PDA

View Full Version : VERY IMPORTANT (I think this is) WE NEED A SIDE BY SIDE PAUL TO THOMPSON COMPARISON

johngr
06-15-2007, 03:17 PM
With 1) CFR member? and 2) voted for patriot act? voted for military commissions act?, et. al.

Thompson can undermine Dr. Paul's support. We must pro-act. Southern states especially important. What about Thompson (if known) would they not like in the South?

austin356
06-15-2007, 03:20 PM
With 1) CFR member? and 2) voted for patriot act? voted for military commissions act?, et. al.

Thompson can undermine Dr. Paul's support. We must pro-act. Southern states especially important. What about Thompson (if known) would they not like in the South?

Gun Control. If his record of stealth control on guns came up here people would oppose him.

I have talked to people who dont like the gun legislation that came out of the house the other day, with only RP voting against.

RonPaul2012grassroots
06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I agree, such a comparison is sorely needed. I was just talking to some folks about creating a website explicitly for this purpose. Please check your p. messages.

ksuguy
06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I would find this very useful. On the various gun boards I frequent, Thompson is probably the favorite, with Ron Paul coming in second.

Texan4Life
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah I was surprised when i found out that FT voted for some anti-gun leg. as he has a lot of support from the gunners.

RonPaul2012grassroots
06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah I was surprised when i found out that FT voted for some anti-gun leg. as he has a lot of support from the gunners.

Could you please point me in the right direction where I can find the particulars on Freddy's anti-gun votes? TIA

Craig_R
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3273

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/alerts/259

Lesgov
06-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul on the issues;

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm

Fred Thompson on the issues;

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Fred_Thompson.htm

Texan4Life
06-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Could you please point me in the right direction where I can find the particulars on Freddy's anti-gun votes? TIA

It was a link I got from this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3273

and the link was http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

"Fred Thompson’s Anti-Gun Senate Record"

"The Conservatives Against Fred Thompson volunteers have compiled a list of proposals voted for by Fred Dalton Thompson in the senate that include Gun Bans, confiscations and limitations of free speech by Gun Rights Advocates. Dates and bill numbers are provided so this information can be easily verified."

here is a direct link regarding that info, so you don't have to sift through the general page: http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/fred-thompsons-anti-gun-senate-record/

johngr
06-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Very good suggestions about the gun control issue.

Don't forget about the immigration issue/CFR membership. He received a grade of "C" from Americans for Better Immigration. I have taken to calling him "Señor Alfredo Thomaso" and the office he seeks, "El Presidente of the Uniono Norte Americano" (to succeed Jorge Boosh). I wouldn't mind if that meme caught on :)

I dug up these quotes from CFRers

"The sovereignty fetish is still so strong in the public mind, that there would appear to be little chance of winning popular assent to American membership in anything approaching a super-state organization. Much will depend on the kind of approach which is used in further popular education."
- 1944 Council on Foreign Relations Report

"Opponents of this action [the North American Union] would without doubt file civil action to stop Martial Law from being enacted, which means that it would doubtlessly end up in the U.S. Supreme Court. You might surmise then that this court would rule in our favor, until you learn that three sitting judges on this court are members of the CFR; Stephen G. Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sandra Day O'Connor. This is not a majority of the nine justices, so within the next three to twelve months at least two sitting justices will retire, giving President Bush the chance to nominate replacements from the CFR. You might say that the chances of this happening are slim, until you learn that during the last change in this court, on the short-list of five candidates, "only" CFR members were considered for the vacated position."

"Let us face reality. The framers [of the Constitution] have simply been too shrewd for us. They have outwitted us. They designed separate institutions that cannot be unified by mechanical linkages, frail bridges, (or) tinkering. If we are to turn the founders upside down… we must directly confront the Constitutional structure they erected."
- James MacGregor Burns, Council on Foreign Relations member, 1984

"The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has just let the cat out of the bag about what’s really behind our trade agreements and security partnerships with the other North American countries. A 59-page CFR document spells out a five-year plan for the 'security community' with a common 'outer security perimeter.... [ie] wide-open U.S. borders between the U.S., Mexico and Canada... at this ... meeting [3-23-05]... President Bush pinned the epithet 'vigilantes' on the volunteers guarding our border in Arizona... the CFR document calls for 'a seamless North American market' and for 'the extension of full labor mobility to Mexico.'... adopting a 'tested once' principle for pharmaceuticals, by which a product tested in Mexico will automatically be considered to have met U.S. standards.... putting illegal aliens into the U.S. Social Security system, which is bound to bankrupt the system. ... a major fund to finance 60,000 Mexican students to study in U.S. colleges.... supervision by a North American Advisory Council of 'eminent persons'."
- The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)

"For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the USA. But he didn't. Most of his thoughts, his political 'ammunition,' as it were, was carefully manufactured for him in advance by the Council on Foreign Relations-One World Money Group."
- Curtis Dall, ex-President Franklin Roosevelt’s son-in-law

"The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton, quote from “Tragedy and Hope”, 1966

"Once the ruling members of the CFR have decided that the U.S. Government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of (the) CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy, and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition."
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy

johngr
06-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Very good suggestions about the gun control issue.

