PDA

View Full Version : Which of the top 2 names?

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry if I'm stealing anyone's glory here by going ahead and posting this lol, but I think its clear now the two sites that are possibly going to be used for the Dec.15th and 16th events are weekendforliberty.com and teaparty07.com, so I figured we should have a poll on only those two so that the people that put their votes on some other site name can vote on which one of these they would rather have.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
well, between those two I'd go for weekendforliberty.com

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 10:40 PM
How did you post so fast?! lol

Right after I clicked post to post the topic your post was already there! Wierd....

greves
11-06-2007, 10:40 PM
No reason you can't link them together. Weekend For Liberty includes the Bill of Rights Day - which given the positioning of the 2 events - would be really a shame to miss out on. WeekendForLiberty.com awfully awful mockup in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33299

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Well if people agree we can use both sites. Personally I think thats the way to go as it will make the people creating the sites compete to have the better site.:D

Another thing aside from the upper right corner's font not fitting in with the style of this, and the background needing to be color, it doesn't mention the Boston Tea Party in like words really. Its focused more on the Bill of Rights than the Tea Party, and the Tea Party is going to be slightly more emphasized than the Bill of Rights stuff I would think.

greves
11-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Again - either way - I was just showing that it can be done on one website, and how "weekendforliberty.com" makes better use of the ideas together than "teaparty07.com" does alone.

Adam0980
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
We should use teaparty07 for the donation drive so it has its exclusivity that it is probably better to have and then use weekendforliberty for the whole weekend.

austin356
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Why not have one page, Weekend for Liberty, that gives you a broad run down of the goals, etc for the weekend, then links you to BoRs day or BTP day.

SwooshOU
11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Tea Party. Unique. Revolutionary.

greves
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Links would be ok - but why even that? Look at thisnovember5th. it was short and simple. we're doing that, but twice. You can easily fit it on the same page and not have it clutter. Its basically a short paragraph about the bill of rights and a link to the meetups, plus a short paragraph about the tea party and an email/donation subscription form with like 5 radio buttons on the top. This would easily fit on the same page as I have demonstrated in another thread.

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah I agree that weekendforliberty is best.

The issue is, is teaparty07.com pushing or promoting the actual donation day more in its name better or worse than weekend for liberty.com pushing or promoting the entire weekend to generate donations on the 16th?

Personally I think we should go with weekendforliberty.com for the following reasons:

1. Its a better, stronger sounding name.

2. Its more popular right now, but not many votes have been cast yet.

3. It promotes a "bigger" event than just a one day donation. It promotes the donation day, *plus* day before rallies to build up the donation day.

But mainly we need to let popularity decide and go with the more popular site I think, and concede to the majority with a decent compromise if someone feels a compromise needs to be made.

Edit: hmm its not winning anymore..... if it loses though I still stick with what I said and say we go with teaparty07.com.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
In the end its up to whoever buys the domains or writes the websites ;)

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah but we would hope they would have the dignity to respect the opinions on here of most people, and that other people will respect the site already made and not make a second one if thats not what people think is best. I mean if there is a general consensus on here like there was about the 5th then thats a sign we're on the right path I think, so I would hate for someone to go a different way you know?

And its interesting these two site names are so close too.... just pick one people! lol

greves
11-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Well in the free market, without somewhat of a consensus their site will fail anyway. This will work out fine I'm sure - I mean we all want the same thing at this point (campaigning 15th, donations 16th) - just trying to figure out how best to implement it.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:08 PM
teaparty07 is easier to remember, and type out.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
"let me think, was it "bostonteaparty07"? "teaparty2007"? "tparty07"? oh no thats right - it was just weekend for liberty dot com!"

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM
True about teaparty07 being easier to remember and spell, good point there.....

I'm not really overly concerned about which way this goes though because either of these site names are decent to me. And like someone already said we're all on the same page with rallying on the 15th, and donating on the 16th, so the outcome of the site/s will be the same in the end probably.

Someone should get a youtube video up soon lol! I look forward to seeing those starting so I can start promoting this.

And now greeves comes out with the valid counterpoint for weekendforliberty.com lol..... it just shows what I said though, they're both just fine really.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
bill of rights has a great idea and motive,
but it doesn't have the same ring and oomph of tea party.

Yeah, tea party sounds pansy, but it sure turned heads 234 years ago. I think this one would have the same effect.

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
teaparty07 seems more direct. I think clouding things up over a whole weekend is not going to help. Simplicity is key. I'm all for the 2 day event but i think the teaparty07 website should be very similar to the nov. 5th website but have a link to or mention the events for the 15th. Again, I can't stress enough that simplicity is the key.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Good point, Copperhed51.

