PDA

View Full Version : Viral voter registration - php/mySQL/help

J Free
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
We really need to make voter registration a big deal for all those states with closed primaries or caucuses - and NOW.

My idea is that people will compose an email endorsement/reason (or pick from 20-50 well-composed common ones which can each be tracked) why they are becoming Ron Paul Republicans. They will ask their friends to join them in becoming RPGOP.

There is some open source software that can make this viral, competitive, visual, and where personalized hotlinks can be placed all over the web so that people can see how their own friends-of-friends-of-friends network can mushroom.

Here is an example of an implementation.
http://speakup.oxygen.com/campaigns/neworleans/

Here is the open source software itself:
http://forwardtrack.eyebeamresearch.org/

I need some people with php/mySQL skills to get it installed and set up. It will need some tweaking in installation in order to set up the database schema. But it was designed to visually track political activism using the "six degrees of separation" type of model.

This could seriously be HUGE. The more people visually see the momentum building, the more people will want to climb aboard. And this is truly so necessary for us to be able to win in many states. But we really need to do it now.

Plus it can be used AFTER voter registration cutoff dates in order to virally market to our current GOP friends right up to the primaries.

Further, the results of this could - if successful - really help drive lower-level GOP into the RP camp. Because we will be able to PROVE that Ron Paul is expanding the base of the GOP and thus is VERY electable.

Is there someone out there who wants to help put this thing together? What do people think of the idea? Any ideas for a great domain name? I can provide testing/database capacity on my site too.

sirachman
11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I like this idea, and the fact that it could be used even after Ron Pauls election in order to coordinate the new RPGOP's for future elections and keep us all in contact with one another to help with future campaigns and rallys. This is if you add features to it including messaging and other such things(which could be added as extra features later of course.

Hey anyone thought of making a rpgop.com/rpr.com website?

J Free
11-07-2007, 02:06 AM
bump

J Free
11-07-2007, 10:54 AM
bump. With the right backend, this system I'm talking about can be used to get people offline/local for the delegate push and any local/county GOP efforts. Are there a couple of php/mySQL folks who can help here?

me3
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
bump

sirachman
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Looking for volunteers with programming experience BUMP!

J Free
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
ok one more call. Need php/mySQL people for a couple of elements:
the base install and database setup,
a bit of guidance re how to read the templating and user interface files so non-techies don't screw them up as we create the front-end user interface,
and pre-launch testing.

Please pm me if you are interested or if you know someone who can help out. Seriously, this is a really neat project and will do wonders for your career when we get this thing up and running.

tmg19103
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
This is an AWESOME idea! Programmers - please help. :)

disciple
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
This is a must.

jake
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
IF NO ONE HERE HAS THE KNOW HOW OR TIME A CHIP-IN TO PAY SOMEONE TO DO THIS WOULD BE A WORTHWHILE CAUSE - sites like elance.com or rentacoder.com can provide reasonable prices where multiple people bid for projects. I think this is an excellent idea for a project and should be done, whether it costs money, or not. (obviously prefer it doesn't cost the grassroots effort anything)

J Free
11-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I just posted the request (non-paid) on craigslist. I'll head over to elance and rentacoder and post a request there. Can do the chip-in stuff once I see the price tag.

Could people pm me (or better email me at yibberat at yahoo d*t com)? Regardless of what skills/time you may have. Everyone here has an idea of how we can best get RP the nomination.

I'd like to brainstorm this, narrow down the initial focus, and structure this project so that we can divvy things up and really leverage the tech time and speed up the launch. An email circle will be the fastest way to do this.