PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, all Herman Cain supporters!

realtonygoodwin
11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Welcome Herman Cain supporters!
Mr. Cain has inspired and motivated thousands, and perhaps millions, of Americans. His bold economic vision, charismatic delivery, plain-spoken, humorous personality, rags to riches story, and unquestioned business successes are things to be proud of. But now, for various reasons, you may be looking for another candidate to support.
You yourself now have an important decision to make. There are several fine candidates running for the GOP nomination. Only one is a staunchly pro-life, Christian, military veteran, Constitutional conservative who promotes true liberty...Dr. Ron Paul. You may have some disagreements with Dr. Paul on some issues, but if you contemplate what will be best for America, best for the unborn, best for smaller government, and best for the cause of liberty, I hope you will conclude the Dr. Ron Paul is the candidate who deserves your support. He has been faithfully married to the same woman for over 50 years, served his country honorably in the Air Force, and has never voted to increase spending. His bold economic plan cuts $1 trillion dollars in federal spending, and results in a balanced budget by year three. Dr. Paul consistently polls in the top three in both of the early states of Iowa and New Hampshire, and represents a clear choice to the big government "conservatives" Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. Thank you for your consideration.

DamianTV
11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the Warm Welcome! I wont feel alone and isolated, er, wait, oh yeah! I almost forgot the only person I have supported since 2007 was Ron Paul!

I do kind of hope this thread gets some posts from Cain converts...

realtonygoodwin
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Lol

trey4sports
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
hopefully that one dude who was trollin' the last herman cain supporter thread will come back.

oyarde
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome & Greetings !

jacmicwag
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Great write-up. I am going to cut and paste into a few blogs if it is okay with you.

jeremiah89
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Would anyone here see a problem with posting this on the Herman Cain facebook page? I don't want to further alienate any of them.

realtonygoodwin
11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Great write-up. I am going to cut and paste into a few blogs if it is okay with you.

Go ahead.

FreeTraveler
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Would anyone here see a problem with posting this on the Herman Cain facebook page? I don't want to further alienate any of them.It's probably every bit as good an idea as going to Iraq and Afghanistan and telling them how they're doing it all wrong.

Non-intervention - not just for FedGov. :)

zerosdontcount
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
yeah don't post on their facebook page.

vechorik
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I volunteered for the phone from home and talked with a nice lady today who changed her mind from Mr. Cain to Dr. Paul. We chatted quite awhile and she thanked everyone who is working for Dr. Paul

Romulus
11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome - I think I'll like this Ron Paul guy. :)

DamianTV
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I volunteered for the phone from home and talked with a nice lady today who changed her mind from Mr. Cain to Dr. Paul. We chatted quite awhile and she thanked everyone who is working for Dr. Paul

I've been on the phone as well, and found that a LOT of people are quite open top Ron Paul. They chose to tell me they support other candidates usually because they didnt think that Ron Paul had a chance of winning, but when I explained to them that everyone I had talked to was pretty much the same way, they got the big picture that the tremendous support that Ron Paul has isnt just limited to Grassroots anymore. These people still need a good solid push to make sure that Ron Paul gets elected.

nobody's_hero
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Is Cain out or something?

realtonygoodwin
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Not yet, but he is "reassessing" his bid, and losing support by the double digits.

realtonygoodwin
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Rumor is that he will probably drop out tomorrow.

green73
12-03-2011, 01:26 PM
bump

realtonygoodwin
12-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks!

I am hoping we could get this or a similar message on the front page, as we did when Tim Pawlenty dropped out.

ryanmkeisling
12-03-2011, 02:05 PM
People are definitely opening up to Paul now that the field is narrowing. But Cain >> Paul just doesn't seem like it will happen, it would take a real sea change for people to make that migration. Total opposites? Am I crazy?

Don't get me wrong I would like to see as many as possible but it seems like a real jump from one to the other. I love how positive you folks are about it though.

vechorik
12-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks -- I posted this to some blogs as an invitation -- gave this web address.

LibertyEagle
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
People are definitely opening up to Paul now that the field is narrowing. But Cain >> Paul just doesn't seem like it will happen, it would take a real sea change for people to make that migration. Total opposites? Am I crazy?

Don't get me wrong I would like to see as many as possible but it seems like a real jump from one to the other. I love how positive you folks are about it though.

I don't think it would be a big jump at all, given that many of his supporters viewed Cain as anti-status quo and not an insider. The same is true with Huckabee supporters. Paul is a logical jump for them too, as they viewed Huckabee as being a small government guy.

vechorik
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't think it would be a big jump at all, given that many of his supporters viewed Cain as anti-status quo and not an insider. The same is true with Huckabee supporters. Paul is a logical jump for them too, as they viewed Huckabee as being a small government guy.

I agree. Mr. Cain's supporters are anti-Romney. We just need to educate them so they don't go to Newt's camp.

realtonygoodwin
12-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I've talked to several Cain supporters for whom Ron was their second choice. Unfortunately, the biggest thing they cited in opposition was the way Ron Paul supporters were rude.

neverseen
12-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Posted to my local craigslist politics section under community (highly active, lots of paul supporters lurking). I recommend you do the same asap.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/pol/2734345701.html

Great little letter, thank OP, +rep

Mr. Cain has inspired and motivated thousands, and perhaps millions, of Americans. His bold economic vision, charismatic delivery, plain-spoken, humorous personality, rags to riches story, and unquestioned business successes are things to be proud of. But now, for various reasons, you may be looking for another candidate to support.

You yourself now have an important decision to make. There are several fine candidates running for the GOP nomination.

Only one is a staunchly pro-life, Christian, military veteran, Constitutional conservative who promotes true liberty...Dr. Ron Paul.

You may have some disagreements with Dr. Paul on some issues, but if you contemplate what will be best for America, best for the unborn, best for smaller government, and best for the cause of liberty, I hope you will conclude the Dr. Ron Paul is the candidate who deserves your support. He has been faithfully married to the same woman for over 50 years, served his country honorably in the Air Force, and has never voted to increase spending. His bold economic plan cuts $1 trillion dollars in federal spending, and results in a balanced budget by year three.

Dr. Paul consistently polls in the top three in both of the early states of Iowa and New Hampshire, and represents a clear choice to the big government "conservatives" Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. Thank you for your consideration.

Feel free to email me for more information about Dr. Paul and the local grassroots effort in the Tampa Bay Area.