PDA

View Full Version : Romney would get *slaughtered* by Obama in an election...

Fredom101
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Here's why:

1. A large amount of voters are not comfortable electing a mormon. However the media tries to spin this, his mormonism hurts him as a candidate.

2. The "devil you know" theory applies here. Yes, democrats are overwhelmingly disappointed with Obama. But, the fact is, Romney is so similar to Obama on the issues that even the average voter paying a tiny bit of attention will default to Obama, because he is the "devil they know" vs. something that might be "worse".

3. If Romney gets the GOP nomination, he does not get the Ron Paul vote. Whether Ron runs as an independent at that point or not, RP voters will either vote for Ron or stay home on election day in droves. This is around 10% (or more) of Romney's potential totals.

Romney has really no chance of becoming president, even with the media trying to give it to him. Although he could always try to rig it, but, this time I don't think that would work- too much riding against him for people to buy it.

bluesc
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
If the GOP nominates a moderate, they lose. Forget his religious beliefs. They need a conservative, and the only conservative running is Ron. Bonus is that he has tons of crossover appeal.

Czolgosz
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
The local "republitarian" on the radio here in L.A. is already calling the nominee to be either Romney or Gingrich. What a dick.

Schiff_FTW
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Same thing with Newt except replace "Mormonism" with "multiple extramarital affairs". I just don't see the Christian Right coming out for that. I hope not, anyway. As a voting bloc they do seem to be easily manipulated.

acptulsa
11-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Anyone but Ron Paul would get slaughtered by Obama, for the 'devil you know' reason alone. Romney probably not as badly as the others, but slaughtered nonetheless.

The only way to beat him is to give people some of the things that Obama promised but didn't deliver, not to be the same thing Obama beat four years ago. Another McCain is not going to fly. The voters haven't changed their mind about what they want. But a lot of them hae figured out what we knew all along--that Obama will never deliver it.

Ron Paul promises enough of the same things, and will deliver. Therefore, he's more than electable. He's just what the doctor ordered.

Darthbrooklyn
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Obama would destroy either Gingrich or Romney... Guaranteed!!

Fredom101
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Obama would destroy either Gingrich or Romney... Guaranteed!!

Yes. Gingrich is just another McCain to most people (stuffy old white man in a suit)...he would actually fair worse than McCain because of his past transgressions and his weight issue.

Darthbrooklyn
11-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Im seriously puzzled as to why the GOP Kingmakers and Elite dont understand or see that getting behind Paul would be their best chance for the GOP to take back the WH. Obama WILL beat Gingrich or Romney on Fredom101s points alone. Then you have to factor in buyers remorse democrats and independents that Ron Paul would bring in.. None of the other candidates have crossover appeal.. zero, zilch.. It seems the GOP elite and the MSM continually focus on the short game (the nomination) but dont see the big picture (who can beat Obama).. Im not saying this because i support Paul, but I just dont see anyone else beating Obama..It just wont happen.

iamse7en
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Same thing with Newt except replace "Mormonism" with "multiple extramarital affairs". I just don't see the Christian Right coming out for that. I hope not, anyway. As a voting bloc they do seem to be easily manipulated.

Voters are much more likely to vote for an adulterer than a Mormon. It's quite sad, but true. Ironically, as a Mormon, I would never vote for an adulterer. If a man's own wife can't even trust him, how I can I trust him in a den of thieves who promise him whatever he wants.

James Madison
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM

All you have to do is hate gays and muslims to appeal to the 'moral majority'.

Fredom101
11-28-2011, 02:59 PM

Maybe one day we as a society will move past all this asininery!

pauliticalfan
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
No shit. Why do you think the Obama campaign is already launching attacks on Romney? Because they know this will fire up Republicans and get them to want to nominate Romney, which is exactly what Team Obama wants. They have so much dirt on Romney and an entire strategy planned that having Romney be their opponent would be gold to them. The only one who stands a chance is Ron.