Austin
11-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I think I like weekendforliberty better, but either would work. Personally, teaparty07 seems a bit unfriendly internet wise. On the other hand, weekendforliberty.com is easily recognizable as something likely to be affiliated with politics.

Maybe I'm talking out of my butt... Oh well, voted for wefl.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm just curious, how come nobody conisdered "BostonTeaParty.com?"

greves
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Because that website already exists.

/smack.

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
They both have advantages to their approaches, thats probably why neither is getting a big number of votes over the other, at least not yet. But it looks like Teaparty07 probably has slightly more people for it overall. Either way is going to be ok though.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Because that website already exists.

/smack.

d'oh... :o

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Well I think its getting safe to say people want teaparty07.com now. I feel like thats going to be the general opinion.

Won't it be awesome if Nov.5th turns out to be just a shadow of the Boston Tea Party? And then this a shadow of Paul getting elected?!?!:eek:

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Anyways, I leaned toward WFL but decided that teaparty07 is a bit more focused. I say teaparty07. :p

kevman657
11-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Tea party? The media and outsiders would laugh. It doesn't sound as strong as weekendforliberty.com

I really hope the campaign jumps in and makes their own website name. Teaparty07 in my opinion is weak...

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Ah well it is more focused though. Don't worry it won't come off as weak in the media really. Besides, even if it does, it will just be equaling out the stronger seeming nov.5th theme. I mean after that it would take like fluffybunny.com for the media to think we're soft lol....

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 11:34 PM
IMO, WFL (sheesh I feel like one of those teenagers texting on a cellphone :p) dilutes the 16th propaganda. I'm really for putting an actual date for the website.

garrettwombat
11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
tea party is the best so far... iv read about the Boston tea party all day today and it was such a great event in history

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah it was cool. Its funny how they dressed like indians but marched in two wide formation like europeans lol! I bet they thought that was funny too because obviously they did that because they knew everyone else would know they did it, but they needed disguises so they could not be individually discovered. Its funny.. watch out! Indians are coming in european marching formation! lol

wisconsinite
11-07-2007, 12:37 AM
I say teaparty07.com for the following reasons:

- it's a shorter name, easier to remember and type. weekendforliberty.com is too long.
- There's a clear connection to a historical event that everyone is familiar with. The Bill of Rights are great, but it's not an event that has imagery and resonates with the collective consiousness.
- the one day donation should be kept simple and reflected in the name of the website.

You could have a link on the teaparty site to other activities/meetups, but should keep it basically a clear and straightforward mass donation drive for the average visitor to the website.

Also, I wouldn't worry about "tea party" not sounding cool enough or strong enough. Everyone associates the Boston Tea Party with a patriotic protest against unjust taxation, nobody gonna think about little old ladies sipping tea. The day is perfect because it ties the Ron Paul Revolution back to the American Revolution.

ProBlue33
11-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Teaparty07 yup thats the one for the money, the liberty one could be for the events for the day before and link you to the cash giving site, they could work together.

James R
11-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Sorry if I'm stealing anyone's glory here by going ahead and posting this lol, but I think its clear now the two sites that are possibly going to be used for the Dec.15th and 16th events are weekendforliberty.com and teaparty07.com, so I figured we should have a poll on only those two so that the people that put their votes on some other site name can vote on which one of these they would rather have.

I think the consensus now is that we can really have both websites and simply focus on one or the other based on the audience we are pitching to. The TeaParty07 for the donations, or WeekendOfLiberty for the events. Basically, TeaParty07 can be a WeekendOfLiberty event.

qwerty
11-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Tea Party!

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I think the consensus now is that we can really have both websites and simply focus on one or the other based on the audience we are pitching to. The TeaParty07 for the donations, or WeekendOfLiberty for the events. Basically, TeaParty07 can be a WeekendOfLiberty event.

Beautiful idea. We need Dec 16th to be the donation day so we can make one-day records. But the Weekend of Liberty as an event would definately work.

Adam0980
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, you can officially add my support to this. However, one concern. I think it's a mistake to behave as if teaparty07 is an event of weekendforliberty. I think we need to look at it as the weekendforliberty exists in support of teaparty07. In other words, everything is for the donation drive. This is the hardest thing to accomplish, getting new people to give away their money and so I think we're best coming at this as if that is what everything else is working towards.

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah I agree WFL has to ultimately promote the donation day. But I think they are already thinking that too if I understand what they have said right so far. I don't think they intended for it to solely promote the rallies or anything.

Visual
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
teaparty07 cause it's got more zing, and the awareness on the 15th is in support of of the main objective which is money.