PDA

View Full Version : In Iowa, Gingrich Has Strong Numbers but Weak Organization, Say Power Outsiders

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 12:48 PM
http://cedarfalls.patch.com/articles/in-iowa-gingrich-has-strong-numbers-but-weak-organization-say-power-outsiders

bluesc
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
This week's survey focused on perceptions of the campaigns, and included a question asking simply: Which candidate has the best campaign organization in your state? The results, shown in the table below, vary considerably by state. In Iowa, Ron Paul leads the way, with 35 percent judging his campaign as strongest, followed by Michele Bachmann (21 percent), Rick Santorum (15 percent) and Rick Perry (8). Again, the two national frontrunners, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, rank near the bottom.

Romney gets the highest marks for organization in New Hampshire, where 53 percent of the Power Outsiders name his campaign as the strongest. No other candidate comes close, but the fact that Ron Paul ranks second (with 16 percent) may surprise some.

Make no mistake though, the activists, party and elected officials we interviewed continue to believe in the importance of grass-roots organization. On a question at the end of the survey, 78 percent of the Power Outsiders said they consider a strong grass-roots campaign essential to winning their state, while just 19 percent say it is not essential.

:D

NIU Students for Liberty
11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
How much organization did McCain have in the early primary states? The only reason why I'm asking is because like many others, I'm seeing a parallel between him and Gingrich this cycle. Although Gingrich does not possess a strong grassroots effort, isn't it plausible that he can bypass having "boots on the ground" with media coverage?

CUnknown
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
How much organization did McCain have in the early primary states? The only reason why I'm asking is because like many others, I'm seeing a parallel between him and Gingrich this cycle. Although Gingrich does not possess a strong grassroots effort, isn't it plausible that he can bypass having "boots on the ground" with media coverage?

Heh, well... McCain was supposedly principled and honest. Gingrich does not have that reputation, lol. Gingrich is a mess, there's no way he would be able to beat Obama, and so I don't think he's getting the nomination either.

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Heh, well... McCain was supposedly principled and honest. Gingrich does not have that reputation, lol. Gingrich is a mess, there's no way he would be able to beat Obama, and so I don't think he's getting the nomination either.

McCain supposedly stumped house to house to house never leaving New Hampshire. Huntsman is following his model, to some extent, and McCain took on debt before New Hampshire. Plus McCain had run before and still had some of that organization, just as Romney and Ron aren't starting from scratch entirely.

Student Of Paulism
11-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Eh...I have a bad feeling, that if RP surges more and wins Iowa, and takes 2nd in NH, and even wins SC, that something really ugly is going to happen. From what i have read over the years and all the despicable organizations and corrupt people in our government and other institutions, i think it is already taking place as well with Gingrich. I find it odd that a guy who had barely any campaign, with about 10 or so staffers who quit on him, is disorganized and actually in debt at the same time, suddenly comes out of nowhere and immediately bulldozes right past everyone, with the media all humping his leg? I mean, really. And then when you consider his endless baggage, ethics, principles and morals, and all his beliefs and policies that would do everything they can to weaken the country, well it just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

We all know the groups that Newt has affiliated himself with during his whole political career, the CFR being the worst and most vile of them, and other shadowy and puppet master groups who control so many influential people and inner-workings of our society. We also know how much they fear Ron Paul, and that they will do anything to squash anyone who gets in the way of their plans of global dominion of economies and currencies. It's no secret who runs most of that, and the billions of dollars he has, and that he would see Newt as being a son of his, since Newt believes in everything that piece of crap does; who has been controlling and killing this country for nearly 1/2 a century and has woven his evil grip into every fabric of America and is sucking the life right out of it. Who better, to give someone like Newt a shot in the arm with his money and influence?

Hell, he did the same thing with Jimmy Carter years ago, someone he knew would be so easily controlled and manipulated. Someone who most in his own party couldn't stand. Someone who had barely any of the dem's favor in most major polls, and was going nowhere. Then bang, he surges instantly and wins the nomination.

Sigh...i don't mean to rant and sound so pessimistic, but it is no secret what is out there--an enormous and viral conglomerate of overreach, control, money, manipulation, fear tactics, propaganda, intent on destroying the constitution daily. And at times, i wonder if it can ever be defeated. They only get involved when there is a threat to their establishment, just like Goldwater was. And Ron Paul and the people following him are the greatest threat its ever faced. Why do you think they keep asking every single day about the 3rd party run? It's all part of a contingency plan, and so they can strategize what measures can be taken if that ever happens. They are trying to prepare themselves way ahead of time. They never ask anyone else that crap.

I really hope David Rockefeller burns in hell, and that everyone who has helped further his cause, burns right along with him. It just really upsets me a great deal and depresses me when i think about it. I sometimes just find myself asking 'how did this ever happen?' or 'why did we allow it to happen?'

djruden
11-28-2011, 03:04 PM
McCain also ran for President previously before becoming the nominee so he had campaigned for years. Newt barely campaigns at all, too busy taking cruises and doing TV spots and this is his first time throwing his hat in the race. There's some pretty stark differences there so I don't think the comparison works at all. McCain also had the how POW thing going for him. Newt is a chicken hawk.