Muwahid
11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Anyone but Paul will lose against Obama, because they're too similar to the old neocon administration. Obama has built up merit among people, like Bush did by the end of his first term, people reelected bush because he was just kickin' ass around the world, people were still mad about 9/11, Obama took down OBL, Awlaki, and others, and I think he'll ride that wave to beat any republican.

J-Reg
11-28-2011, 03:17 PM
This is ironic. Speaking of someone getting blown out in a general, I was just conversing with my father in law about Ron Paul. He thinks that Ron is better than the current Prez., but still hasn't decided. He hasn't really eliminated any Republican yet from consideration but Romney. He would vote for Paul in a heartbeat in the general. He worries about "electability". I told him that Ron draws Independents and Democrats. He doesn't seem swayed. He has not been doing any real investigating of the candidates besides reading the Daily Caller sometimes, or so it seems. I feel like banging my head on a rock. I talked for about an hour with him, pointed out Gingrich's many flaws, showed him how Gingrich is an anti-conservative, and I got..... nothing. I live in Alabama, so hopefully Ron will be riding high by the time our primary arrives, and the "electability" issue will be a non-issue by then. Of course, he still wants to be ready to go to war at the drop of a hat, and seems to want us to send eleventysquillian dollars to Israel everyday forever. *sigh* This post may seem off topic, but hopefully it's not too much off. Once he sees that the other guys would get squashed in a general, he will be left with no one else but Ron. That, or I will have to hope he forgets to vote on primary day!

Aratus
11-28-2011, 08:56 PM
herman cain is at his darndest, GOTO todays news

mport1
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Gays, Muslims, and immigrants.

speciallyblend
11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Anyone but Ron Paul would get slaughtered by Obama, for the 'devil you know' reason alone. Romney probably not as badly as the others, but slaughtered nonetheless.

The only way to beat him is to give people some of the things that Obama promised but didn't deliver, not to be the same thing Obama beat four years ago. Another McCain is not going to fly. The voters haven't changed their mind about what they want. But a lot of them hae figured out what we knew all along--that Obama will never deliver it.

Ron Paul promises enough of the same things, and will deliver. Therefore, he's more than electable. He's just what the doctor ordered.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dary
11-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Well obviously Mitt thinks he can win.

I mean, didn't he spend like 50 million dollars of his own money in the last election? I'm not sure exactly how much it was, but it was a huge amount. He could spend at least that much again on this election.

I'm not sure either about how much he's worth, but geez, how much is he willing to lose? He must be thinking he can win, otherwise... shit man, there just comes a time when ya gotta cut your losses and be done with it.

How much jack does this guy have?

I wish he would hire me as his financial adviser, cuz I have a sure way to save him 50 mil or so.

Hey Mitt if you're listening, do yourself a favor. Drop out man.

It ain't gonna happen. You are NEVER gonna be president.

In fact, all you other candidates ought to just give it up and put your cash into backing a winner.

No one but Paul.

Aratus
11-29-2011, 12:05 AM
right after SUPERTUESDAY he cut himself a 42 million dollar check and eliminated a campaign debt,
so he could run in 2012 without a lingering debt. he took in 60 million dollars and sank into the red.

silentshout
11-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Any of the GOP candidates barring Paul or possibly Huntsman will get crushed by Obama. just my opinion of course :)

seapilot
11-29-2011, 12:51 AM
They all are players of the same team called status quo. Ron Paul would be the real challenge as he holds the sword of truth.

LEK
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
That's what this whole GOP struggle is about - WHO is the best candidate to lose to Obama.

"They" want him to stay right where he is...he is doing a very good job...though the gray hair is quite telling.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/may2009/5/1/barack-obama-pic-getty-814530704.jpg

FreeTraveler
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM
That's what this whole GOP struggle is about - WHO is the best candidate to lose to Obama.
There's the bottom line, right there. The machine would rather have Obama than Paul.