PDA

View Full Version : Are we pushing Dec 16th for the next big donation day?

Perry
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I know there was much resistance to Nov5th but I have seen little for Dec16th which, if one thinks about it, is a day that has more in common with Ron Pauls message then almost any other day. I have a feeling this one could turn out to be even more amazing possibly even hitting $10,000,000.00. So is this being worked on as we speak?
If so i am hoping the website can be up ASAP. It's only five weeks away and people need to prepare well ahead of time. This will give us three more pushes. Nov 11th which should be quite decent. December 16th -BIG
and finally the last day of quarter four which will be a megamover as well.

EvilEngineer
11-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I think it's the most fitting date, and it gives us adequate time to prepare. Plus, the MSM will have a much harder time spinning a correlation with a major event of our American Revolution as something bad. Sadly the more money bombs we have the more of a depreciating return we will have in terms of media attention. We need to make one last major push before the primaries start up, and it needs to be bigger than what we did yesterday.... and thats a very TALL order.

Sematary
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Actually, I was thinking (and I suggested this to the guy who did Nov 5) - we should have one on Dec 16th and then one more on January 20th. Why January 20th? It will be exactly one year prior to RP getting sworng in. :)

Austin
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the general consensus points to December 16th. I truly believe that we can raise 10 million this time. In the press release, Jesse mentioned that on November 5th, there were 17,396 new donors. That means out of the 36,672 donors, nearly half of them were donating for the first time.

Also, you can't forget the amount of media coverage today. Surely, we will get 10 million on December 16th.

Gilby
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Boston Tea Party day is very fitting. Everyone, save up for it! If you have to, look through your finances and see what you can cut.

Bodhi
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm definately in! We need to get this rolling ASAP. We have to break yesterdays record on the 16th or the media will use it against us and try to say that support is shrinking. So lets go for it and make it BIG!

LFOD
11-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm going as big as I can on the 16th. I'd like to smash the $12 million goal on that day. $4M got a boatload of media attention - $10M would be a shockwave.

I think Dec. 16 - Tea Party Day, is a date we can all get behind. In fact, I think we should keep hitting American Revolution dates and references at every opportunity. For Ron Paul to be able to effortlessly tap into that imagery that we're all familiar with is an almost outrageously priceless political message. No one else could even dream of pulling off equating their campaign with the Revolution. The funny thing is, this stuff isn't even Ron Paul's idea of himself - it's the grassroots vision.

Pride
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Organize Rallies for the 15th and lots of grassroots support.
Donate on the 16th.

Two strong days of campaigning.

Original_Intent
11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Don't start pushing it until late November - 2 or 3 weeks is plenty of time we don't want donations this month to dry up while people prepare to bomb BTP day

K1RBY
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
get the freakin' website up and running plz!
www.TEAPARTY07.com

MozoVote
11-07-2007, 12:11 AM
The MSM will always find a way to whine. They'll play up the revolters being disguised as Native Americans or something.

V-rod
11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
The MSM will always find a way to whine. They'll play up the revolters being disguised as Native Americans or something.

Remarkably, I wouldn't even doubt that. With the attitude I seen from the MSM since the end of the 90's, I wouldn't bet money against them calling our Revolutionary forefathers "terrorists" for going up against the British crown :D

michaelwise
11-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Can we call it Mary Poppins Day this time?

Thom1776
11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
November 11th Veterans Day Money Bomb.

November 23rd ThanksPauling Money Bomb.

December 15th-16th Mega-Money Bomb!

December 31st All-Out-Donation-Frenzy-Hyper Bomb!!

Good, even spread.