Don't forget about the immigration issue/CFR membership. He received a grade of "C" from Americans for Better Immigration. Additionally, he flip-flopped on amnesty. I have taken to calling him "Señor Alfredo 'CFR' Thomaso" and the office he seeks, "El Presidente of the Uniono Norte Americano" (to succeed Jorge "bring 'em (illegals) on" Boosh). I wouldn't mind if that meme caught on :)

I dug up these quotes from CFRers

"The sovereignty fetish is still so strong in the public mind, that there would appear to be little chance of winning popular assent to American membership in anything approaching a super-state organization. Much will depend on the kind of approach which is used in further popular education."
- 1944 Council on Foreign Relations Report

"Opponents of this action [the North American Union] would without doubt file civil action to stop Martial Law from being enacted, which means that it would doubtlessly end up in the U.S. Supreme Court. You might surmise then that this court would rule in our favor, until you learn that three sitting judges on this court are members of the CFR; Stephen G. Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sandra Day O'Connor. This is not a majority of the nine justices, so within the next three to twelve months at least two sitting justices will retire, giving President Bush the chance to nominate replacements from the CFR. You might say that the chances of this happening are slim, until you learn that during the last change in this court, on the short-list of five candidates, "only" CFR members were considered for the vacated position."

"Let us face reality. The framers [of the Constitution] have simply been too shrewd for us. They have outwitted us. They designed separate institutions that cannot be unified by mechanical linkages, frail bridges, (or) tinkering. If we are to turn the founders upside down… we must directly confront the Constitutional structure they erected."
- James MacGregor Burns, Council on Foreign Relations member, 1984

"The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has just let the cat out of the bag about what’s really behind our trade agreements and security partnerships with the other North American countries. A 59-page CFR document spells out a five-year plan for the 'security community' with a common 'outer security perimeter.... [ie] wide-open U.S. borders between the U.S., Mexico and Canada... at this ... meeting [3-23-05]... President Bush pinned the epithet 'vigilantes' on the volunteers guarding our border in Arizona... the CFR document calls for 'a seamless North American market' and for 'the extension of full labor mobility to Mexico.'... adopting a 'tested once' principle for pharmaceuticals, by which a product tested in Mexico will automatically be considered to have met U.S. standards.... putting illegal aliens into the U.S. Social Security system, which is bound to bankrupt the system. ... a major fund to finance 60,000 Mexican students to study in U.S. colleges.... supervision by a North American Advisory Council of 'eminent persons'."
- The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)

"For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the USA. But he didn't. Most of his thoughts, his political 'ammunition,' as it were, was carefully manufactured for him in advance by the Council on Foreign Relations-One World Money Group."
- Curtis Dall, ex-President Franklin Roosevelt’s son-in-law

"The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton, quote from “Tragedy and Hope”, 1966

"Once the ruling members of the CFR have decided that the U.S. Government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of (the) CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy, and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition."
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy

johngr
06-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Here's an example of my work on this website: http://www.rightwingworld.com/2007/06/14/thompsons-website-amongst-the-best/#comment-44

"If we’re stupid enough to elect Señor Alfredo “CFR” Thomaso to the Office of El Presidente (to succeed Jorge “bring ‘em on” Boosh), maybe he can do a slick facelift of the Border Patrol website too and even translate it into Spanish while he’s at it, right after he gets done signing away what’s left of our gun rights.

More likely, a vote for that sonorous windbag is a vote for Hillary. If you really want to beat the Democrats, there’s only one man who can do the job (in the real world). RON PAUL!"

carla8478
06-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Another source for congressional voting records is www.votesmart.org.

LibertyEagle
06-18-2007, 12:49 AM

Gun Owners of America:
http://gunowners.org/pres08/thompson2.htm

Seamaiden
06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Gun Control. If his record of stealth control on guns came up here people would oppose him.

I have talked to people who dont like the gun legislation that came out of the house the other day, with only RP voting against.

You must be talking about HR 297, yes?

But I'm not sure of whom you're referring to when you mention "his record of stealth gun control". I'm assuming it's Fred you're speaking of, because from what I've read (thanks for the reposting of that link to ontheissues.org. I will also be checking out the other links presented) Dr. Paul's tendency is towards less control.

I need help on the acronym, CFRrs, please.

denvervoipguru
06-22-2007, 04:37 AM
I am 100% In favor of attacking the CFR and it's useful idiots head-on.

