PDA

View Full Version : Raising funds for Ron Paul billboard in Cedar Rapids IA

djruden
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/246134072118145/

Local Ron Paul groups are all chipping in to get a LED billboard advertisement. It would be seen on the interstate on the south side of Cedar Rapids. Needs to be finalized by the 2nd and it will run until caucus time. I'm at work and can't access facebook so I retyped the link from my phone and hope it works for you. Check it out and help if you can!

Together we can win this thing!

djruden
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
bump

Badger for Paul
11-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Is there a chip-in for this or other non-Facebook way to help for those of us who aren't on Bookface?

djruden
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Is there a chip-in for this or other non-Facebook way to help for those of us who aren't on Bookface?

Unfortunately the ones setting it up didn't go that route. Instead it's the old school 'checks by mail'. Or if you are Iowan like me, it's delivered personally :D

MelissaWV
11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately the ones setting it up didn't go that route. Instead it's the old school 'checks by mail'. Or if you are Iowan like me, it's delivered personally :D

It takes very little effort to set up a ChipIn. Unfortunately, without that, you are limiting the ability of folks on the forums to donate :(

ZanZibar
11-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Don't you think that if the campaign thought that a billboard was a good idea they would've bought one?

PursuePeace
11-29-2011, 08:16 PM

yeah, a chip-in would be great.
I'm not on spacebook either.
I mean myface.
whatever..

Eric21ND
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I'd recommend spending the $3000 it would cost for the sign and instead getting materials (Super Brochures, DVDs, etc) and doing some targeted canvassing. It's not as sexy as purchasing a billboard, but it is a lot more effective in getting people to vote for your guy.

FBappDev
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Good Billboards that follow industry standards best practices for Billboard design are extremely effective at reaching a target market for less money than any other form of advertising.

Bad Billboards, that do not follow the Best Practices of billboard design are a waste of money, and time.

Bruno
11-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Don't you think that if the campaign thought that a billboard was a good idea they would've bought one?

Answered below. Grassroots and official campaign can both work towards the same goals (get Ron Paul elected) in their own way.

Good Billboards that follow industry standards best practices for Billboard design are extremely effective at reaching a target market for less money than any other form of advertising.

Bad Billboards, that do not follow the Best Practices of billboard design are a waste of money, and time.