PDA

View Full Version : OWS friendly Mayor of Richmond uses government to stomp on Tea Party Group

Cowlesy
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh because this "champion of civil rights" is objective.

The back story is the Richmond Occupy group has had tacit support from the Mayor (he visited them in support). For TWO WEEKS they just took over the square, meanwhile the Tea Party group had to get licenses, pay the city and support services, etc.

Well good on the Tea Party, they demanded a refund for their costs, since hey, if Richmond Occupy gets to protest free of charge, why shouldn't the Tea Party?

Well what does "child of Civil Rights" mayor Dwight Jones think?

He's launching a comprehensive audit of the Tea Party group's business license.

Good to be in charge, isn't it?

http://biggovernment.com/cowens/2011/11/28/richmond-city-audits-local-tea-party-after-standoff-with-mayor/

DamianTV
11-28-2011, 07:43 PM

He's launching a comprehensive audit of the Tea Party group's business license.

Who the fuck allowed this idea that Protestors Require a License to Protest get turned into a Law in the first place? Whoever they are, they need to be taken to the Stocks and hung out to dry, for like 10 years.

ryanmkeisling
11-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Who the fuck allowed this idea that Protestors Require a License to Protest get turned into a Law in the first place? Whoever they are, they need to be taken to the Stocks and hung out to dry, for like 10 years.

I agree. While I support both groups, this mayor sounds like a jackass. More and more , I am inclined to agree with you guys that the majority of OWS is left leaning and misguided. Then again I do not see it as much of a unified group in what it truly stands for or what it wants to change. My hope was they would smarten up, unify behind liberty principles and fold into the liberty movement at large. This still could happen, we just need a polarizing event...

DamianTV
11-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Same thing happened in Rome. When everything finally started falling apart, there were protests back then as well, expect instead of demanding Freedom from Government, they wanted MORE Government Services to be provided to them at someone elses expense. They do not quite understand that the ultimate freedom they can have is to be responsible for ones self with the ability to provide for ones self.

edit: Im gonna ammend this, that statement sounds too Anarchistic for my tastes. I dont believe there should be absolutely NO Government, but I do believe that at either end of the extreme, the people are the ones to suffer.

The Proper Limitation of Government makes Everyone More Free.