the country. The DVD is great! Let's send it!

Magically summon them twice as much money in the next two days as they've gathered and I am sure they would oblige you.

Eric21ND
11-29-2011, 03:04 AM
I kind of feel like the only way we have a shot at NH and SC is to win Iowa.

Otherwise, Newt is going to end up with this mega-momentum, and all other candidates are going to end up shut out. PPP seems to be detecting further Newt surge at the moment so beating him in Iowa will be tough too.
This is correct. Romney will win NH and Newt will win SC if Ron doesn't win Iowa. If Ron wins Iowa he destroys Newt's chances and he becomes heir to the "Anti-Romney" throne.

helmuth_hubener
11-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Magically summon them twice as much money in the next two days as they've gathered and I am sure they would oblige you.Touche!

JohnGalt23g
11-29-2011, 04:21 AM

How do you think they got to be billionaires?

lucent
11-29-2011, 04:24 AM
How do you think they got to be billionaires?

Investing wisely.

dante
11-29-2011, 05:55 AM
The campaign is focusing hard on IA and NH. Maybe we should be focusing our efforts more on FL and SC to make sure we don't lose any momentum. Winning IA doesn't guarantee us any more states. Huckabee didn't win SC or FL after winning IA. We don't want to lose any momentum we get from IA.

Birdlady
11-29-2011, 05:59 AM
I suggest some of you actually read what Adam T said about the DVD's. It will clear up some issues you are having about it. DVD's are not going out not only because of money but more importantly time. Unless we have a time machine, then there's no reason to argue about it any more. Nothing can be done.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?332782-It-looks-like-RevPak-is-switching-to-links-to-For-Liberty-from-DVD-2-reach-more-people&p=3783097&viewfull=1#post3783097

Eric21ND
11-29-2011, 06:27 AM
The campaign is focusing hard on IA and NH. Maybe we should be focusing our efforts more on FL and SC to make sure we don't lose any momentum. Winning IA doesn't guarantee us any more states. Huckabee didn't win SC or FL after winning IA. We don't want to lose any momentum we get from IA.
Had Huckabee ran a better campaign and had more cash he very well could've won SC. He only lost by a few percentages points the way it was. I'll also say had Huckabee won SC he would've been the nominee, so he made a critical mistake.

parocks
11-29-2011, 07:32 AM

One thing to consider is that something changed in terms of postal costs. Mailing the DVD became much more expensive. Something about machineable. I'm pleased that victory has been declared. I would think that if there's a DVD that exists, people could go door to door with it?

squirekyle
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I Agree with ditching the DVD's. I watched it online and I was like: eh, good for supporters, not so good for converting newcomers, no issues, just the start of the movement. If people want to see it, they will watch it on YouTube via the code. I'm more concerned with getting brochures out to SC and FL than DVD's. Believe me, the brochure is what caught my eye.

scottincr
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Is REVPAK a scam? The RevPak raised $90,000 plus dollars promoting a mailing of a DVD, Super Brochure and letter from Tom Woods to the Iowa and NH supervoters. Then they cancelled the mailing of the DVD for cost and logistical reasons...now they are no longer sending the Super Brochure? WTF.....Either this is a scam or complete incompetence! Either way it is bad for the promoting Ron Paul to the Iowa Caucus. The Rev Pak should return the fund immediately to donors so they can redeploy the funds in a more effective manner.

It is a critical time in the process and we can not afford these amateur mistakes.

Oddone
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Is REVPAK a scam? The RevPak raised $90,000 plus dollars promoting a mailing of a DVD, Super Brochure and letter from Tom Woods to the Iowa and NH supervoters. Then they cancelled the mailing of the DVD for cost and logistical reasons...now they are no longer sending the Super Brochure? WTF.....Either this is a scam or complete incompetence! Either way it is bad for the promoting Ron Paul to the Iowa Caucus. The Rev Pak should return the fund immediately to donors so they can redeploy the funds in a more effective manner.

It is a critical time in the process and we can not afford these amateur mistakes.

What are you talking about? Where did they say they aren't mailing the SuperBrochure?

scottincr
11-29-2011, 01:25 PM
The RevPak sent the below email out and it says they are going to send out an "informative brochure" I also read an email posted by ronpaulproducts that the RevPak has not purchased any brochures. Which indicates they are NOT mailing the Super Brochure. What will they be mailing? Additionally is the RevPak going to mail super voters ronpaulproducts has not mailed? Are they going to duplicate the efforts and WASTE the donors money by creating a new mailing and mailing the same people ronpaulproducts has already mailed? It appears as if the RevPak is no longer working with ronpaulproducts.

Given how they misrepresented the DVD mailing by not having the facts and being informed about the mailing costs and process. It is frightening to thing they are going to create and organize their own mailing in time for the caucus. They have done a complete bait and switch....this is a fraud...no?

