PDA

View Full Version : I Did It!!!

CaptUSA
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry for my excitement, here, but I finally got my grandmother!! I've been working her and the friends in her retirement community but haven't been able to completely break through the FoxNews blinders. Well, guess what?! They're off now! She's awake!

After working her for several months, I told her I wanted her to watch the DesMoines Register interview being re-played on CSPAN just now. She watched the whole thing. As soon as it was over my phone was ringing. She was literally amped up! She said, "He is so smart! He says things in a way I can understand them. If he got this type of interview on NBC or Fox, everyone would vote for him!" She said she was hanging on every word and he just drew her in!

I'm telling you, I am so excited as I type this! (She went from Trump to Cain to Bachman to Perry to Cain to Gingrich just like Fox wanted her to do.)

It confirmed what I have known for a long time. The problem with Ron Paul breaking through is all about access. Most people do not use the internet the way we do. Therefore, they do not have the same access to Ron Paul's ideas. We have to get more access.

So, the next time anyone hears about an hour-long interview coming on C-Span, each of us must call someone we love who does not use the internet for information, and tell them to watch it for us. My grandmother is very influential in her circle. I have hopes that she will share the awakening she just experienced. If we can multiply this success, there is no way Paul will not be President!!!

InTradePro
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Right on!!

I was just listening to Dr Paul and was surprised he said it was going well with the older people in Iowa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJeikpqfbg

rideurlightning
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Awesome job. I was lucky enough to get my mother and a few of my friends over. I am pretty sure my father likes Ron Paul, but I hardly talk to him about politics. But yeah, some people are just really hard to get through to. Can't criticize them though - I was once one of them - just not nearly as bad.

CaseyJones
11-27-2011, 06:52 PM
*high5*

PursuePeace
11-27-2011, 06:52 PM
That is awesome, CaptUSA!
:) :)

sailingaway
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
For your grandmother:

http://www.instyleweddingsusa.com/pix/g2_11.jpg

Aratus
11-27-2011, 06:54 PM
CaptUSA, she can vote via an absentee ballot! just a thought!

CaptUSA
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
CaptUSA, she can vote via an absentee ballot! just a thought!Not sure what that means? Are you afraid she's not going to make it to primary day?

Muwahid
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Great! That interview is really doing wonders, we should get that out to as many people as possible

Beorn
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Very exciting!

I will share that video with my uncle, aunt and father.

Eric21ND
11-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with you on the access issue. That's why I was so behind the effort to send For Liberty DVDs to Iowa voters.

Great interview.

Okie RP fan
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Excellent.

We cannot forget about our family and friends.

We must keep working over our family and friends...

Win them over first.

Aratus
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
not everyone has a direct ride to the polls!
many places have absentee ballots, also!

georgiaboy
11-27-2011, 07:22 PM
stellar.

Liberty74
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM
If RP can get enough old people to support him, he WINS. :D

Koz
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I asked my Mom over Thanksgiving who she was voting for. She said she didn't like any of the candidates. Then she took a really long pause and said, "You know what, I'm voting for Ron Paul, he's the only one I can trust."

I just gave her a thumbs up.

satchelmcqueen
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me, but good job. ill let my parents watch this to. they are a hard 2 to get through to. they worship fox news.

CaptUSA
11-28-2011, 06:34 AM
In my enthusiasm last night, I titled this thread, "I Did It". I need to mention that Ron Paul really did it, I just facilitated it.

How great is it that we have a candidate that will do all the work for us?! All we have to do is to make sure people have access to his ideas. If anyone hears of this interview (or another extended interview like this one) coming up on C-Span, be sure to create a Red Alert thread, or something like it, to get people to contact their family members that don't have internet access.

bluesc
11-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Awesome! I love hearing these stories :). While people here like bashing seniors for not supporting Ron, you are right, it is due to lack of access. When presented with his ideas, his plan, etc., they are very open to supporting him. Thanks for sharing :)!

febo
11-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Roll up roll up
Take the Ron Paul challenge!
Watch this interview.
Are you tough enough not to change your mind?

speciallyblend
11-28-2011, 07:14 AM
awesome news, i visit my parents next weekend(christmas,thanksgiving and birthday rolled into one) and they like ron paul and they are rachel maddow viewers,msnbc and dems;) Now i have to get them involved in the gordon nebraska gop. facepalm:( gonna try my best. They would vote for ron paul in a general or as 3rd party. I just have to get them motivated to go into the lions den of the gop! They despise the gop!

unknown
11-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Well done patriot. Now get her to donate her social security. :p

roho76
11-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Awesome! I love hearing these stories :). While people here like bashing seniors for not supporting Ron, you are right, it is due to lack of access. When presented with his ideas, his plan, etc., they are very open to supporting him. Thanks for sharing :)!

Who here bashes seniors? I'm curious.

bluesc
11-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Who here bashes seniors? I'm curious.

I don't know any specific usernames, as it was a while ago. Has definitely happened though.

lib3rtarian
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Good job!

LEK
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
I LOVE that you and your Gram can talk abot stuff like this and have such a cool relationship.

You guys will carry this together for a long time...thanks for sharing.

asurfaholic
11-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't know any specific usernames, as it was a while ago. Has definitely happened though.

Twice I've made the comment "old folks are the reason we are in the mess we're in" but im always just joking. I would never bash a senior, they are all so sweet.....

But seriously, its not like all the dictators just elected themselves.... people had to vote a certain way to cause the long term damage that was dealt. Us youngns are left to pick up the 15T debt tab, and the pieces of what liberty we have left.

I agree with those who say that getting seniors on board is key, that is the truth. Those old farts have been voting for years, and they can be counted on to show up again....

Carole
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Good story. Congratulations on converting your grandmother. :)

Great interview, too.
Ron Paul at Des Moines Register Editorial Board Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJeikpqfbg&feature=player_embedded

ChrisDixon
11-28-2011, 11:20 AM
+rep!

My family is having a Christmas function very early, coming up this weekend. They're very conservative, like Bush. My aunt is the only libertarian and I have an uncle who is very pro-2nd amendment. I'm wearing my Ron Paul gear and am going to have some friendly revolutionary conversation...over some effing awesome egg nog. :)

KingRobbStark
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow nice. You have just inspired me to start on mine.

CaptUSA
11-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow nice. You have just inspired me to start on mine.Now THAT's what I wanted to hear!!!

libertygrl
11-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Now THAT's what I wanted to hear!!!

That is SO AWESOME! Great job! Maybe we should get a few people to download the C-SPAN interview and burn it to dvd and target more Seniors.

sailingaway
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
That is SO AWESOME! Great job! Maybe we should get a few people to download the C-SPAN interview and burn it to dvd and target more Seniors.

It is on youtube and on the Des Moines Register site, unless they took it off. It is a FANTASTIC Ron Paul Sampler.