PDA

View Full Version : The Hill - Paul, like Luther, brings an organic, heroic response

airborne373
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM
The Hill's Bernie Quigley writes an article about Ron Paul denouncing the false idols of government. Comparing Paul to Martin Luther delivering Europe from the corrupt grip of Rome.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/195581-ron-paul-and-the-new-age-of-political-culture

KingNothing
11-28-2011, 12:47 PM
We've got a ton of Paul-praise coming in lately. Once we take Iowa and place in NH, I get the feeling that the "he's awesome, but he can't win and should run as a third party candidate" notions will shift to "he's awesome... CAN HE ACTUALLY WIN THIS THING?!!?"

Elwar
11-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Hmm...when I saw Luther I was hoping it was a comparison to Lex Luthor...

Singlehandedly fighting off the alien invader who brings nothing but trouble to Metropolis.

hazek
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
We've got a ton of Paul-praise coming in lately. Once we take Iowa and place in NH, I get the feeling that the "he's awesome, but he can't win and should run as a third party candidate" notions will shift to "he's awesome... CAN HE ACTUALLY WIN THIS THING?!!?"

Don't be naive. :rolleyes:

KramerDSP
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Bernie Quiqley has officially converted to Ron Paul 2012. His last article compared Paul to Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Gray Champion (http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/195325-the-gift-of-ron-paul-americas-gray-champion)" and Quiqley said he was thankful that Ron Paul was running for the presidency to remind the country of our founding ideals. Amazing article.

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Damned straight. Whether Quigley likes him or just likes him 'of the non-Romney's', I don't know, but I'll take it. But I don't like the third party language.

Beorn
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
As a reformed guy I LOVE this.

speciallyblend
11-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Damned straight. Whether Quigley likes him or just likes him 'of the non-Romney's', I don't know, but I'll take it. But I don't like the third party language.

i am sure the corrupt gop leaders don't either:):):):):):):):):). I guess the gop leadership better nominate Ron Paul then, problem solved;)

Brian4Liberty
11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Hmm...when I saw Luther I was hoping it was a comparison to Lex Luthor...

Humor aside, there is a grain of truth to how comparisons can be positive or negative, depending upon the audience...

LawnWake
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM

"He's awesome at winning Iowa, but he should run as a third party candidate nationally"

revgen
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Paul happens to be a Lutheran and two of his siblings are Lutheran ministers, so the description is appropriate.

Paulitics 2011
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I saw this earlier on my phone, and wanted to post it. That's a great piece of praise there.

Sola_Fide
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
The Hill's Bernie Quigley writes an article about Ron Paul denouncing the false idols of government. Comparing Paul to Martin Luther delivering Europe from the corrupt grip of Rome.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/195581-ron-paul-and-the-new-age-of-political-culture

I think the comparison is very appropriate (read my sig).

Sola_Fide
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
As a reformed guy I LOVE this.

Welcome here. There are a few of us Reformed folk on these boards.

Zarn Solen
11-28-2011, 04:13 PM
This is a disgusting piece. Martin Luther is certainly no hero to many people here in the US. I'm not saying people cannot look up to him, but this is just as much a hit piece on the RCC as it is promoting Ron Paul.

Sola_Fide
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
This is a disgusting piece. Martin Luther is certainly no hero to many people here in the US. I'm not saying people cannot look up to him, but this is just as much a hit piece on the RCC as it is promoting Ron Paul.

Oh relax. Some Roman Catholics in history have criticized their church for its tyranny. Lord Acton for example.

There would be no American liberty or capitalism without Luther, Calvin, and Knox. American liberty was born out of the reaction against the tyranny of Rome. You can't understand American history or liberty without understanding this.

Zarn Solen
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Martin Luther is a special case. Your assumptions are also wrong. The concept of liberty was around way before those folks.

Orgoonian
11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Martin Luther is a special case. Your assumptions are also wrong. The concept of liberty was around way before those folks.

I'm not trying to be an ass,but you really should study the reformation,and the new thinking it brought(for a short while)
Martin Luther was a great,and brave man,and deserves his place in history.

Zarn Solen
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I know history. It is a matter of perspectives. That's the first thing you always need to know. A strict Protestant viewpoint is not the whole history.

Revolution9
11-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Don't be naive. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Yer the voice of true experience.

Rev9