Dear Lets_Race,

If you haven't yet donated yet to the Supervoter Bomb, this is your last chance. Tonight at 11:59pm CST the Supervoter Bomb will be over, which is just about 5 hours from now.

This is the last call. We need your help now to deliver envelopes to mailboxes in Iowa, which will help put Ron Paul in a solid first place with Supervoting Republicans. If you haven't read Tom Woods' powerful letter, do so right now. This letter, along with a virtual "For Liberty" DVD and informative brochure will convince people once and for all Ron Paul is the only candidate who deserves their vote in the January 3rd Iowa Caucus.

These mailings can win Iowa for Ron Paul, and I truly believe that. A win will change the dynamics of the race, giving Ron a huge boost of momentum going into New Hampshire, South Carolina, and the other early primary and caucus states. If we can help Ron Paul win Iowa, it's game on.

There will never be another chance to elect the greatest Congressman of our lifetimes to the office of President of the United States. This is everything we have all worked so hard for, and we are so close.

Please give your most generous donation now, and join the other 1,600+ individuals who have donated to RevPAC's Supervoter Bomb direct-mail project. If you can't donate please share our page on Facebook. We can do this.

Yours truly,

Chris Rye
Creative Director, RevolutionPAC

P.S. Remember, we've decided to end the Supervoter Bomb tonight at 11:59pm CST, which allows our mailers to go out even sooner to nearly 200,000 voting Republicans. Please donate now and we might just be able to reach all 295,000 Iowa Supervoters. Time is short. Tonight at 11:59pm CST is the deadline.

Visit SupervoterBomb.com right now and help us mail envelopes to Republican primary Supervoters!

kusok
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Why did the graph thing stop at ~92k?

parocks
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM

I have no idea what they were planning on doing before, or what they're planning on now, but if they folded their operations with what products.com is doing, most people who contributed to revpac will be satisfied enough. It could be seen as revpac putting their logo, their brand, on a project they liked, and then, when the time was right, folding it into products to make sure that the core, the lit, was sent to the people in Iowa.

I personally would prefer that as little money is given to the USPS as possible. Where possible, people on the ground in Iowa should be taking these super brochures door to door themselves. A precinct leader could do that themselves. A precinct leader could hire high school students or college students to do it. That way, the money is kept in house, and doesn't go to the federal government, who won't be contributing to the 12/16 tea party money bomb.

scottincr
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Parocks what are you talking about? The RevPak created a specific campaign to mail the Iowa and NH super voters a DVD, the Super Brochure and a letter and they raised money specifically for that purpose. The created a website at www.supervoterbomb.com to promote the fund raising.

What are you talking about?

GHoeberX
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
The RevPak sent the below email out and it says they are going to send out an "informative brochure" I also read an email posted by ronpaulproducts that the RevPak has not purchased any brochures. Which indicates they are NOT mailing the Super Brochure. What will they be mailing? Additionally is the RevPak going to mail super voters ronpaulproducts has not mailed? Are they going to duplicate the efforts and WASTE the donors money by creating a new mailing and mailing the same people ronpaulproducts has already mailed? It appears as if the RevPak is no longer working with ronpaulproducts.

Hey scott, how do you know that the "informative brochure" is different from the "Super brochure"? Perhaps it's one and the same.

As I read on dailypaul: "they've scrapped the DVD due to unforeseen processing issues. So instead of 90,000 Brochures + DVD's, they're going to send out 180,000 brochures."

scottincr
11-29-2011, 02:24 PM
The RevPak...just posted on the Daily Paul forum that they will be creating their own brochure and that they purchased their own mailing list. Which means they will be duplicating the efforts of RPP and given their track record in delivering...it is very concerning in the least.

parocks
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Parocks what are you talking about? The RevPak created a specific campaign to mail the Iowa and NH super voters a DVD, the Super Brochure and a letter and they raised money specifically for that purpose. The created a website at www.supervoterbomb.com to promote the fund raising.

What are you talking about?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that if they are folding it in with what ronpaulproducts.com is doing, it would be fine. Pretty much. All they really have to do is take that 90K, and give that money to ronpaulproducts. Buying lots of precincts. It appears that you see it differently. And I think some will see it differently.

I have attacked revpac before. But in this particular post, I'm taking the opposite side. I completely see your point. They said they'd do one thing, and they aren't. My argument is that this isn't a catastrophic failure. Money was raised, and it's pretty much going where it's supposed to.

Karsten
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
They got required 90k for Iowa. Iowa is covered but no clue why they took it down. We still got NH

I know what the hell. Last I checked the primaries were more than a month away and plenty of time to get the required to finish Iowa and start NH if they would just leave it up. Wasn't it supposed to end Thursday anyway?

parocks
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM
The RevPak...just posted on the Daily Paul forum that they will be creating their own brochure and that they purchased their own mailing list. Which means they will be duplicating the efforts of RPP and given their track record in delivering...it is very concerning in the least.

