PDA

View Full Version : Phonebanking question: what if voter does not want to disclose?

LibertyProsperity_56
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
I made a little over 50 phone calls this evening, and two people said "I will not disclose my voting preference" & "That's personal, none of your business" in response to the first question on the script. Have you encountered this before? If so, do you tell them at that point that this phone call is on behalf of Ron Paul? Or do you just thank them and end the call? I did the latter, but I wonder if I could have done more (e.g. telling them the purpose of the call?). Thank you for your help!

SchleckBros
11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I just thank them and end the call. If they don't want to answer they're most likely perturbed, so saying the phone call is on behalf of Ron Paul is counterproductive.

KCIndy
11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I haven't had it happen before, but in that situation the only thing I can think of would be to hit "undecided" and continue on to the "issues" questions, if the person is still willing to talk.... Might at least be able to get some useful follow up info that way.

Most importantly, though - THANKS for making those calls!

ronpaulhawaii
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I haven't had it happen before, but in that situation the only thing I can think of would be to hit "undecided" and continue on to the "issues" questions, if the person is still willing to talk.... Might at least be able to get some useful follow up info that way.

Most importantly, though - THANKS for making those calls!

^ That.

"Yes, I understand, [undecided] and I just have one more quick question,..."

LibertyProsperity_56
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok, thanks! This is great advice. I will try that approach next time it happens. Back to phonebanking.

vechorik
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM
When I get an irritable response that it's private, etc. I ask if they would like to be placed on the "do not call list". They often say "please do and thank you" I never get to mention Ron Paul's name. Why would I want to say it to an "irritated person?"

I have another question. Some answer the poll as "undecided" and then HANG UP! I'm left with the issues questions unanswered. What to do?

Suzu
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Some answer the poll as "undecided" and then HANG UP! I'm left with the issues questions unanswered. What to do?
I wonder if the issues questions should be handled first?

vechorik
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I made 267 calls today and when the person said "undecided" and hung up ----- I clicked "call finished" and it went to the next called person. I guess the poll people know what to do with such an "incomplete poll" Still haven't had clarification on that.

Agorism
11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
What's that website on tone and such? I saw some Facebook site earlier, but I don't use that.

Sometimes i think that script makes you sound overly mechanical or something.