The Internet give us the first opportunity EVER to do this by educating people.

Talking Point...A shadowy, elitist group of corporate good ol' boys hell bent on destroying American sovereignty while raping it's wealth for the super rich...gon't believe me, read their documents!

Now, if we can win against a group like that we might as well pack it in NOW and go home!!!

Let's start bringing these things to the forefront...
Call talk radio and ask why Rudy's making money on Cintra's Super Highway
Why did Bush sign the Treaty of Quebec City?

micahnelson
06-22-2007, 05:43 AM
I would be careful in making too much of a big deal on Thompson's CFR status beyond pairing it to his Lobbying to show he is a Washington insider type.

Any discussion of what the CFR may or may not be means trying to prove something besides Ron Paul is good for America.

Fred Thompson is more of the same, to fix the broken system we are going to need a new man with an old plan, Ron Paul and the Constitution.

micahnelson
06-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I just finished up my point for point comparison and summary. Check it out here if you'd like.

Summary of Comparison
http://micahnelson.com/?p=50 (http://micahnelson.com/?p=50)
Point for Point Comparison
http://micahnelson.com/?p=49

Hopefully this gives everyone a decent place to start when addressing differences and similarities between the candidates.

denvervoipguru
06-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I would be careful in making too much of a big deal on Thompson's CFR status...

CFR is behind our Open Borders policy, AND the war in Iraq (Security & Prosperity Partnership)

Dr. Paul has a record of uncompromising integrity upon which we can stand firmly while we fight for the truth! That's our BIG advantage in this campaign and we need to NOT be afraid to use it.

NOW is the time to combat these unelected private groups who have been orchestrating policy behind the scenes. Otherwise Fred Thomson "looks" like a breath of fresh air from outside the beltway.
Hillary "looks" like a 180degree turn in politics
Obama "looks" like a modest public servant.

There's indisputable, hard-hitting factual evidence supporting CFR corruption and influence OVER our elected officials. This is the type of TABLOID info that if it were to spread enough...it could reach a Tipping Point and really be the deciding factor.

Read: Meme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme)

angelatc
06-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I think it's hard to do because Thompson flip-flops on everything. Right now he is anit-amnesty, but just a year ago he was pro-amnesty, so there's no telling how he will actually feel once he's elected.

(I do have my suspicions...)

austinphish
06-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Read: Meme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme)

Um, can you provide a summary as to why you think Memes are important and what they are? That Wiki article is waaaaaaay to long.

Also how do you pronounce that?

Gracias

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Johngr:

For the quotes that came from the CFR itself, do you have sources you can site? I ask because if I use these somewhere, people are sure to ask and I would like to be able to back it up.

micahnelson
06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Ron Paul as president can solve many problems we have in this country. Some people don't even know about some of the problems they have. It will be more effective for us to focus on the simple ones, the ones they see in day to day life.

Getting through to someone is very literally like traversing an obstacle course in a person's mind. Too far one direction and your ideas will fall into pits labeled "boring", "too complicated", "left wing", "right wing", and of course "conspiracy theory".

A message of limited government, constitutional reform, responsible military use, and less taxation navigates that gauntlet pretty well. I'm coining the phrase, Refined Weapons Grade Truth. The truth: weaponized for maximum impact.

Other candidates know that complicated things turn off voters. On Rudy Giuliani's website, you wont even see his last name until you scroll all the way down the main page.

The average American doesn't know the CFR exists, and they won't care if you inform them. Big example, all the information you have has been around for a while. No one cared before. People are getting on board because of Ron Paul, so lets stay on topic as much as we can.

micahnelson
06-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Um, can you provide a summary as to why you think Memes are important and what they are? That Wiki article is waaaaaaay to long.

Also how do you pronounce that?

Gracias

See, case in point. Austin isn't going to read a wiki article on Memes (I dont blame you at all, it is very long) and he is a huge Ron Paul supporter like we are.

Simplify Simplify Simplify. The worst acronym we face may not be CIA or CFR, but TLDR (too long didnt read).

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Before I was banned from freerepublic.com in May...after 8 years of posting there...(blame them if you're tired of my postings ;))

I created this "side by side" of Rudy & Dr. Paul

http://www.toxicboyblog.com/paulvsrudy.jpg

Something similar might be effective with Thompson.
This was a quick and dirty job that could have been done better, more readable and there are a few errors...but you get the idea.

ShaneC
06-24-2007, 07:08 AM
denvervoipguru,

I'd change the "100% by FAIR", "89% by NTU", and lines such as that.

Most people aren't going to understand that, nor look it up.

Keep it simple and accurate.

DoubleplusGood! otherwise. :)

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 07:29 AM
"Homosexual Agenda" category could be worded differently for a more libertarian audience.