If Revpac is starting from scratch, I would hope that they not give 80% of the money to the Federal Government.

Make the brochures, and send them, in bulk, to Iowa, along with $$$. People on the ground can get PAID to go door to door dropping off these brochures.

Most of the money - over 80% - is going to the USPS, and that's just not who you want to get the money.

If Ron Paul doesn't have grassroots supporters who can make this happen somewhat efficiently, then use the United States Postal Service.

We really need ground game, and this money - which is going to the USPS, the Federal Government - can be used to build the ground game in Iowa.

PAID CANVASSERS WANTED IN IOWA.

gls
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
It sucks having to use USPS but direct mail works. If they didn't have a monopoly on first-class mail then it would be a different story. It's not as if the federal government adheres to a budget anyway.

What REALLY sucks is giving millions of dollars to the corporate media bastards to run campaign commercials in order to counter their flagrant bias. But that is what you have to do to compete I guess.

SchleckBros
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Everyone take a deep breath.

Iowa will soon be saturated with our mailers as Chris described in the email.

Everything is fine.

No one f'd up.

However, the day before thanksgiving, the post office notified bulk mailers in Florida of an upcoming holiday delay.

So, to cut the delay we decided to inject our mailers directly into the Iowa mailstream from within the state of Iowa, rather than from the edge of the United States in Florida.

Then Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products refused to sell us the brochures and our request to deliver the brochures to our Iowa Fulfillment Center.

Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products also refused provide us with a list of SuperVoters that needed to hear Ron's message.

To add insult to injury Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products attempted to assume editorial control over our mailer and our website.

I made repeated attempts via email to communicate a resolution. They decided that it was more important for us to bow to their list of demands rather than reach Iowa for Ron Paul.

So, I called the Iowa Secretary of State and spoke to a delightful lady named Anita from whom I purchased the list of 250,000 SuperVoters for $120.00 (yes, one hundred and twenty dollars)

I then secured printer to create our own brochure, letter, VDVD insert and envelope.

Now that we had an opportunity to create our own brochure, we decided to make it even better. So we created a brochure that would speak directly to Iowa voters, incorporate the critique's of the Ron Paul Products Brochure found on Daily Paul and Ron Paul Forums, and include our recently commissioned poll showing Ron in First Place.

Why Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products would risk loosing Iowa, deny hundreds of thousands of people the chance to know Ron Paul, and treat their biggest customer the way they did only God knows.

We'll never do business with Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products, and if you should choose to do business with them in the future that is up to you.

Now, stop your rumors, accusations, and falsehoods.

Everything we do is on the up and up. Too bad we can't speak for everyone on that.

So, everyone get back to work, we have Iowa to win, then on to the next state... then to the White House.

For liberty, for Ron Paul,
Gary Franchi

GHoeberX
11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products also refused provide us with a list of SuperVoters that needed to hear Ron's message.

To add insult to injury Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products attempted to assume editorial control over our mailer and our website.

I made repeated attempts via email to communicate a resolution. They decided that it was more important for us to bow to their list of demands rather than reach Iowa for Ron Paul.

So, I called the Iowa Secretary of State and spoke to a delightful lady named Anita from whom I purchased the list of 250,000 SuperVoters for $120.00 (yes, one hundred and twenty dollars)

I then secured printer to create our own brochure, letter, VDVD insert and envelope.

Now that we had an opportunity to create our own brochure, we decided to make it even better. So we created a brochure that would speak directly to Iowa voters, incorporate the critique's of the Ron Paul Products Brochure found on Daily Paul and Ron Paul Forums, and include our recently commissioned poll showing Ron in First Place.

Why Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products would risk loosing Iowa, deny hundreds of thousands of people the chance to know Ron Paul, and treat their biggest customer the way they did only God knows.

We'll never do business with Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products, and if you should choose to do business with them in the future that is up to you.

Everything we do is on the up and up. Too bad we can't speak for everyone on that.

So, everyone get back to work, we have Iowa to win, then on to the next state... then to the White House.

Gary Franchi

Alright, thanks for sharing this information!

Oddone
11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
@SchleckBros - Will we get to see the new Brochure before it is sent out? I'd love to see what y'all have done with it, there were many good and not so great things about the SuperBrochure.

parocks
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
It sucks having to use USPS but direct mail works. If they didn't have a monopoly on first-class mail then it would be a different story. It's not as if the federal government adheres to a budget anyway.

What REALLY sucks is giving millions of dollars to the corporate media bastards to run campaign commercials in order to counter their flagrant bias. But that is what you have to do to compete I guess.

We can use door to door paid canvassers to deliver our lit.

