PDA

View Full Version : PPP Poll tweet: Ron Paul polled better in the general electionthan Newt Gingrich in AZ&PA

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
ppppolls PublicPolicyPolling
Ron Paul polled better in the general election than Newt Gingrich on both our AZ and PA polls last week: tinyurl.com/7wsbma2

//

and from the linked poll write up:

Obama does have a chance in the state if the GOP nominates someone other than Romney though.

Current GOP frontrunner Newt Gingrich can only achieve a tie in the state with Obama at 45% each. Numbers we released last week showed that Gingrich is the first choice of Republicans in the state, but he just can't match Romney's appeal to Democrats and independents. Where Romney has an 11 point advantage over Obama with independents, Gingrich leads him by just a single point with that group. And where Romney gets 16% of the Democratic vote, Gingrich can only get 12%. It's pretty clear who Republicans need to go with if their first priority is defeating Obama.

Gingrich actually isn't the second strongest Republican against Obama. That honor goes to Ron Paul who leads the President by a single point at 44-43. Most striking in Paul's numbers is a 55-28 advantage with independents. We really are finding on most polls that Paul is the strongest candidate with those voters out of Obama and the entire Republican field. Paul did better overall against Obama than Gingrich on both our Pennsylvania and Arizona polls last week.

Obama has clear leads against 2 other Republican candidates: he's up 46-42 on Herman Cain and 47-40 on Rick Perry. Perry's favorability numbers continues to register at astonishingly low levels: only 17% of voters in the state have a positive opinion of him to 67% with a negative one.

but the tweet says in BOTH polls, so there must be another, PA one, as well.

rp08orbust
11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Duh (PPP).

Edit: And PPP isn't just discovering this dirty secret, either.

tsai3904
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Can you merge my thread with yours? Sorry.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?333116-PPP-Poll-Arizona-General-Election-Ron-Paul-Beats-Obama-by-27-with-Indys&p=3785836

satchelmcqueen
11-28-2011, 04:24 PM
bumpity

bluesc
11-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Ron literally owns the independent vote. Paul or four more years of Obama.

speciallyblend
11-28-2011, 04:56 PM
must of killed ppp to have to type that. Win Iowa and NH and ppp will have to sit in their own crap!

UtahApocalypse
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Ron literally owns the independent vote. Paul or four more years of Obama.

Sad thing is the Establishment GOP rather have 4 more years of Obama then 1 of Ron Paul

bluesc
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Sad thing is the Establishment GOP rather have 4 more years of Obama then 1 of Ron Paul

Sad thing is they are irrelevant.

TER
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Sad thing is they are irrelevant.

They are becoming so, but don't underestimate them. Some of the world's most ruthless and merciless people yield a lot power in the GOP. This establishment arm of the party will not go down without a fight. We should be ready for anything.

11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Ron is popular in my part of PA. He got 18% around here last time, if that follows the current trend of about double the support last time, expect him to get 30-40% of the vote this time. I'm finding out about more of them all the time, the other day my kids both came home and told my their friends parents are voting for Ron.

kill the banks
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
this is v interesting