PDA

View Full Version : Create your own Ron Paul FM stereo radio station

flybeech
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Just for fun, how about setting up a Ron Paul FM stereo radio station? It's easy to do and it can be in your house, business or even in your car. The FCC heavily restricts anyone wanting to broadcast radio signals, as MSM owns almost every commercial radio station in existence and they don't want the competition. We still have the right to create a 200 foot radio bubble with a very low power FM transmitter of about 1 watt. All that's needed is a transmitter and some programming, which is easily done with an iPod, or equivalent. With a simple 2-channel mixing board, microphone and iPod, live announcements can be made between music sets. The whole kit can easily be rigged into a car and a frequency can be posted in the car window, inviting nearby listeners to tune in.

I like the Hlly CZH-15A 20 watt FM stereo transmitter. It allows selection of frequencies between 88mhz and 108mhz and power selection between the legal 1 watt and the illegal 20 watt setting. ;) I'm told 20 watts and a good antenna will broadcast over a mile, or more. It operates on 12VDC and has 2 inputs. Just run the radio nearby to monitor the broadcast and be sure you don't over-modulate. The sound quality is really nice. The Hlly website (http://hllye.com/) has a 7 watt transmitter that will select 1.5 watts for $49, as well as eBay has some US sellers that could probably get a transmitter in sooner than the Hlly website in China. I know there are other FM transmitters that probably work just fine. My only experience is with the Hlly CZH-15A

Ron Paul 2012 FM could be broadcasting all over the place. Just load the iPod with music, Ron Paul quotes and radio spots and you're on the air. I'd like to see them black that out.