PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters agree: Paul rocks

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 12:20 AM
http://www.concordmonitor.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/article_main/photos/Paul%20@%20KSC%203%20%2011-21-11.jpg

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/294985/youngsters-agree-paul-rocks?SESSa820834dc6b46b27aa0ccce7d1fc0587=google

they don't get it. Youngsters, over all don't have to vote. Only ours do. And Ron Paul supporters show up.

CaptainAmerica
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM
cool pic. Ron is definitely popular with the younger voters.

pauliticalfan
11-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Pretty good article, don't like that guy at the end saying we haven't broadened our support when the polls clearly show that we have.

parocks
11-28-2011, 01:03 AM
But they are not as ubiquitous as they seem, and relying on the population least likely to vote is not a safe bet for winning an election, Smith said.

That's what you have a disagreement with, yes?

I think it's a big mistake to think that our people are going to automatically show up, or that they'll show up without someone putting forth the effort to get them to the polls.

If we work hard to get 17/8-29 year olds to the polls and are successful in getting them to the polls, there are a lot of Ron Paul votes there.

That is likely the #1, make or break issue for us.

And it doesn't seem like anyone really is trying to figure out how we will be able to get these 17or18 to 29 year olds to the polls. They like us the most. They will vote for us, if they're there, but these are people who have never voted before. Do not think they will show up just because they prefer us.

I think this should be the focus of grassroots activity. But it appears that everyone else would like to guess what old people like, and make ads to try to get the people who vote but don't like us to like us enough to vote for us. That's what the official campaign is doing.

Do you think that the official campaign is able to hit our target with our lists? They're using voter lists. These arent voters. These people are mostly invisible to our Voter ID / GOTV system. Their cell phones are silent on the day before election day and on election day. Old people with landlines who vote, their phones are ringing non-stop - vote tomorrow, then vote today.

AlexAmore
11-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Do you think that the official campaign is able to hit our target with our lists? They're using voter lists. These arent voters. These people are mostly invisible to our Voter ID / GOTV system. Their cell phones are silent on the day before election day and on election day. Old people with landlines who vote, their phones are ringing non-stop - vote tomorrow, then vote today.

I wrote out a solution to this many weeks ago. If we started a text messaging campaign we could build a database of young Ron Paul and general anti-war/liberty supporters with their cell phones and text them the day of the election. Look into SMS campaigns. Basically you put out advertisements that say maybe "If you're anti-war text 'Antiwar' to 09840. Help bring our troops home!" or you could make it more Ron Paul oriented...etc

I'm not sure if it's too late now though.

parocks
11-28-2011, 01:25 AM
A way to get young people to vote.

USPS bypass.

So much money goes to the United States Postal Service from the campaign. Most of it is delivering bulk mail. That can be done by paid canvassers. Iowans who are eligible to vote.

Take those hundreds of thousands of dollars and instead of giving it to the USPS, give it to the precinct leader. Or another person who is tasked with the mail delivery in that location. They can take their chunk of the money and spread it out to the people who are delivering the lit.

The goal is get as many of these people in our system as possible, voting for us as possible.

You want these things delivered, but, really, what you want is the worker/voter base. So you have one guy show up to deliver the lit. You give him an easy route (all the routes are easy) and you give him $20. You have his data and everything, of course, he's completely plugged in to the campaigns GOTV system.

Then you tell him he's done. This guy needs money. But we don't want this one guy spending 40 hours a week delivering 20-40 packets a week making $400-$800. It's preferable to using USPS, it gets the job done the same, but that's not the goal. We want more people.

So we tell him that we'll give him $5 for every new person he brings in. He then provides all the worker/voters we need.

Fortunately, we have these super brochures that are being sent out by 2 separate organizations, which would work well with this.

parocks
11-28-2011, 01:29 AM
I wrote out a solution to this many weeks ago. If we started a text messaging campaign we could build a database of young Ron Paul and general anti-war/liberty supporters with their cell phones and text them the day of the election. Look into SMS campaigns. Basically you put out advertisements that say maybe "If you're anti-war text 'Antiwar' to 09840. Help bring our troops home!" or you could make it more Ron Paul oriented...etc

I'm not sure if it's too late now though.

No where near too late.

You're on the right track and maybe even spot on.

You might want to talk to rp08orbust. He did a fantastic job, an extremely unsung hero of Ames. We got what 4000+ votes there. Many, at least 1000 and maybe 2000 or more of the people that showed up were contacted by rp08orbusts robopolls and robocalls. His purely grassroots efforts were a grassroots high point for this particular election cycle.

I would contribute to this one.