PDA

View Full Version : Offline Money Bomb

jp5065
11-06-2007, 11:03 PM
So how about for the next money bomb we all call in our donations and spend all day calling other people telling them to call in and donate...

Show the world that we are not just the internet...

Maybe a two day thing? Like Friday -Saturday, that way they could finish counting all the donations on Sunday and it would make the papers Monday morning.

Any thoughts?

Austin
11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Great idea. It wouldn't be as successful though, as people are lazy and the phone lines couldn't handle us. I think the rally will be pretty successful.

EvilEngineer
11-06-2007, 11:08 PM
First off, welcome to the forums!

This is kind of an old approach to things, not saying it doesn't work, but defiantly not the style we are going for. The major problem is that we get "pledges" instead of hard traceable donations doing calling like this, and since we do this at the grassroots level it would be hard if not impossible to get accurate records to the campaign.

This is something that a top-down campaign would do, and technically "are" doing as we speak.

theseus51
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Hmm, I think it's way cheaper for them to process online donations though. If you write a check, someone has to manually enter information about the donor and catalog it. Or manually enter data from a phone donation. I'm assuming Ron Paul's staff is small, and so I wouldn't want to create any unnecessary work for them. If people can donate online, I'd encourage it. =)