Lord Xar
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
What about New Hampshire!! I hope you all are not forgetting about that state!

gls
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
We can use door to door paid canvassers to deliver our lit.

Sounds expensive. Especially when you're targeting super voters who don't necessarily live close to each other.

parocks
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Everyone take a deep breath.

Iowa will soon be saturated with our mailers as Chris described in the email.

Everything is fine.

No one f'd up.

However, the day before thanksgiving, the post office notified bulk mailers in Florida of an upcoming holiday delay.

So, to cut the delay we decided to inject our mailers directly into the Iowa mailstream from within the state of Iowa, rather than from the edge of the United States in Florida.

Then Erik Petroni and Curt Schultz of Ron Paul Paul Products refused to sell us the brochures and our request to deliver the brochures to our Iowa Fulfillment Center.

Gary Franchi

One thing that's good, right off the bat, is that the brochure will be different. It appears that people will be getting brochures from 2 different places. Instead of people getting the same brochure from 2 different places, they're getting a different brochure from 2 different places. That's an improvement right there.

I'm always in favor of cutting out tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in USPS costs. It appears that you might be setting up a system that could accommodate that.

It appears you're having the lit printed somewhere, then shipped directly to Iowa. 250K brochures in Iowa? That would certainly allow people to go to the place where all the brochures are, and picking up some.

Now, of course, we're talking about hitting the people who voted in the General in 08 and 10 twice. The USPS is getting paid twice. Which I think is a drawback.

Let's assume that most places will not have the people to go door to door. A system should be set up to allow those places that do have people to go door to door to do so.

parocks
11-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Sounds expensive. Especially when you're targeting super voters who don't necessarily live close to each other.

I did the math. It's cheaper, depending on specifics.

You start with someone who wants to do it.

ronpaulproducts numbers are basically 48 cents to mail each one.

20 houses - $10.

The idea is not to make sure the USPS is not delivering anything.

The idea is to allow people to do this, where available, instead of the USPS.

Volunteers on the ground in Iowa might be doing this type of thing for free. But they'd get lit, a list, and money mailed to their house, after they agree to take care of this.

The people who don't want to do this won't be signing up to do this.

People could just hit their neighborhood, and use the money to go to the post office and put stamps on the mail, if they find they've bitten off more than they can chew.

We really have to get people on the ground in Iowa involved as much as we can. And, really, to me at least, that's as much the point as sending a different version of lit they're already getting, on top of the official lit they're getting from the campaign.

The cost is exactly the same. If no one wants to do it, they don't do it. We tell them how many pieces of lit to deliver, and where to, and how much money they get for doing that. The Iowans on the ground decide if they want to do it.

The USPS will not be taking the money we give them, and sending it to Ron Paul on a money bomb day. These people we are giving money to to deliver lit might take that money and give it right back to Ron Paul. Or they could buy that itunes song.

The question is: where is this money going? When you give it all to the government, it's gone. When you give it to a Ron Paul Supporter, it might go right back to Ron Paul, or go to something else beneficial to Ron Paul.

parocks
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
What about New Hampshire!! I hope you all are not forgetting about that state!

Let Shemdogg worry about New Hampshire. Half kidding.

Send him the brochures, and then let him figure out how to get them where they should go. He has a PAC now. Send him money.

Eric21ND
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
And will these magical Iowans by the thousands coordinate to distribute literature to targeted Republican voters in all 99 counties within 30 days? Even if we had 6 months to do that it would be a Herculean task.

Ask not, what can I do to derail Iowa, but rather, what can I do to ensure victory! Live by that tenet parocks and you'll never incur my wrath.

parocks
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
And will these magical Iowans by the thousands coordinate to distribute literature to targeted Republican voters in all 99 counties within 30 days? Even if we had 6 months to do that it would be a Herculean task.

Ask not, what can I do to derail Iowa, but rather, what can I do to ensure victory! Live by that tenet parocks and you'll never incur my wrath.

It's not complicated at all.

If the people aren't there to do the work, that's no big deal. Just mail them then.

However, if people ARE there to do the work, under those circumstances, then they take care of it.

Either A (USPS) or B (Canvassers).

Really simple.

B's take chunks out of A.

All that's necessary is the ability to send a bunch of brochures, a list and money to someone on the ground in Iowa. That isn't tricky.

The brochures aren't even made yet.

squirekyle
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
9,410 almost there...

tsetsefly
12-06-2011, 06:28 AM
How is the mailing going? Will this be done with NH as well?

neverseen
12-06-2011, 07:02 AM
We paid for a superbrochure, dvd, and letter mailed directly to the supervoter. Now we don't get a dvd. i don't see why we don't need to have it shipped either. I also don't understand why we have to beg for updates while time ticks out. How are we not getting communication from the PAC about this? We give them $100,000 they give us weekly or less updates. *sigh*