PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Should Hold HEARINGS on the SECRET FED BAILOUTS

wgadget
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/economy-a-budget/195707-ron-paul-should-hold-hearings-on-secret-fed-bailouts

wstrucke
11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
holy crap, that's a golden opportunity right there.

mport1
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes. He needs to capitalize on this for sure.

mello
11-29-2011, 01:31 AM
He should also invite Peter Schiff to tear them a new one.

Feeding the Abscess
11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Ron stated that some of the jurisdiction involving oversight of the Fed was removed from his subcommittee and placed into another committee.

ronpaulyourmom
11-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Hearings would be pretty cool if they got publicity.

I always get upset at articles like this though that talk about cumulative discount window amounts. People, Ron Paul included, throw around numbers in the trillions for emphasis, but I think a more relevant number would be the total outstanding at any given point in time. Adding up all the rolling overnight loan amounts is a bit misleading.

That said, not a huge deal, because the I'm sure the loans are still quite large regardless, and there's many other issues like moral hazard, fractional reserve banking, etc... that are harder to discuss, so in a sense using big numbers like that helps compensate for what can't be explained in 30 seconds.

S.Shorland
11-29-2011, 05:17 AM
Yes on Judge AN's show he said he had been hamstrung to a degree.
Ron stated that some of the jurisdiction involving oversight of the Fed was removed from his subcommittee and placed into another committee.

hazek
11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I guess people still don't understand that he can't ask Bernanke too come and he wont get a live broadcast on CSPAN or any other TV station. Like all of his hearings it would have just been ignored by most.

Travlyr
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Lol... the rabbit hole runs deep.